ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Royal Mail's New Advert?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Royal Mail's New Advert?

Post by dvbuk55 »

WHITEANT wrote:Well whoever made that don't keep upto the WCM ,half of the posties wernt wearing HI VIZ NAUGHTY NAUGHTY po :cuppa
I'm earmarked for the next generation advert...........do you think I'll have to wear a high vis with a mankini, tbh I'm a bit worried in case the orange clashes with the fluorescent green :hmmmm
PhilthyPhil
Posts: 1155
Joined: 23 Nov 2007, 19:15

Re: Royal Mail's New Advert?

Post by PhilthyPhil »

WHITEANT wrote:Well whoever made that don't keep upto the WCM ,half of the posties wernt wearing HI VIZ NAUGHTY NAUGHTY po :cuppa
You don't need to wear hiviz if you are on foot delivery.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Royal Mail's New Advert?

Post by fishtank »

A special Christmas version of the advert, which despite the snowy scenes was filmed on location in the UK in July, will air later this month.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Royal Mail's New Advert?

Post by dvbuk55 »

fishtank wrote:
A special Christmas version of the advert, which despite the snowy scenes was filmed on location in the UK in July, will air later this month.
I know I was freezing, well I had to pretend I'd shrunk. :whistle
simonprice
Posts: 4
Joined: 14 Aug 2013, 16:09
Gender: Male

Re: Royal Mail's New Advert?

Post by simonprice »

Shocking example of the day to day H&S we're subjected to. We can't even leave the building without a Hi-viz on!

Plus, just how much did it cost them to use that Beatles composition? Mad Men found out for a couple of thousand dollars...
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ ... g-20120508
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: Royal Mail's New Advert?

Post by Dorset Plodder »

That's your Dividends their spending there....You Carpet Baggers! Get in there and have a whinge. :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Re: Royal Mail's New Advert?

Post by DB1100 »

PhilthyPhil wrote:
WHITEANT wrote:Well whoever made that don't keep upto the WCM ,half of the posties wernt wearing HI VIZ NAUGHTY NAUGHTY po :cuppa
You don't need to wear hiviz if you are on foot delivery.
Nice one Phil,I have been saying this for ages and people still think they have to wear them.
For we were soldiers once,and young
postypie
Posts: 435
Joined: 18 Mar 2012, 19:37
Gender: Male

Re: Royal Mail's New Advert?

Post by postypie »

All we need is love is built on a foundation of mistrust and bullying by managers, ever increasing delivery spans and workloads....I actually think the add is taking the pi.ss...and as soon as it comes on I change channel...oh how I would like to change the management of this once great company who put customers and staff first...now it is all about how the company 'loves' profit....
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

We Love Parcels - Our Christmas TV advert

Post by fishtank »

The Christmas version.Image

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bk1Cnb9Mz50" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: We Love Parcels - Our Christmas TV advert

Post by dvbuk55 »

fishtank wrote:The Christmas version.Image

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bk1Cnb9Mz50" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Not quite the full version the bit where a large box is delivered to a retirement home and out I pop in the fluorescent green mankini.......... the old 'uns can't believe their luck :angel