ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
my worst year ever for
-
sophie97
- Posts: 169
- Joined: 17 Jul 2013, 15:10
- Gender: Female
Re: my worst year ever for
I got £80
-
Sidley
- Posts: 653
- Joined: 16 Jun 2012, 22:01
- Gender: Male
Re: my worst year ever for
I got nowt.
-
Godric
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 855
- Joined: 17 Oct 2009, 12:08
- Gender: Male
- Location: The Kingdom of Alba
Re: my worst year ever for
on a new delivery only made £270 compared to my £640 last year on my old delivery 
"Vi har haft århundraden av kärlek och tillit till varandra."
-
Tuffers-1875
- Posts: 25
- Joined: 11 May 2011, 21:28
- Gender: Male
Re: my worst year ever for
Two fivers while covering 3 different duties. A bottle of wine off one of the duty holders and f@ck all off the other two blokes. I have a good memory 
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: my worst year ever for
Exactly what sort of service are you offering GodricGodric wrote:on a new delivery only made £270 compared to my £640 last year on my old delivery
-
hampshireman
- Posts: 792
- Joined: 18 Dec 2009, 15:17
- Gender: Male
Re: my worst year ever for
And you complain !!!comeracing wrote:xmas tips in 18 years of the job and approx 5 years on the same duty,i think this year customers have thought weve got enough with our free shares,ended up with £108 a few biscuits wine etc out of my amount I got £20 and a few tenners,i can think of plenty of customers who gave last year and not bothered this year,never mind,happy new year folks.
many would be happy or more with that level of tips.
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: my worst year ever for
He doesn't deliver anywhere near me that's for certain. It's rare to get over £100 in my office, I used to get around £200 on my old duty but I'd be doing it for 10 years. My P&L partner and I got around £50 between us this year and it was our 3rd Christmas on the duty.hampshireman wrote:And you complain !!!comeracing wrote:xmas tips in 18 years of the job and approx 5 years on the same duty,i think this year customers have thought weve got enough with our free shares,ended up with £108 a few biscuits wine etc out of my amount I got £20 and a few tenners,i can think of plenty of customers who gave last year and not bothered this year,never mind,happy new year folks.
many would be happy or more with that level of tips.
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Re: my worst year ever for
try working in mc we get eff all but grief.
-
Mr Blonde
- Posts: 337
- Joined: 23 May 2007, 20:44
Re: my worst year ever for
I used to get over £100 but got about £40 this year. Like others have said now isn't the time of year to ask for favours if you've not tipped me. It's a twelve mile round trip to the enquiry office and I'm going back there anyhow. So are their packets.
-
CT10
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 125
- Joined: 26 Oct 2013, 02:31
- Gender: Male
Re: my worst year ever for
Tell me about itaiden01 wrote:try working in mc we get eff all but grief.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: my worst year ever for
Aren't you confusing Christmasdvbuk55 wrote:I always was waiting for the woman who asked her husband if she should give anything to the postie at Christmas and he said "screw him"............oh well - I used to think there was always next year
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: my worst year ever for
I too go to work for the wages to pay my bills, not for tips, and with still averaging over £1 per house, despite being down 20% this Christmas, am not complainingnumberone wrote:I go to work for the wages to pay my bills, not for tips. But considering I got close to £1500 quid this year and a couple of luxury hampers, I'm not gunna complain.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: my worst year ever for
Well that is a thought LL and one I hadn't consideredLounge Lizard wrote:Aren't you confusing Christmasdvbuk55 wrote:I always was waiting for the woman who asked her husband if she should give anything to the postie at Christmas and he said "screw him"............oh well - I used to think there was always next yearwith retirement
?
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: my worst year ever for
Lounge Lizard wrote:I too go to work for the wages to pay my bills, not for tips, and with still averaging over £1 per house, despite being down 20% this Christmas, am not complainingnumberone wrote:I go to work for the wages to pay my bills, not for tips. But considering I got close to £1500 quid this year and a couple of luxury hampers, I'm not gunna complain..
It's no wonder so many on the New agreement forum were proudly saying they didn't want the £300 bribe, £200 after tax is nothing when you're pulling £500-£1000+ tax free in tips every Christmas!
-
freelunch
- Posts: 358
- Joined: 14 Oct 2012, 20:39
- Gender: Male
Re: my worst year ever for
Well, at least you're honest.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:I even found getting a £1 of an older resident especially gratifying.
Personally, I gain no satisfaction from taking even a penny from a poor old age pensioner.
j/k
"Everybody has a plan.. until they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson