ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Most / Least Tips

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
calsae
Posts: 95
Joined: 02 Jul 2013, 21:50
Gender: Male

Re: Most / Least Tips

Post by calsae »

Why did you give it up ???[/quote]
Sciatica was killing me getting in and out of the van! Haven't had any problem since stopping driving :thumbup
fatmike
Posts: 33
Joined: 27 May 2011, 14:52
Gender: Male

Re: Most / Least Tips

Post by fatmike »

I think my worst year was when I was filling in for someone on long term sickness. £1(!) and a small box of Minature Heroes. :chuckle

Doing a little better this year, unsurprsingly!
ragsie76
Posts: 61
Joined: 12 Aug 2010, 18:57
Gender: Male

Re: Most / Least Tips

Post by ragsie76 »

I got £8 and 1 box of chocs even though me and my partner on biggest round in office with lots of flats some guys on much easier rounds and had a shed load more not fair I think :(
Nobodyshero
Posts: 83
Joined: 16 Mar 2010, 13:44
Gender: Male

Re: Most / Least Tips

Post by Nobodyshero »

£42, a bottle of whisky, a box of celebrations and a Terry's chocolate orange which the missus and daughter scoffed, fair enough I suppose I don't like them that much
Viewfindergeneral
Posts: 267
Joined: 15 Dec 2008, 12:05
Gender: Male

Re: Most / Least Tips

Post by Viewfindergeneral »

I got £20 from one bloke today. :nana Funny thing is he's never given me a penny before and I have been delivering to him for over 5 years. It's not as if I have done him any special favours recently so I can't understand why he chose to break his tipping "duck" with such a generous amount.

There's nowt as queer as folk is there?
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Most / Least Tips

Post by Lounge Lizard »

Viewfindergeneral wrote:I got £20 from one bloke today. :nana Funny thing is he's never given me a penny before and I have been delivering to him for over 5 years. It's not as if I have done him any special favours recently so I can't understand why he chose to break his tipping "duck" with such a generous amount.

There's nowt as queer as folk is there?
He probably thinks about £4 each Christmas is appropriate but can't be bothered with anything less than £20 notes :nana
A long wait now though till 2018. :sad:
catch22
Posts: 196
Joined: 22 Sep 2012, 21:12
Gender: Male

Re: Most / Least Tips

Post by catch22 »

rjack wrote:£560 plus wine and sweets but I share with holiday and weekly cover and if I'm on day off they still give the tips to me. I'm on a rural I think it makes a big difference to town walks.
thats really nice
they're all ignorant gits, quite happy to tell you what they got.
ewancurze
Posts: 400
Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 19:25
Gender: Male

Re: Most / Least Tips

Post by ewancurze »

None of the packet frenzy bods who I was using the "Leave with neighbour" option stumped up any tips this year,so from now on they will be using petrol and coming down to visit us at the DO clutching their 739's :chuckle
chooch
Posts: 323
Joined: 21 Jul 2010, 13:14
Gender: Male

Re: Most / Least Tips

Post by chooch »

ewancurze wrote:None of the packet frenzy bods who I was using the "Leave with neighbour" option stumped up any tips this year,so from now on they will be using petrol and coming down to visit us at the DO clutching their 739's :chuckle
P739 everytime since I've been doing packets - Had the van, transit, rammed with Amazons on edge and lotts of shrapnel and was going well with the first dozen but the floor was still chokka so at the first no-answer thought to knock-up a neighbour cos then there would be less P739ed packets floating around in the back causing confusion - Of course got told to feck-off.. 'Don't take for nobody'.. So that was the future of 'Leave with a Neighbour' nobbled.. :chuckle
iambic
Posts: 3
Joined: 28 Dec 2013, 09:40
Gender: Male

Re: Most / Least Tips

Post by iambic »

Bloke in my office got £1k a few years back. He's changed duties now but he used to deliver to one of the wealthiest areas in our city, and also used to lick customer's arses, move their bins out for collection, etc.

I got £20 this year which is my best yet. 2-3 years floating guarantees zero tips. This is the first Christmas I've been on a regular delivery.