ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

my worst year ever for

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
sophie97
Posts: 169
Joined: 17 Jul 2013, 15:10
Gender: Female

Re: my worst year ever for

Post by sophie97 »

I got £80
Sidley
Posts: 653
Joined: 16 Jun 2012, 22:01
Gender: Male

Re: my worst year ever for

Post by Sidley »

I got nowt.
Godric
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 855
Joined: 17 Oct 2009, 12:08
Gender: Male
Location: The Kingdom of Alba

Re: my worst year ever for

Post by Godric »

on a new delivery only made £270 compared to my £640 last year on my old delivery :cry
"Vi har haft århundraden av kärlek och tillit till varandra."
Tuffers-1875
Posts: 25
Joined: 11 May 2011, 21:28
Gender: Male

Re: my worst year ever for

Post by Tuffers-1875 »

Two fivers while covering 3 different duties. A bottle of wine off one of the duty holders and f@ck all off the other two blokes. I have a good memory :dance
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: my worst year ever for

Post by dvbuk55 »

Godric wrote:on a new delivery only made £270 compared to my £640 last year on my old delivery :cry
Exactly what sort of service are you offering Godric :hmmmm
hampshireman
Posts: 792
Joined: 18 Dec 2009, 15:17
Gender: Male

Re: my worst year ever for

Post by hampshireman »

comeracing wrote:xmas tips in 18 years of the job and approx 5 years on the same duty,i think this year customers have thought weve got enough with our free shares,ended up with £108 a few biscuits wine etc out of my amount I got £20 and a few tenners,i can think of plenty of customers who gave last year and not bothered this year,never mind, :roll: happy new year folks.
And you complain !!!

many would be happy or more with that level of tips.
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: my worst year ever for

Post by OnAFlyer »

hampshireman wrote:
comeracing wrote:xmas tips in 18 years of the job and approx 5 years on the same duty,i think this year customers have thought weve got enough with our free shares,ended up with £108 a few biscuits wine etc out of my amount I got £20 and a few tenners,i can think of plenty of customers who gave last year and not bothered this year,never mind, :roll: happy new year folks.
And you complain !!!

many would be happy or more with that level of tips.
He doesn't deliver anywhere near me that's for certain. It's rare to get over £100 in my office, I used to get around £200 on my old duty but I'd be doing it for 10 years. My P&L partner and I got around £50 between us this year and it was our 3rd Christmas on the duty.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Re: my worst year ever for

Post by aiden01 »

try working in mc we get eff all but grief.
Mr Blonde
Posts: 337
Joined: 23 May 2007, 20:44

Re: my worst year ever for

Post by Mr Blonde »

I used to get over £100 but got about £40 this year. Like others have said now isn't the time of year to ask for favours if you've not tipped me. It's a twelve mile round trip to the enquiry office and I'm going back there anyhow. So are their packets.
CT10
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 125
Joined: 26 Oct 2013, 02:31
Gender: Male

Re: my worst year ever for

Post by CT10 »

aiden01 wrote:try working in mc we get eff all but grief.
Tell me about it :arrrghhh
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: my worst year ever for

Post by Lounge Lizard »

dvbuk55 wrote:I always was waiting for the woman who asked her husband if she should give anything to the postie at Christmas and he said "screw him"............oh well - I used to think there was always next year :cuppa
Aren't you confusing Christmas :shock: with retirement :nana ? :crazy:
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: my worst year ever for

Post by Lounge Lizard »

numberone wrote:I go to work for the wages to pay my bills, not for tips. But considering I got close to £1500 quid this year and a couple of luxury hampers, I'm not gunna complain.
I too go to work for the wages to pay my bills, not for tips, and with still averaging over £1 per house, despite being down 20% this Christmas, am not complaining :Very Happy .
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: my worst year ever for

Post by dvbuk55 »

Lounge Lizard wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:I always was waiting for the woman who asked her husband if she should give anything to the postie at Christmas and he said "screw him"............oh well - I used to think there was always next year :cuppa
Aren't you confusing Christmas :shock: with retirement :nana ? :crazy:
Well that is a thought LL and one I hadn't considered :hmmmm blue lozenges, start a daily regime to increase stamina - this could be the best year ever :chuckle
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: my worst year ever for

Post by OnAFlyer »

Lounge Lizard wrote:
numberone wrote:I go to work for the wages to pay my bills, not for tips. But considering I got close to £1500 quid this year and a couple of luxury hampers, I'm not gunna complain.
I too go to work for the wages to pay my bills, not for tips, and with still averaging over £1 per house, despite being down 20% this Christmas, am not complaining :Very Happy .

It's no wonder so many on the New agreement forum were proudly saying they didn't want the £300 bribe, £200 after tax is nothing when you're pulling £500-£1000+ tax free in tips every Christmas!
freelunch
Posts: 358
Joined: 14 Oct 2012, 20:39
Gender: Male

Re: my worst year ever for

Post by freelunch »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:I even found getting a £1 of an older resident especially gratifying.
Well, at least you're honest.
Personally, I gain no satisfaction from taking even a penny from a poor old age pensioner. :no no

j/k
"Everybody has a plan.. until they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson