ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Contract being extended

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
star2010
Posts: 130
Joined: 27 Sep 2013, 21:25
Gender: Male

Re: Contract being extended

Post by star2010 »

Any one else got any advice? can i approach other branches near to me?
Barbel
Posts: 593
Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
Gender: Male

Re: Contract being extended

Post by Barbel »

My contract is due to run out on the 10th January and with previous contracts I've always got the renewal at least one month before but I've had nothing yet. I will have been with RM for a year in 12 days time so I'm hoping I'm kept on. There's a chap who's also been with RM for a year and his contract ran out weeks ago yet he's still working and hasn't been told whether he's permanent or not. I've also heard that after a year they just stop sending out contracts but keep you on.
star2010
Posts: 130
Joined: 27 Sep 2013, 21:25
Gender: Male

Re: Contract being extended

Post by star2010 »

Barbel wrote:My contract is due to run out on the 10th January and with previous contracts I've always got the renewal at least one month before but I've had nothing yet. I will have been with RM for a year in 12 days time so I'm hoping I'm kept on. There's a chap who's also been with RM for a year and his contract ran out weeks ago yet he's still working and hasn't been told whether he's permanent or not. I've also heard that after a year they just stop sending out contracts but keep you on.
ok , would rather know where i stand so i can plan ahead. dont want to plod along thinking am i going or staying , would rather be told yes you got another 3 months or what ever they want to offer. how many months did you start off on mate? does the renewal come through the post or told face to face?
Barbel
Posts: 593
Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
Gender: Male

Re: Contract being extended

Post by Barbel »

star2010 wrote:
Barbel wrote:My contract is due to run out on the 10th January and with previous contracts I've always got the renewal at least one month before but I've had nothing yet. I will have been with RM for a year in 12 days time so I'm hoping I'm kept on. There's a chap who's also been with RM for a year and his contract ran out weeks ago yet he's still working and hasn't been told whether he's permanent or not. I've also heard that after a year they just stop sending out contracts but keep you on.
ok , would rather know where i stand so i can plan ahead. dont want to plod along thinking am i going or staying , would rather be told yes you got another 3 months or what ever they want to offer. how many months did you start off on mate? does the renewal come through the post or told face to face?
My first contract was for 6 months, that ran out in July so got another one for 3 months, then come October I got yet another 3 months which runs out next month. The renewal comes through the post and on all previous renewals they've arrived a good 3 weeks before the last one expired. Only 12 days left on my current one and still no sign of a new contract.
maximus12
Posts: 76
Joined: 22 Sep 2013, 08:59
Gender: Male

Re: Contract being extended

Post by maximus12 »

Mine runs out saturday and I've not heard anything yet, it was the same last time, I think it turned up over a week after the date.
new2me
Posts: 104
Joined: 21 Nov 2013, 06:36
Gender: Male

Re: Contract being extended

Post by new2me »

When you keep getting 3 month contract renewals, can you order uniform?
maximus12
Posts: 76
Joined: 22 Sep 2013, 08:59
Gender: Male

Re: Contract being extended

Post by maximus12 »

new2me wrote:When you keep getting 3 month contract renewals, can you order uniform?
Yea u can order uniform, you can order through dom or online
new2me
Posts: 104
Joined: 21 Nov 2013, 06:36
Gender: Male

Re: Contract being extended

Post by new2me »

Cheers max - where do we get our username/password for ordering online?
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16726
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Contract being extended

Post by clashcityrocker »

username is your pay number.
password is Delivery but then you get to change it.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
new2me
Posts: 104
Joined: 21 Nov 2013, 06:36
Gender: Male

Re: Contract being extended

Post by new2me »

Cheers Joe :wink:
Burghboy
Posts: 224
Joined: 21 Oct 2013, 09:19
Gender: Male

Re: Contract being extended

Post by Burghboy »

Started in october and was on 3 month temp contract! Was pulled aside xmas eve and told I was getting a perm contract on more hours!
Barbel
Posts: 593
Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
Gender: Male

Re: Contract being extended

Post by Barbel »

Burghboy wrote:Started in october and was on 3 month temp contract! Was pulled aside xmas eve and told I was getting a perm contract on more hours!
You lucky sod! :cool
freelunch
Posts: 358
Joined: 14 Oct 2012, 20:39
Gender: Male

Re: Contract being extended

Post by freelunch »

Robtor wrote:I suppose different offices may be different, but don't worry about it- everyone is always kept on. Even people that are completely useless and clearly not for this job are. :Very Happy
Thank you for not mentioning me by name :whistle
"Everybody has a plan.. until they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson
Skull21
Posts: 15
Joined: 05 Dec 2013, 16:53
Gender: Male

Re: Contract being extended

Post by Skull21 »

What about if your off sick? Will your contract get renewed or is it a great chance for them to get rid?
Barbel
Posts: 593
Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
Gender: Male

Re: Contract being extended

Post by Barbel »

I heard of a couple of people today who were given permanent contracts but are still getting 3 monthly ones too whatever that means. Mine runs out in a week and I've still not had a new one through yet.