ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Management Speak Translation Database

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Management Speak Translation Database

Post by fishtank »

Your partner starts at 0730=Your partner starts at 0900.
The IPS is fully resourced=It's you,one handed Joe and the 12 Yorks of packets.
That van is fine to drive=That van is a f***ing deathtrap.
There's 15 Yorks on the last feed=There's 21 Yorks of stuff crushed into 15 Yorks.
That's the last feed in=Oh no it isn't.
D2D is now in workload=LOL.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
5plusbonusball
Posts: 1136
Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
Gender: Male
Location: up north of watford

Re: Management Speak Translation Database

Post by 5plusbonusball »

"work time learning" - listen to and watch propaganda
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Management Speak Translation Database

Post by dvbuk55 »

I have every sympathy with your position = feckin whinger
UnhappyGremlin
Posts: 2685
Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: Hiding

Re: Management Speak Translation Database

Post by UnhappyGremlin »

I did your job 20 years ago - I am deluded and think the job is the same as it was then. :roll:
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
pad
Posts: 49
Joined: 19 May 2007, 20:50
Location: Preston

Re: Management Speak Translation Database

Post by pad »

I don't care what your Rep says...
I don't care what your agreement says....
I don't care what you think your contract of employment even implies....
I don't care what the public may think.....
I don't care if your families waiting for you at home......

I don't care......................unless it involves paperwork that might make me look bad (then it's your fault)
I don't care......................unless my DSM/MCM/ADistM is concerned (It's definitely YOUR fault)
I don't care......................I've been to seen the CEO/Regional Director......YOU MUST OBEY (No matter how stupid the suggestion)

I don't care..........UNLESS IT AFFECTS MY BONUS!!!!! (You'd better be certain it's all YOUR fault).

JUST REMEMBER I'M A ROYAL MAIL MANAGER AND AS SOON AS I PUT ON THE SUIT/TROUSER SUIT I BECAME MORE INFALLIBLE THAN THE POPE AND COULD NEVER,EVER DO ANYTHING WRONG, AND ANY PITFUL INDIVIDUAL WHO SUGGESTS OTHERWISE IS DAMNED (and not in the good way)

It would help if you could enter the Unit in a submissive manner like the peasants you are............


WHAT DO YOU MEAN........Of Course we can lapse all the duties in the Office, don't you believe in the magic pixies? YOU ARE ALL EXPENDABLE (except the managers of course)
UnhappyGremlin
Posts: 2685
Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: Hiding

Re: Management Speak Translation Database

Post by UnhappyGremlin »

Well, the customer says you didn't knock - You probably did, but I don't like you and want to conduct you.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Management Speak Translation Database

Post by arnold cheshire »

fishtank wrote:Your partner starts at 0730=Your partner starts at 0900.
The IPS is fully resourced=It's you,one handed Joe and the 12 Yorks of packets.
That van is fine to drive=That van is a f***ing deathtrap.
There's 15 Yorks on the last feed=There's 21 Yorks of stuff crushed into 15 Yorks.
That's the last feed in=Oh no it isn't.
D2D is now in workload=LOL.
when has a manager ever said d2d is in workload ? :left:
Toby Tyke
Posts: 97
Joined: 21 Mar 2008, 14:06

Re: Management Speak Translation Database

Post by Toby Tyke »

"You have got to take it. We have not got anyone else"
Meaning "if you don't take it I will have to do it" :left: :left: :left:
bandit1157
Posts: 246
Joined: 20 Aug 2009, 00:51
Gender: Male
Location: sh1t street

Re: Management Speak Translation Database

Post by bandit1157 »

I never said that = Oh crap they remembered
It's life Jim but not as we know it
adamanti
Posts: 148
Joined: 13 Jan 2012, 14:45
Gender: Male

Re: Management Speak Translation Database

Post by adamanti »

Your the worst , clueless ,f%^ing idiot postmen i've ever known = Your defo management potential, on the acting next week!
freelunch
Posts: 358
Joined: 14 Oct 2012, 20:39
Gender: Male

Re: Management Speak Translation Database

Post by freelunch »

"If you got time to stand there whinging about going over your time - you got time to stand in the dole queue" = I don't give a sh1t, Fek off and get on with working into your own time again this afternoon.
"Everybody has a plan.. until they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson
macetheace
Posts: 58
Joined: 24 Jun 2010, 21:51
Gender: Male

Re: Management Speak Translation Database

Post by macetheace »

i`m off to a dom`s meeting..............feck you lot its 9,am and the wife wants to go shopping
wabbithunta
Posts: 872
Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 18:39
Gender: Male
Location: On Planet Earth... Unlike the people who run RM!

Re: Management Speak Translation Database

Post by wabbithunta »

Q: Can you please do that walk on o/t when you have completed yours?
A: No, I am very sorry to say that I just do not have the time to assist you in your aim of clearing the office of all mail, as I am very busy completing my own delivery in the allotted time span given for mine [aka "I don't give a toss about your problems, 'cos you don't care about mine!"]

Management Translation: F*** that walk is going to fail.
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"