ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

What time do i finsh on crimbo eve?..

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: What time do i finsh on crimbo eve?..

Post by OnAFlyer »

.....As early as possible. Only day of the year i'll be in early, and hopefully finished hours early as I have a long drive after before I get near a drink :Boo hoo!
borgpicard
Posts: 486
Joined: 05 May 2011, 22:45
Gender: Male

Re: What time do i finsh on crimbo eve?..

Post by borgpicard »

korky wrote:my day off :Very Happy

me too :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana
wacko74
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1572
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
Gender: Male

Re: What time do i finsh on crimbo eve?..

Post by wacko74 »

In my D.O. last Christmas eve anyone back before their time was made to do sorting.
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: What time do i finsh on crimbo eve?..

Post by OnAFlyer »

wacko74 wrote:In my D.O. last Christmas eve anyone back before their time was made to do sorting.
You mean there was a manager still there? :shock:

We were done 4hrs early and went straight home.
mailmonkey
Posts: 431
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 22:12
Gender: Male

Re: What time do i finsh on crimbo eve?..

Post by mailmonkey »

wacko74 wrote:In my D.O. last Christmas eve anyone back before their time was made to do sorting.
good grief :sad:
Pokermon
Posts: 106
Joined: 03 Nov 2011, 19:34
Gender: Male

Re: What time do i finsh on crimbo eve?..

Post by Pokermon »

wacko74 wrote:In my D.O. last Christmas eve anyone back before their time was made to do sorting.
Nazi Germany :left: :confused :wave :thumbdown :cool
wacko74
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1572
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
Gender: Male

Re: What time do i finsh on crimbo eve?..

Post by wacko74 »

Pokermon wrote:
wacko74 wrote:In my D.O. last Christmas eve anyone back before their time was made to do sorting.
Nazi Germany :left: :confused :wave :thumbdown :cool
I was actually off last xmas eve and I only found this out today, was gobsmacked when I heard.
mr hil.
Posts: 425
Joined: 19 Sep 2007, 18:22
Gender: Male

Re: What time do i finsh on crimbo eve?..

Post by mr hil. »

Last Christmas Eve our Dom brought in a shed load of bacon and eggs and took an ex chef off IPS to cook it all for us. :nana

We also finished as soon as we were able to :cool
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: What time do i finsh on crimbo eve?..

Post by Lounge Lizard »

maisymoo04 wrote:115 then off to the ale house :chuckle :dance :dance
- which will be open for at least another ten hours. :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Re: What time do i finsh on crimbo eve?..

Post by maisymoo04 »

I sure will lizard :whistle :whistle
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
Barbel
Posts: 593
Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
Gender: Male

Re: What time do i finsh on crimbo eve?..

Post by Barbel »

I don't even start, it's my day off. :nana
DICK43
Posts: 68
Joined: 21 Dec 2010, 16:58
Gender: Male

Re: What time do i finsh on crimbo eve?..

Post by DICK43 »

rhino49 wrote:
ebbzie wrote:You may get done a little earlier, should be quieter
Unfortunately it isn't likely to be quieter for the licensed trade staff who will be serving your drinks when you eventually get to the pub - or the retail staff who will be selling the last minute forgotten presents to late shoppers, if they have time after getting the boxing day sales ready. Be thankful for small mercies Dick43 - we haven't got the worst job in the world on Christmas Eve :nana

I only want to meet up for a pint!, the wife has to be at work at a supermarket for 3pm, I`ve got two small kids to keep amused until 8pm or until I can finally wear them out and get them to bed by telling them `santa won`t come if your still awake`!, small mercies, yeh, I think I`ve got it...... :sad:
postiewhite
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 619
Joined: 23 Jul 2013, 18:38
Gender: Male

Re: What time do i finsh on crimbo eve?..

Post by postiewhite »

Im on the rota for delivering bloody parcels monday and tuesday and we have to wait for the vans to be back in before we do our shift so its looking like 7pm for me. Bloody marvelous!!