ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Contract being extended
-
star2010
- Posts: 130
- Joined: 27 Sep 2013, 21:25
- Gender: Male
Re: Contract being extended
Any one else got any advice? can i approach other branches near to me?
-
Barbel
- Posts: 593
- Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
- Gender: Male
Re: Contract being extended
My contract is due to run out on the 10th January and with previous contracts I've always got the renewal at least one month before but I've had nothing yet. I will have been with RM for a year in 12 days time so I'm hoping I'm kept on. There's a chap who's also been with RM for a year and his contract ran out weeks ago yet he's still working and hasn't been told whether he's permanent or not. I've also heard that after a year they just stop sending out contracts but keep you on.
-
star2010
- Posts: 130
- Joined: 27 Sep 2013, 21:25
- Gender: Male
Re: Contract being extended
ok , would rather know where i stand so i can plan ahead. dont want to plod along thinking am i going or staying , would rather be told yes you got another 3 months or what ever they want to offer. how many months did you start off on mate? does the renewal come through the post or told face to face?Barbel wrote:My contract is due to run out on the 10th January and with previous contracts I've always got the renewal at least one month before but I've had nothing yet. I will have been with RM for a year in 12 days time so I'm hoping I'm kept on. There's a chap who's also been with RM for a year and his contract ran out weeks ago yet he's still working and hasn't been told whether he's permanent or not. I've also heard that after a year they just stop sending out contracts but keep you on.
-
Barbel
- Posts: 593
- Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
- Gender: Male
Re: Contract being extended
My first contract was for 6 months, that ran out in July so got another one for 3 months, then come October I got yet another 3 months which runs out next month. The renewal comes through the post and on all previous renewals they've arrived a good 3 weeks before the last one expired. Only 12 days left on my current one and still no sign of a new contract.star2010 wrote:ok , would rather know where i stand so i can plan ahead. dont want to plod along thinking am i going or staying , would rather be told yes you got another 3 months or what ever they want to offer. how many months did you start off on mate? does the renewal come through the post or told face to face?Barbel wrote:My contract is due to run out on the 10th January and with previous contracts I've always got the renewal at least one month before but I've had nothing yet. I will have been with RM for a year in 12 days time so I'm hoping I'm kept on. There's a chap who's also been with RM for a year and his contract ran out weeks ago yet he's still working and hasn't been told whether he's permanent or not. I've also heard that after a year they just stop sending out contracts but keep you on.
-
maximus12
- Posts: 76
- Joined: 22 Sep 2013, 08:59
- Gender: Male
Re: Contract being extended
Mine runs out saturday and I've not heard anything yet, it was the same last time, I think it turned up over a week after the date.
-
new2me
- Posts: 104
- Joined: 21 Nov 2013, 06:36
- Gender: Male
Re: Contract being extended
When you keep getting 3 month contract renewals, can you order uniform?
-
maximus12
- Posts: 76
- Joined: 22 Sep 2013, 08:59
- Gender: Male
Re: Contract being extended
Yea u can order uniform, you can order through dom or onlinenew2me wrote:When you keep getting 3 month contract renewals, can you order uniform?
-
new2me
- Posts: 104
- Joined: 21 Nov 2013, 06:36
- Gender: Male
Re: Contract being extended
Cheers max - where do we get our username/password for ordering online?
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16726
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Contract being extended
username is your pay number.
password is Delivery but then you get to change it.
password is Delivery but then you get to change it.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
new2me
- Posts: 104
- Joined: 21 Nov 2013, 06:36
- Gender: Male
Re: Contract being extended
Cheers Joe 
-
Burghboy
- Posts: 224
- Joined: 21 Oct 2013, 09:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Contract being extended
Started in october and was on 3 month temp contract! Was pulled aside xmas eve and told I was getting a perm contract on more hours!
-
Barbel
- Posts: 593
- Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
- Gender: Male
Re: Contract being extended
You lucky sod!Burghboy wrote:Started in october and was on 3 month temp contract! Was pulled aside xmas eve and told I was getting a perm contract on more hours!
-
freelunch
- Posts: 358
- Joined: 14 Oct 2012, 20:39
- Gender: Male
Re: Contract being extended
Thank you for not mentioning me by nameRobtor wrote:I suppose different offices may be different, but don't worry about it- everyone is always kept on. Even people that are completely useless and clearly not for this job are.
"Everybody has a plan.. until they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson
-
Skull21
- Posts: 15
- Joined: 05 Dec 2013, 16:53
- Gender: Male
Re: Contract being extended
What about if your off sick? Will your contract get renewed or is it a great chance for them to get rid?
-
Barbel
- Posts: 593
- Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
- Gender: Male
Re: Contract being extended
I heard of a couple of people today who were given permanent contracts but are still getting 3 monthly ones too whatever that means. Mine runs out in a week and I've still not had a new one through yet.