ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

worried

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: worried

Post by fishtank »

chrisj wrote:it is obvious they have tended to protect the interest of the old timers and full time staff - their mates and perhaps contemporaries...
Explain how?
And please don't just say pro-rata unless you really know what pro-rata means.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
Mike1
Posts: 21
Joined: 17 Oct 2013, 05:43
Gender: Male

Re: worried

Post by Mike1 »

aiden01 wrote:
Mike1 wrote:I'm P/T and only been with RM 10 months, so the strike isn't anything to do with me. I work in a small DO and the strike hasn't been mentioned at all and most aren't even in the union. I guess it will be pretty much business as usual for us on Monday.

I've heard a few stories from the old timers saying what a great job it once was...but this is 2013. It's time to get real...being a postie is an unskilled job and there will be plenty of other people willing to take your place at a lower wage.
with that attitude mike1 hope you don't get another 10 months in this job.
Oh please explain?

I get on well with everyone at my DO, I don't take any crap from my manager and I work hard.

Did you opt out of the free shares?
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Re: worried

Post by aiden01 »

chrisj wrote:I think the Union will struggle to get much support from the PT section: they have not listened and it is obvious they have tended to protect the interest of the old timers and full time staff - their mates and perhaps contemporaries...

I know some people will say that the Union have done this and done that for part-timers and contract staff... Perhaps, but not at the same level or with the same vigour as the put into getting everything pro-rata and creating a work place that is discriminatory and one that can be unfair for part-timers especially in delivery.

Why would he not get another 10 months when he probably works well and appreciate that he has a job? Working in a small office, you will probably find out that he might even be made up sooner than later. Typical!
whats typical just don't like strike breakers rem we are all fighting for our jobs. have not and never will break a STRIKE.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Re: worried

Post by aiden01 »

Mike1 wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
Mike1 wrote:I'm P/T and only been with RM 10 months, so the strike isn't anything to do with me. I work in a small DO and the strike hasn't been mentioned at all and most aren't even in the union. I guess it will be pretty much business as usual for us on Monday.

I've heard a few stories from the old timers saying what a great job it once was...but this is 2013. It's time to get real...being a postie is an unskilled job and there will be plenty of other people willing to take your place at a lower wage.
with that attitude mike1 hope you don't get another 10 months in this job.
Oh please explain?

I get on well with everyone at my DO, I don't take any crap from my manager and I work hard.

Did you opt out of the free shares?
WHY WOULD I THEY ARE FREE AND PROBABLY NOT WORTH MUCH BY THE TIME I CAN SELL THEM.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: worried

Post by fishtank »

cloherty1976 wrote:It sounds to me that she is offering the £300 now if it's removed from the pay deal. It's simple work and get £300, don't work and don't get £300.
That would most likely end with 100.000 Employment Tribunals cloherty.
Can you imagine if for example my mate the manager schedules my day off to be monday and I scoop £300 large ones and he schedules Frank who he hates off on tuesday and he gets f**k all.
That won't fly cloherty and you know it,the employment lawyers would smell blood and bleed RM for millions.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
chrisj
Posts: 1883
Joined: 21 Dec 2010, 16:24
Gender: Male

Re: worried

Post by chrisj »

Exactly what is the logic of last to join will be the first to go. How does that work?

If the doom-mongers are right (I dont think they are), the employer will tear up our contract and employ people at minimum wage.

So who will they really want to get rid off? And do you really think someone who is happy to work for 24 hours and hardly any pension is going to be that bothered.

I do really wonder how people survive on 24 hours rolling contracts? I think they are better place to deal with the real world that someone who has worked for donkey years and consider RM as a way of life.

Even the very much older one are not that bothered anymore. They are simply looking forward to retirement and taking the shares (and to think the shares did not mean much at the start)
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: worried

Post by fishtank »

chrisj wrote:Exactly what is the logic of last to join will be the first to go. How does that work?
Like this...
If they make me redundant it costs them about £40k,If they make mike redundant it costs them f**k all.
You do the maths. :cuppa
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
chrisj
Posts: 1883
Joined: 21 Dec 2010, 16:24
Gender: Male

Re: worried

Post by chrisj »

Retraction: the information about the £300 bribe is not as prominent as it had been...

However, just because the £300 was not mentioned in the latest particular bulletin does not mean it has been withdrawn.

Why would they want to put something that is inflammatory in a missive that is urging dialogue. they probably would not want to have to pay the amount because I am not sure what precedent that will set or how legal that is.

Nonetheless, a whole load of people still think it is being paid - job done for RM.
Last edited by chrisj on 29 Oct 2013, 21:51, edited 1 time in total.
Mike1
Posts: 21
Joined: 17 Oct 2013, 05:43
Gender: Male

Re: worried

Post by Mike1 »

Did you opt out of the free shares?[/quote]
WHY WOULD I THEY ARE FREE AND PROBABLY NOT WORTH MUCH BY THE TIME I CAN SELL THEM.[/quote]

LOL, that pretty much sums you up. If you don't know what I'm getting at then don't bother replying.

Enjoy your Monday off.
cloherty1976
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 1236
Joined: 11 Mar 2010, 12:16
Gender: Male
Location: The south

Re: worried

Post by cloherty1976 »

chrisj wrote:
Even the very much older one are not that bothered anymore. They are simply looking forward to retirement and taking the shares (and to think the shares did not mean much at the start)
They think it's a great offer and if they have there pension already which a lot have taken it at 55 due to the problems with pension saga over the last 5 years. They don't care about the newbies starting nowadays. They have seen the changes and are just making the most of it as the job has changed so much especially when you have done 30 years plus..
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Re: worried

Post by aiden01 »

chrisj wrote:Retraction: the information about the £300 bribe is not as prominent as it had been...

However, just because the £300 was not mentioned in the latest particular bulletin does not mean it has been withdrawn.

Why would they want to put something that is inflammatory in a missive that is urging dialogue. they probably would not want to have to pay the amount because I am not sure what precedent that will set or how legal that is.

Nonetheless, a whole load of people still think it is being paid - job done for RM.
SO MY DAY OFF IS MONDAY WILL I GET 3OO QUID.
cloherty1976
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 1236
Joined: 11 Mar 2010, 12:16
Gender: Male
Location: The south

Re: worried

Post by cloherty1976 »

aiden01 wrote:
chrisj wrote:Retraction: the information about the £300 bribe is not as prominent as it had been...

However, just because the £300 was not mentioned in the latest particular bulletin does not mean it has been withdrawn.

Why would they want to put something that is inflammatory in a missive that is urging dialogue. they probably would not want to have to pay the amount because I am not sure what precedent that will set or how legal that is.

Nonetheless, a whole load of people still think it is being paid - job done for RM.
SO MY DAY OFF IS MONDAY WILL I GET 3OO QUID.
Of course you will
chrisj
Posts: 1883
Joined: 21 Dec 2010, 16:24
Gender: Male

Re: worried

Post by chrisj »

How do I know? It depends on what agreement is reached by Friday. And we are going on strike without any agreement, then you will be getting the £300 bribe whether you like it or not.

RM will have to explicitly retract that offer otherwise they will have egg on their face.

* You can donate some of your £300 bonus to colleagues that will be losing pay and the said bonus (or non-bonus).

Anyway, just because you disagree with someone should not mean you wish them bad - it is not on! I have read here people wishing someone break an ankle and so on...Caliing them names should be enough, IMHO.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: worried

Post by fishtank »

chrisj wrote:Why would they want to put something that is inflammatory in a missive that is urging dialogue.
Like this one dated 2 weeks ago?
This one was called Vital to reach agreement 16/10/2013 and it had it in it.

https://www.myroyalmail.com/sites/defau ... 2013_0.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
GROUND-BREAKING OFFER

» A highly competitive pay offer worth 8.6% over three years, plus a £300 lump sum in year one, subject to certain conditions.
This has now changed to...Committed to reaching agreement 28/10/2013.

https://www.myroyalmail.com/sites/defau ... 0final.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ground-breaking offer

• The offer includes an 8.6% increase in pay, allowances and overtime payments, over
three years.
And it quite clearly has something missing.... :whistle
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Re: worried

Post by aiden01 »

cloherty1976 wrote:
aiden01 wrote:
chrisj wrote:Retraction: the information about the £300 bribe is not as prominent as it had been...

However, just because the £300 was not mentioned in the latest particular bulletin does not mean it has been withdrawn.

Why would they want to put something that is inflammatory in a missive that is urging dialogue. they probably would not want to have to pay the amount because I am not sure what precedent that will set or how legal that is.

Nonetheless, a whole load of people still think it is being paid - job done for RM.
SO MY DAY OFF IS MONDAY WILL I GET 3OO QUID.
Of course you will
HA HA DONT THINK SO MOST MC WORKERS WORK TUES TO SAT ARE THEY GOING TO PAY EVERYONE WHO HAS MON OFF THAT INCLUDES PPL IN DEL WHO,S ROTATING DAY OFF IS MON.