ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

How many hours do you do on average a week?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Flashman_
Posts: 363
Joined: 05 Jan 2010, 00:08
Gender: Male

Re: How many hours do you do on average a week?

Post by Flashman_ »

Its against my religion to do OT for Royal Mail ever since they got picky about me claiming overtime that they thought I shouldn't have.
Richard007
Posts: 84
Joined: 09 Mar 2010, 20:34
Gender: Male

Re: How many hours do you do on average a week?

Post by Richard007 »

60 hours
Killersurfbunny
Posts: 17
Joined: 17 Oct 2011, 17:34
Gender: Male

Re: How many hours do you do on average a week?

Post by Killersurfbunny »

In 12 years I've never done any overtime at all, I still get asked now and again and they still get the hump when I decline the offer.
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: How many hours do you do on average a week?

Post by OnAFlyer »

I work a day off here and there, and make a bit of time here and there but don't work over, so all in all I'd say 39hrs a week.

I once did 96 hours in a week at Christmas though, that was fun.
freelunch
Posts: 358
Joined: 14 Oct 2012, 20:39
Gender: Male

Re: How many hours do you do on average a week?

Post by freelunch »

Flashman_ wrote:Its against my religion to do OT for Royal Mail ever since they got picky about me claiming overtime that they thought I shouldn't have.
Sadly, that seems commonplace in our office too. Many would volunteer if it wasn't such a ball-ache to get paid correctly. It's not as if Royal Mail are actually making it worth our time.
If we went to monthly pay the deliveries couldn't be covered by overtime.
"Everybody has a plan.. until they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson
dre33dd
Posts: 96
Joined: 04 Mar 2010, 19:05
Gender: Male

Re: How many hours do you do on average a week?

Post by dre33dd »

4 day week.....easily under 30 full time.....well executed revision.....
Bendy72
Posts: 55
Joined: 08 Sep 2009, 21:09
Gender: Male
Location: " Up the Boro "

Re: How many hours do you do on average a week?

Post by Bendy72 »

I think it was 39 last week , 39 this week and unless I die on the job mid-week...39 next week.
I work the hours Im paid ...no more no less.
O/T .....guess where they can shove that :left:
we love Parcels......
.....love backhealing them !!!
tasam
Posts: 202
Joined: 04 Jun 2007, 15:49

Re: How many hours do you do on average a week?

Post by tasam »

25.
No ot - 25 hours of hell is more than enough
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: How many hours do you do on average a week?

Post by OnAFlyer »

dre33dd wrote:4 day week.....easily under 30 full time.....well executed revision.....
Well done, offices that take the p*ss like that are exactly why RM know there is more to take from delivery and why they are refusing to acknowledge the issues during these talks.
hewittinspain
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 266
Joined: 20 May 2013, 21:24
Gender: Male

Re: How many hours do you do on average a week?

Post by hewittinspain »

Im contracted to 25 but I do about 34-38. I get about £300 a week from that. The more hrs I do the more they take off in tax so under 40 Im fine with that. Im not killing myself.