Explain how?chrisj wrote:it is obvious they have tended to protect the interest of the old timers and full time staff - their mates and perhaps contemporaries...
And please don't just say pro-rata unless you really know what pro-rata means.
Explain how?chrisj wrote:it is obvious they have tended to protect the interest of the old timers and full time staff - their mates and perhaps contemporaries...
Oh please explain?aiden01 wrote:with that attitude mike1 hope you don't get another 10 months in this job.Mike1 wrote:I'm P/T and only been with RM 10 months, so the strike isn't anything to do with me. I work in a small DO and the strike hasn't been mentioned at all and most aren't even in the union. I guess it will be pretty much business as usual for us on Monday.
I've heard a few stories from the old timers saying what a great job it once was...but this is 2013. It's time to get real...being a postie is an unskilled job and there will be plenty of other people willing to take your place at a lower wage.
whats typical just don't like strike breakers rem we are all fighting for our jobs. have not and never will break a STRIKE.chrisj wrote:I think the Union will struggle to get much support from the PT section: they have not listened and it is obvious they have tended to protect the interest of the old timers and full time staff - their mates and perhaps contemporaries...
I know some people will say that the Union have done this and done that for part-timers and contract staff... Perhaps, but not at the same level or with the same vigour as the put into getting everything pro-rata and creating a work place that is discriminatory and one that can be unfair for part-timers especially in delivery.
Why would he not get another 10 months when he probably works well and appreciate that he has a job? Working in a small office, you will probably find out that he might even be made up sooner than later. Typical!
WHY WOULD I THEY ARE FREE AND PROBABLY NOT WORTH MUCH BY THE TIME I CAN SELL THEM.Mike1 wrote:Oh please explain?aiden01 wrote:with that attitude mike1 hope you don't get another 10 months in this job.Mike1 wrote:I'm P/T and only been with RM 10 months, so the strike isn't anything to do with me. I work in a small DO and the strike hasn't been mentioned at all and most aren't even in the union. I guess it will be pretty much business as usual for us on Monday.
I've heard a few stories from the old timers saying what a great job it once was...but this is 2013. It's time to get real...being a postie is an unskilled job and there will be plenty of other people willing to take your place at a lower wage.
I get on well with everyone at my DO, I don't take any crap from my manager and I work hard.
Did you opt out of the free shares?
That would most likely end with 100.000 Employment Tribunals cloherty.cloherty1976 wrote:It sounds to me that she is offering the £300 now if it's removed from the pay deal. It's simple work and get £300, don't work and don't get £300.
Like this...chrisj wrote:Exactly what is the logic of last to join will be the first to go. How does that work?
They think it's a great offer and if they have there pension already which a lot have taken it at 55 due to the problems with pension saga over the last 5 years. They don't care about the newbies starting nowadays. They have seen the changes and are just making the most of it as the job has changed so much especially when you have done 30 years plus..chrisj wrote:
Even the very much older one are not that bothered anymore. They are simply looking forward to retirement and taking the shares (and to think the shares did not mean much at the start)
SO MY DAY OFF IS MONDAY WILL I GET 3OO QUID.chrisj wrote:Retraction: the information about the £300 bribe is not as prominent as it had been...
However, just because the £300 was not mentioned in the latest particular bulletin does not mean it has been withdrawn.
Why would they want to put something that is inflammatory in a missive that is urging dialogue. they probably would not want to have to pay the amount because I am not sure what precedent that will set or how legal that is.
Nonetheless, a whole load of people still think it is being paid - job done for RM.
Of course you willaiden01 wrote:SO MY DAY OFF IS MONDAY WILL I GET 3OO QUID.chrisj wrote:Retraction: the information about the £300 bribe is not as prominent as it had been...
However, just because the £300 was not mentioned in the latest particular bulletin does not mean it has been withdrawn.
Why would they want to put something that is inflammatory in a missive that is urging dialogue. they probably would not want to have to pay the amount because I am not sure what precedent that will set or how legal that is.
Nonetheless, a whole load of people still think it is being paid - job done for RM.
Like this one dated 2 weeks ago?chrisj wrote:Why would they want to put something that is inflammatory in a missive that is urging dialogue.
This has now changed to...Committed to reaching agreement 28/10/2013.GROUND-BREAKING OFFER
» A highly competitive pay offer worth 8.6% over three years, plus a £300 lump sum in year one, subject to certain conditions.
And it quite clearly has something missing....Ground-breaking offer
• The offer includes an 8.6% increase in pay, allowances and overtime payments, over
three years.
HA HA DONT THINK SO MOST MC WORKERS WORK TUES TO SAT ARE THEY GOING TO PAY EVERYONE WHO HAS MON OFF THAT INCLUDES PPL IN DEL WHO,S ROTATING DAY OFF IS MON.cloherty1976 wrote:Of course you willaiden01 wrote:SO MY DAY OFF IS MONDAY WILL I GET 3OO QUID.chrisj wrote:Retraction: the information about the £300 bribe is not as prominent as it had been...
However, just because the £300 was not mentioned in the latest particular bulletin does not mean it has been withdrawn.
Why would they want to put something that is inflammatory in a missive that is urging dialogue. they probably would not want to have to pay the amount because I am not sure what precedent that will set or how legal that is.
Nonetheless, a whole load of people still think it is being paid - job done for RM.