ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

strike breakers - Post strike?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
martin the green
Posts: 157
Joined: 20 Jan 2012, 16:20
Gender: Male

Re: strike breakers - Post strike?

Post by martin the green »

nothing to do with silent treatment, just freedom of speech, if you do not like someone you do not have to speak to them.
martin the green
Posts: 157
Joined: 20 Jan 2012, 16:20
Gender: Male

Re: strike breakers - Post strike?

Post by martin the green »

usher9 you may think you cannot afford to take a day off but!!! what will happen when and I mean when your pay and conditions get worse or you lose your job how will you feel then.
We all need to stick together for the long term gain and not the short.
your conscience your choice but who will help you when you need help and be sure you will need help because we all do :hmmmm :hmmmm :hmmmm
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: strike breakers - Post strike?

Post by dvbuk55 »

martin the green wrote:nothing to do with silent treatment, just freedom of speech, if you do not like someone you do not have to speak to them.
Except of course in the course of normal daily work necessities. Someone earlier said that we aren't in the 70s anymore and we no longer have closed shops. People are no longer dominated by the union collective and decide for themselves if the stoppage is worth while. It is perhaps easier to follow the herd and strike than take a stance, for whatever reason, not to strike. It will make no difference to me whether they strike or not, I will be because I believe that it is the right thing to do, in fact it is the only thing to do but others will be of a different persuasion.

When I was a young lad in primary school 60 years ago it was considered a sin to speak to a protestant, to marry a protestant and to enter a church of England place of worship, time obviously heals and so it is with strike breakers.
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: strike breakers - Post strike?

Post by krussel »

usher9 wrote:yeah i been out for the last 2 strikes we have done
Well this one is the most important ever. If we lose a footing on this dispute then its all going to be over pretty quick. :sad:

Cant you grab a little bit of overtime here and there to make up for the days pay ?

Oh and welcome to the forum usher9 :wave
Last edited by krussel on 28 Oct 2013, 14:47, edited 1 time in total.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
Iain25
Posts: 33
Joined: 17 Sep 2007, 09:27

Re: strike breakers - Post strike?

Post by Iain25 »

To "usher9", nobody wants to strike. And many of us can't afford it either.
But next Monday do the right thing and stand strong with your colleagues on the picket line.
United we are strong, divided we are weak.
I'd happily go skint for a month or so, I'd never sell out on my mates/colleagues.
Also don't bow down to that nasty Moya Greene and her merry army of "managers", can you tell how much I hate them?
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Re: strike breakers - Post strike?

Post by DB1100 »

dvbuk55 wrote:
martin the green wrote:nothing to do with silent treatment, just freedom of speech, if you do not like someone you do not have to speak to them.
Except of course in the course of normal daily work necessities. Someone earlier said that we aren't in the 70s anymore and we no longer have closed shops. People are no longer dominated by the union collective and decide for themselves if the stoppage is worth while. It is perhaps easier to follow the herd and strike than take a stance, for whatever reason, not to strike. It will make no difference to me whether they strike or not, I will be because I believe that it is the right thing to do, in fact it is the only thing to do but others will be of a different persuasion.

When I was a young lad in primary school 60 years ago it was considered a sin to speak to a protestant, to marry a protestant and to enter a church of England place of worship, time obviously heals and so it is with strike breakers.
Not all the time dvbuk55,up till his dying day my dad wouldn't buy anything japanese,and a lot of the old uns left from the 2nd world war still won't.Some things are just too much to forget or forgive.
For we were soldiers once,and young
thevardinator
Posts: 165
Joined: 12 Apr 2010, 16:21
Gender: Male

Re: strike breakers - Post strike?

Post by thevardinator »

There are enough in my office I dislike as it is, any of them scabbing will just make me dislike them even more. No time for them whatsoever. :so there
STAND TOGETHER IN THE FIGHT.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: strike breakers - Post strike?

Post by arnold cheshire »

martin the green wrote:usher9 you may think you cannot afford to take a day off but!!! what will happen when and I mean when your pay and conditions get worse or you lose your job how will you feel then.
We all need to stick together for the long term gain and not the short.
your conscience your choice but who will help you when you need help and be sure you will need help because we all do :hmmmm :hmmmm :hmmmm
wasnt the union accepting unlimited (6) door to door supposed to save your job
NWpostie
Posts: 3622
Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
Gender: Male
Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9

Re: strike breakers - Post strike?

Post by NWpostie »

It will be funny if they come back expecting the £300 to be paid to those who worked through the strike :left:

Some were worried about not getting the money if they strike, they forgotten how we have been messed round with the transformation payments, imagine the the strike breakers complaining about not getting paid and actually going to the Rep to complain about it, since they have put themselves outside the Union by their actions, I can imagine the response F O comes to mind :chuckle
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
royalmailslave
Posts: 126
Joined: 20 Sep 2010, 17:09
Gender: Male

Re: strike breakers - Post strike?

Post by royalmailslave »

At the end of the day people cannot afford to strike...I always said if I found myself in an unfortunate situation on a strike where I was literally skint and NEEDED to work to feed kids/mortgage to then I would go in....I have never crossed the line or intend on doing but in certain situations I'd consider it.....I treat people no differently if they cross as I know each and everyone's situation is different....I owe no allegiance to anybody in my workplace and certainly don't have to answer to colleagues in said situation
NWpostie
Posts: 3622
Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
Gender: Male
Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9

Re: strike breakers - Post strike?

Post by NWpostie »

royalmailslave wrote:At the end of the day people cannot afford to strike...I always said if I found myself in an unfortunate situation on a strike where I was literally skint and NEEDED to work to feed kids/mortgage to then I would go in....I have never crossed the line or intend on doing but in certain situations I'd consider it.....I treat people no differently if they cross as I know each and everyone's situation is different....I owe no allegiance to anybody in my workplace and certainly don't have to answer to colleagues in said situation
It's a choice you will have to be prepared to live with, for years if neccessary, there are cases of people being ignored long after the original strikes.
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.