RM are aware the proportion of women is very low, and dare I suggest it, but it may help you. Unfortunately, regardless of sensitivities, the job has changed since the revisions in to a far more high-intensity physical one than it once was and this can work against the fairer sex. This is an observation; some bags and trollies are very heavy and those of a more robust physique may find it easier than others. As for stress, it is unfortunately becoming a reason more and more posties are signed off. We had one person off for 6 months, a monster round with 720 calls, often hit with 4-6 door-to-dustbins and heavy on packets. Simply the pressure of the impossible overcame them.Jessllew wrote:Also I was worried about being a female applying for this job.... As you don't see many female posties do you :0/
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Job interview.... When will I know
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Job interview.... When will I know
-
Megz1234
- Posts: 18
- Joined: 13 Jan 2014, 13:48
- Gender: Female
Re: Job interview.... When will I know
I can see how it will be a stressful job especially in well build up areas, but nothing like the stress of my previous jobs when the lives of animals are in your hands 24/7 and one slip up and they can die, i think i deserve a little bit of a de stresser at the moment haha.
-
Jessllew
- Posts: 34
- Joined: 07 Jan 2014, 07:45
- Gender: Female
Re: Job interview.... When will I know
:) got my fingers crossed for u megz xx
-
Jessllew
- Posts: 34
- Joined: 07 Jan 2014, 07:45
- Gender: Female
Re: Job interview.... When will I know
Mine now says processing offer .... What does this mean ?
Jess X
Jess X
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72763
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Job interview.... When will I know
Probably means you are successful and they are going through the process of offering you a job/putting you on waiting list.Jessllew wrote:Mine now says processing offer .... What does this mean ?
Jess X
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
GT85
- Posts: 365
- Joined: 26 Nov 2013, 20:02
- Gender: Male
- Location: ASDO
Re: Job interview.... When will I know
Congratulations, they are about to offer you a job 
We're all here because we're not all there
-
Rudolph_Hucker
- Posts: 196
- Joined: 21 Mar 2013, 18:19
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sorry but you don't have the necessary security clearance.
Re: Job interview.... When will I know
Yep, that's it. You're not going on the waiting list, you would have been told. Well done, welcome to the madhouse!GT85 wrote:Congratulations, they are about to offer you a job
If you do a job too well, you’ll get stuck with it.
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Job interview.... When will I know
Make sure you join the union and get a prescription for Valium.Rudolph_Hucker wrote:Yep, that's it. You're not going on the waiting list, you would have been told. Well done, welcome to the madhouse!GT85 wrote:Congratulations, they are about to offer you a job
-
Stormproof
- Posts: 6116
- Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Re: Job interview.... When will I know
and painkillers.bustedflush wrote:Make sure you join the union and get a prescription for Valium.Rudolph_Hucker wrote:Yep, that's it. You're not going on the waiting list, you would have been told. Well done, welcome to the madhouse!GT85 wrote:Congratulations, they are about to offer you a job
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets
Illegitimi non carborundum
-
Jessllew
- Posts: 34
- Joined: 07 Jan 2014, 07:45
- Gender: Female
Re: Job interview.... When will I know
Woo hoo :0) thanks all :) so looks like I'm just waiting for the security checks then before I receive an induction date :)
-
Rudolph_Hucker
- Posts: 196
- Joined: 21 Mar 2013, 18:19
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sorry but you don't have the necessary security clearance.
Re: Job interview.... When will I know
Don't expect an induction date for at least 2 months, they take their time!Jessllew wrote:Woo hoo :0) thanks all :) so looks like I'm just waiting for the security checks then before I receive an induction date :)
If you do a job too well, you’ll get stuck with it.
-
Jessllew
- Posts: 34
- Joined: 07 Jan 2014, 07:45
- Gender: Female
Re: Job interview.... When will I know
Yup I can see they've taken their time .... I applied for this role 7th December haha.
So providing I pass security checks then I will be offered this job ? .... Or will I be put on a waiting list :0(
So providing I pass security checks then I will be offered this job ? .... Or will I be put on a waiting list :0(
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Job interview.... When will I know
I had my induction 2 weeks after the phone call confirming my offer. If processing an offer you should be 'in' in 2-3 weeks. Your CRB will already have been done otherwise you wouldn't get an offer. If you were being put on a waiting lift your site status would not state 'processing offer'.Jessllew wrote:Yup I can see they've taken their time .... I applied for this role 7th December haha.
So providing I pass security checks then I will be offered this job ? .... Or will I be put on a waiting list :0(
-
dioklis@talktalk.net
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 17 Apr 2013, 10:35
- Gender: Female
Re: Job interview.... When will I know
No - I had an e-mail to say I had passed interview but didn't get the job, I was then given a different e-mail to respond to if a suitable job came up.Jessllew wrote:That's fab :0)
It's like a bloody waiting game ... Nearly a week and don't know if I got it yet lol, so if you get put on the waiting list ..... Do u just apply like normal and they automatically know you've been for a interview etc?
-
Jessllew
- Posts: 34
- Joined: 07 Jan 2014, 07:45
- Gender: Female
Re: Job interview.... When will I know
On the email I had saying I passed the interview ... I had to answer four questions ... Asking will this be my only job etc
Also on the Royal Mail application status they have put what happens next and there is a welcome pack when I log in :0/
Also on the Royal Mail application status they have put what happens next and there is a welcome pack when I log in :0/