ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Management Speak Translation Database

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
WornOutPosty
Posts: 158
Joined: 01 Oct 2012, 20:07
Gender: Male

Re: Management Speak Translating Database

Post by WornOutPosty »

"I won't lie to you" = the next load of bollox that comes outta my gob is completely made up.
Pat Ostman
Posts: 2797
Joined: 17 Sep 2008, 21:53
Gender: Male
Location: In the Line Managers office being screwed over.

Re: Management Speak Translating Database

Post by Pat Ostman »

"It's actually a nice walk this one" - Often muttered by a Line Manager as he ushes a new reserve to the worst delivery in the office.
Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun.
And when at last the work is done. Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one
bandit1157
Posts: 246
Joined: 20 Aug 2009, 00:51
Gender: Male
Location: sh1t street

Re: Management Speak Translating Database

Post by bandit1157 »

This one is real I'm afraid
Manager to driver "if you start 30mins later because you'll be finishing 30mins later you will have an extra 30mins to deliver packets" = I'm making this up as I go along, hope he doesn't notice.
It's life Jim but not as we know it
freelunch
Posts: 358
Joined: 14 Oct 2012, 20:39
Gender: Male

Re: Management Speak Translating Database

Post by freelunch »

"Let me introduce you to your new P&L driver, our second-best postie in the office" - This is the guy no-one else will work with. The lazy van-sitting tw@t that is going to make your life so much harder.
"Everybody has a plan.. until they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson
Tanker007
Posts: 28
Joined: 15 Jun 2013, 17:11
Gender: Male

Re: Management Speak Translating Database

Post by Tanker007 »

The holiday list will be going up in the next few days!... Yer!.. right!
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Re: Management Speak Translating Database

Post by DB1100 »

I'm just phoning to see if you are ok= I'm watching you,you lazy bastard.
For we were soldiers once,and young
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Management Speak Translating Database

Post by dvbuk55 »

I tried really hard to get someone to cover nobody wanted to work o/t = I asked the cleaner to do the delivery on her way home but she wouldn't
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Management Speak Translating Database

Post by fishtank »

I'm under pressure=I told the wife I'd be home by 10am to pick her mother up from the train station,she'll kill me if i'm late.

I'm going out to do part of a delivery=I'm taking my own mail home.

We're all in this together=You're in it up to your necks,I might have a bit on my left shoe.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
UnhappyGremlin
Posts: 2685
Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: Hiding

Re: Management Speak Translating Database

Post by UnhappyGremlin »

"I'll look into that and let you know" - I couldn't be less interested and have forgotten about this before ending the sentence.

"There's no room in the AL schedule for you to take leave then" - My pet wants that week off.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
bandit1157
Posts: 246
Joined: 20 Aug 2009, 00:51
Gender: Male
Location: sh1t street

Re: Management Speak Translation Database

Post by bandit1157 »

There's a vacancy at a nearby office, really good walk = You're a sh1t stirrer and I want rid of you.
It's life Jim but not as we know it
Sidley
Posts: 653
Joined: 16 Jun 2012, 22:01
Gender: Male

Re: Management Speak Translation Database

Post by Sidley »

Yes - no
Probably - no
Possibly - no
Opportunity - problem
Problem - your problem
No - never ever will there be the slightest hint of a possibility of the briefest glimmer of a chance
Flexibility - the opportunity to swap 30 minutes of walking the streets for coming in later to 30 minutes worth of prep not having been done. Or nebulous term for whatever gets them out of the s**t for minimum outlay.
Resourcing - spreading the butter as thin as inhumanly possible
Give and take - guess who's giving?
The bigger picture - my bonus
5plusbonusball
Posts: 1136
Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
Gender: Male
Location: up north of watford

Re: Management Speak Translation Database

Post by 5plusbonusball »

"Traffics down" - busy as hell as normal!
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
mailmonkey
Posts: 431
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 22:12
Gender: Male

Re: Management Speak Translation Database

Post by mailmonkey »

"yeah this walk's a piece of piss, just follow your nose" = 'I know you've never done this walk and don't know the area, and I know we don't have any laminated maps for people new to the walk, and I haven't got a clue what any of the walks are like cos these coffees won't drink themselves, so do one yeah.'
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Management Speak Translation Database

Post by dvbuk55 »

Seriously? = seriously I couldn't give a crap
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Re: Management Speak Translation Database

Post by DB1100 »

I will get someone to throw your round in while you do the missort run=you will be busy when you get back.
For we were soldiers once,and young