thats incorrect, comms use the mobile networks, GPRS to send and recieve the data, the GPS system is still active when comms are suspended, reason being, GPS does not send any signals, it only receives them from the GPS satellite networkRalph Wiggum wrote:If you suspend coms at place a, then drive to place b and scan an item still with coms suspend, then drive back to place a, reconnect coms, the pda will never even know you have been to place b as all coms (including the tracking device) have NOT been active.zx135 wrote:no point in this, as the pda only records your location when your scanning an item anyway, items still get scanned and location recorded even with comms suspended, when comms are reconnected to download the items the locations where you scanned the items are sent then, just means dom needs to wait till comms are reconnected to find out where and when you were scanning thingslala wrote:Exactly what I was thinking :) Although I am more reconnect comms about 6 times a day as the stupid things are always offline. That's if the screen isn't frozen, battery low, or anything other number of problems we get with them!HeilMoya wrote:Options > Comms > Suspend Comms
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
PDA Question
-
IcanthelpthewayIam
- Posts: 4067
- Joined: 26 May 2009, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: PDA Question
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: PDA Question
Which is why the SatNav works with the comms suspended.zx135 wrote:thats incorrect, comms use the mobile networks, GPRS to send and recieve the data, the GPS system is still active when comms are suspended, reason being, GPS does not send any signals, it only receives them from the GPS satellite network
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: PDA Question
No wonder the frigging thing is dead at the end off the day 2% battery after 4 hours or so!fishtank wrote:Which is why the SatNav works with the comms suspended.zx135 wrote:thats incorrect, comms use the mobile networks, GPRS to send and recieve the data, the GPS system is still active when comms are suspended, reason being, GPS does not send any signals, it only receives them from the GPS satellite network
-
BingBong
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 755
- Joined: 12 May 2011, 12:36
- Gender: Female
- Location: the north
-
Barbel
- Posts: 593
- Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
- Gender: Male
Re: PDA Question
Does anyone know what PDA stands for? Everyone I've asked so far doesn't have a clue..I'm betting on Personal Delivery Assistant?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72767
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: PDA Question
Barbel wrote:Does anyone know what PDA stands for? Everyone I've asked so far doesn't have a clue..I'm betting on Personal Delivery Assistant?
Nearly
P is Postal
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Barbel
- Posts: 593
- Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
- Gender: Male
Re: PDA Question
Thank you!TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Barbel wrote:Does anyone know what PDA stands for? Everyone I've asked so far doesn't have a clue..I'm betting on Personal Delivery Assistant?
Nearly
P is Postal
-
postypie
- Posts: 435
- Joined: 18 Mar 2012, 19:37
- Gender: Male
Re: PDA Question
lala wrote:So back to the original point, what is the point in taking a PDA if there are no tracked/recorded/specials? If they can only track when a scan is made, why have 1 with you?
Could I send it out as an overweight with the driver?
-
Fishyfingers
- Posts: 162
- Joined: 05 Jan 2007, 22:04
- Location: Highland
Re: PDA Question
Can you turn the sound off on a PDA?getting annoyed as mine keeps beeping all the time.