ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Job interview.... When will I know

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

Re: Job interview.... When will I know

Post by bustedflush »

Jessllew wrote:Also I was worried about being a female applying for this job.... As you don't see many female posties do you :0/
RM are aware the proportion of women is very low, and dare I suggest it, but it may help you. Unfortunately, regardless of sensitivities, the job has changed since the revisions in to a far more high-intensity physical one than it once was and this can work against the fairer sex. This is an observation; some bags and trollies are very heavy and those of a more robust physique may find it easier than others. As for stress, it is unfortunately becoming a reason more and more posties are signed off. We had one person off for 6 months, a monster round with 720 calls, often hit with 4-6 door-to-dustbins and heavy on packets. Simply the pressure of the impossible overcame them.
Megz1234
Posts: 18
Joined: 13 Jan 2014, 13:48
Gender: Female

Re: Job interview.... When will I know

Post by Megz1234 »

I can see how it will be a stressful job especially in well build up areas, but nothing like the stress of my previous jobs when the lives of animals are in your hands 24/7 and one slip up and they can die, i think i deserve a little bit of a de stresser at the moment haha.
Jessllew
Posts: 34
Joined: 07 Jan 2014, 07:45
Gender: Female

Re: Job interview.... When will I know

Post by Jessllew »

:) got my fingers crossed for u megz xx
Jessllew
Posts: 34
Joined: 07 Jan 2014, 07:45
Gender: Female

Re: Job interview.... When will I know

Post by Jessllew »

Mine now says processing offer .... What does this mean ?

Jess X
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72763
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Job interview.... When will I know

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Jessllew wrote:Mine now says processing offer .... What does this mean ?

Jess X
Probably means you are successful and they are going through the process of offering you a job/putting you on waiting list.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
GT85
Posts: 365
Joined: 26 Nov 2013, 20:02
Gender: Male
Location: ASDO

Re: Job interview.... When will I know

Post by GT85 »

Congratulations, they are about to offer you a job :Applause
We're all here because we're not all there
Rudolph_Hucker
Posts: 196
Joined: 21 Mar 2013, 18:19
Gender: Male
Location: Sorry but you don't have the necessary security clearance.

Re: Job interview.... When will I know

Post by Rudolph_Hucker »

GT85 wrote:Congratulations, they are about to offer you a job :Applause
Yep, that's it. You're not going on the waiting list, you would have been told. Well done, welcome to the madhouse! :nervous
If you do a job too well, you’ll get stuck with it.
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

Re: Job interview.... When will I know

Post by bustedflush »

Rudolph_Hucker wrote:
GT85 wrote:Congratulations, they are about to offer you a job :Applause
Yep, that's it. You're not going on the waiting list, you would have been told. Well done, welcome to the madhouse! :nervous
Make sure you join the union and get a prescription for Valium.
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

Re: Job interview.... When will I know

Post by Stormproof »

bustedflush wrote:
Rudolph_Hucker wrote:
GT85 wrote:Congratulations, they are about to offer you a job :Applause
Yep, that's it. You're not going on the waiting list, you would have been told. Well done, welcome to the madhouse! :nervous
Make sure you join the union and get a prescription for Valium.
and painkillers.
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum
Jessllew
Posts: 34
Joined: 07 Jan 2014, 07:45
Gender: Female

Re: Job interview.... When will I know

Post by Jessllew »

Woo hoo :0) thanks all :) so looks like I'm just waiting for the security checks then before I receive an induction date :)
Rudolph_Hucker
Posts: 196
Joined: 21 Mar 2013, 18:19
Gender: Male
Location: Sorry but you don't have the necessary security clearance.

Re: Job interview.... When will I know

Post by Rudolph_Hucker »

Jessllew wrote:Woo hoo :0) thanks all :) so looks like I'm just waiting for the security checks then before I receive an induction date :)
Don't expect an induction date for at least 2 months, they take their time!
If you do a job too well, you’ll get stuck with it.
Jessllew
Posts: 34
Joined: 07 Jan 2014, 07:45
Gender: Female

Re: Job interview.... When will I know

Post by Jessllew »

Yup I can see they've taken their time .... I applied for this role 7th December haha.
So providing I pass security checks then I will be offered this job ? .... Or will I be put on a waiting list :0(
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

Re: Job interview.... When will I know

Post by bustedflush »

Jessllew wrote:Yup I can see they've taken their time .... I applied for this role 7th December haha.
So providing I pass security checks then I will be offered this job ? .... Or will I be put on a waiting list :0(
I had my induction 2 weeks after the phone call confirming my offer. If processing an offer you should be 'in' in 2-3 weeks. Your CRB will already have been done otherwise you wouldn't get an offer. If you were being put on a waiting lift your site status would not state 'processing offer'.
dioklis@talktalk.net
Posts: 1
Joined: 17 Apr 2013, 10:35
Gender: Female

Re: Job interview.... When will I know

Post by dioklis@talktalk.net »

Jessllew wrote:That's fab :0)

It's like a bloody waiting game ... Nearly a week and don't know if I got it yet lol, so if you get put on the waiting list ..... Do u just apply like normal and they automatically know you've been for a interview etc?
No - I had an e-mail to say I had passed interview but didn't get the job, I was then given a different e-mail to respond to if a suitable job came up.
Jessllew
Posts: 34
Joined: 07 Jan 2014, 07:45
Gender: Female

Re: Job interview.... When will I know

Post by Jessllew »

On the email I had saying I passed the interview ... I had to answer four questions ... Asking will this be my only job etc

Also on the Royal Mail application status they have put what happens next and there is a welcome pack when I log in :0/