Sciatica was killing me getting in and out of the van! Haven't had any problem since stopping driving
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Most / Least Tips
-
calsae
- Posts: 95
- Joined: 02 Jul 2013, 21:50
- Gender: Male
Re: Most / Least Tips
Why did you give it up ???[/quote]
Sciatica was killing me getting in and out of the van! Haven't had any problem since stopping driving
Sciatica was killing me getting in and out of the van! Haven't had any problem since stopping driving
-
fatmike
- Posts: 33
- Joined: 27 May 2011, 14:52
- Gender: Male
Re: Most / Least Tips
I think my worst year was when I was filling in for someone on long term sickness. £1(!) and a small box of Minature Heroes.
Doing a little better this year, unsurprsingly!
Doing a little better this year, unsurprsingly!
-
ragsie76
- Posts: 61
- Joined: 12 Aug 2010, 18:57
- Gender: Male
Re: Most / Least Tips
I got £8 and 1 box of chocs even though me and my partner on biggest round in office with lots of flats some guys on much easier rounds and had a shed load more not fair I think :(
-
Nobodyshero
- Posts: 83
- Joined: 16 Mar 2010, 13:44
- Gender: Male
Re: Most / Least Tips
£42, a bottle of whisky, a box of celebrations and a Terry's chocolate orange which the missus and daughter scoffed, fair enough I suppose I don't like them that much
-
Viewfindergeneral
- Posts: 267
- Joined: 15 Dec 2008, 12:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Most / Least Tips
I got £20 from one bloke today.
Funny thing is he's never given me a penny before and I have been delivering to him for over 5 years. It's not as if I have done him any special favours recently so I can't understand why he chose to break his tipping "duck" with such a generous amount.
There's nowt as queer as folk is there?
There's nowt as queer as folk is there?
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Most / Least Tips
He probably thinks about £4 each Christmas is appropriate but can't be bothered with anything less than £20 notesViewfindergeneral wrote:I got £20 from one bloke today.Funny thing is he's never given me a penny before and I have been delivering to him for over 5 years. It's not as if I have done him any special favours recently so I can't understand why he chose to break his tipping "duck" with such a generous amount.
There's nowt as queer as folk is there?
A long wait now though till 2018.
-
catch22
- Posts: 196
- Joined: 22 Sep 2012, 21:12
- Gender: Male
Re: Most / Least Tips
thats really nicerjack wrote:£560 plus wine and sweets but I share with holiday and weekly cover and if I'm on day off they still give the tips to me. I'm on a rural I think it makes a big difference to town walks.
they're all ignorant gits, quite happy to tell you what they got.
-
ewancurze
- Posts: 400
- Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 19:25
- Gender: Male
Re: Most / Least Tips
None of the packet frenzy bods who I was using the "Leave with neighbour" option stumped up any tips this year,so from now on they will be using petrol and coming down to visit us at the DO clutching their 739's 
-
chooch
- Posts: 323
- Joined: 21 Jul 2010, 13:14
- Gender: Male
Re: Most / Least Tips
P739 everytime since I've been doing packets - Had the van, transit, rammed with Amazons on edge and lotts of shrapnel and was going well with the first dozen but the floor was still chokka so at the first no-answer thought to knock-up a neighbour cos then there would be less P739ed packets floating around in the back causing confusion - Of course got told to feck-off.. 'Don't take for nobody'.. So that was the future of 'Leave with a Neighbour' nobbled..ewancurze wrote:None of the packet frenzy bods who I was using the "Leave with neighbour" option stumped up any tips this year,so from now on they will be using petrol and coming down to visit us at the DO clutching their 739's
-
iambic
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 28 Dec 2013, 09:40
- Gender: Male
Re: Most / Least Tips
Bloke in my office got £1k a few years back. He's changed duties now but he used to deliver to one of the wealthiest areas in our city, and also used to lick customer's arses, move their bins out for collection, etc.
I got £20 this year which is my best yet. 2-3 years floating guarantees zero tips. This is the first Christmas I've been on a regular delivery.
I got £20 this year which is my best yet. 2-3 years floating guarantees zero tips. This is the first Christmas I've been on a regular delivery.