ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
strike breakers - Post strike?
-
martin the green
- Posts: 157
- Joined: 20 Jan 2012, 16:20
- Gender: Male
Re: strike breakers - Post strike?
nothing to do with silent treatment, just freedom of speech, if you do not like someone you do not have to speak to them.
-
martin the green
- Posts: 157
- Joined: 20 Jan 2012, 16:20
- Gender: Male
Re: strike breakers - Post strike?
usher9 you may think you cannot afford to take a day off but!!! what will happen when and I mean when your pay and conditions get worse or you lose your job how will you feel then.
We all need to stick together for the long term gain and not the short.
your conscience your choice but who will help you when you need help and be sure you will need help because we all do

We all need to stick together for the long term gain and not the short.
your conscience your choice but who will help you when you need help and be sure you will need help because we all do
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: strike breakers - Post strike?
Except of course in the course of normal daily work necessities. Someone earlier said that we aren't in the 70s anymore and we no longer have closed shops. People are no longer dominated by the union collective and decide for themselves if the stoppage is worth while. It is perhaps easier to follow the herd and strike than take a stance, for whatever reason, not to strike. It will make no difference to me whether they strike or not, I will be because I believe that it is the right thing to do, in fact it is the only thing to do but others will be of a different persuasion.martin the green wrote:nothing to do with silent treatment, just freedom of speech, if you do not like someone you do not have to speak to them.
When I was a young lad in primary school 60 years ago it was considered a sin to speak to a protestant, to marry a protestant and to enter a church of England place of worship, time obviously heals and so it is with strike breakers.
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: strike breakers - Post strike?
Well this one is the most important ever. If we lose a footing on this dispute then its all going to be over pretty quick.usher9 wrote:yeah i been out for the last 2 strikes we have done
Cant you grab a little bit of overtime here and there to make up for the days pay ?
Oh and welcome to the forum usher9
Last edited by krussel on 28 Oct 2013, 14:47, edited 1 time in total.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
Iain25
- Posts: 33
- Joined: 17 Sep 2007, 09:27
Re: strike breakers - Post strike?
To "usher9", nobody wants to strike. And many of us can't afford it either.
But next Monday do the right thing and stand strong with your colleagues on the picket line.
United we are strong, divided we are weak.
I'd happily go skint for a month or so, I'd never sell out on my mates/colleagues.
Also don't bow down to that nasty Moya Greene and her merry army of "managers", can you tell how much I hate them?
But next Monday do the right thing and stand strong with your colleagues on the picket line.
United we are strong, divided we are weak.
I'd happily go skint for a month or so, I'd never sell out on my mates/colleagues.
Also don't bow down to that nasty Moya Greene and her merry army of "managers", can you tell how much I hate them?
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: strike breakers - Post strike?
Not all the time dvbuk55,up till his dying day my dad wouldn't buy anything japanese,and a lot of the old uns left from the 2nd world war still won't.Some things are just too much to forget or forgive.dvbuk55 wrote:Except of course in the course of normal daily work necessities. Someone earlier said that we aren't in the 70s anymore and we no longer have closed shops. People are no longer dominated by the union collective and decide for themselves if the stoppage is worth while. It is perhaps easier to follow the herd and strike than take a stance, for whatever reason, not to strike. It will make no difference to me whether they strike or not, I will be because I believe that it is the right thing to do, in fact it is the only thing to do but others will be of a different persuasion.martin the green wrote:nothing to do with silent treatment, just freedom of speech, if you do not like someone you do not have to speak to them.
When I was a young lad in primary school 60 years ago it was considered a sin to speak to a protestant, to marry a protestant and to enter a church of England place of worship, time obviously heals and so it is with strike breakers.
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
thevardinator
- Posts: 165
- Joined: 12 Apr 2010, 16:21
- Gender: Male
Re: strike breakers - Post strike?
There are enough in my office I dislike as it is, any of them scabbing will just make me dislike them even more. No time for them whatsoever. 
STAND TOGETHER IN THE FIGHT.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: strike breakers - Post strike?
wasnt the union accepting unlimited (6) door to door supposed to save your jobmartin the green wrote:usher9 you may think you cannot afford to take a day off but!!! what will happen when and I mean when your pay and conditions get worse or you lose your job how will you feel then.
We all need to stick together for the long term gain and not the short.
your conscience your choice but who will help you when you need help and be sure you will need help because we all do![]()
![]()
-
NWpostie
- Posts: 3622
- Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9
Re: strike breakers - Post strike?
It will be funny if they come back expecting the £300 to be paid to those who worked through the strike
Some were worried about not getting the money if they strike, they forgotten how we have been messed round with the transformation payments, imagine the the strike breakers complaining about not getting paid and actually going to the Rep to complain about it, since they have put themselves outside the Union by their actions, I can imagine the response F O comes to mind
Some were worried about not getting the money if they strike, they forgotten how we have been messed round with the transformation payments, imagine the the strike breakers complaining about not getting paid and actually going to the Rep to complain about it, since they have put themselves outside the Union by their actions, I can imagine the response F O comes to mind
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
-
royalmailslave
- Posts: 126
- Joined: 20 Sep 2010, 17:09
- Gender: Male
Re: strike breakers - Post strike?
At the end of the day people cannot afford to strike...I always said if I found myself in an unfortunate situation on a strike where I was literally skint and NEEDED to work to feed kids/mortgage to then I would go in....I have never crossed the line or intend on doing but in certain situations I'd consider it.....I treat people no differently if they cross as I know each and everyone's situation is different....I owe no allegiance to anybody in my workplace and certainly don't have to answer to colleagues in said situation
-
NWpostie
- Posts: 3622
- Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9
Re: strike breakers - Post strike?
It's a choice you will have to be prepared to live with, for years if neccessary, there are cases of people being ignored long after the original strikes.royalmailslave wrote:At the end of the day people cannot afford to strike...I always said if I found myself in an unfortunate situation on a strike where I was literally skint and NEEDED to work to feed kids/mortgage to then I would go in....I have never crossed the line or intend on doing but in certain situations I'd consider it.....I treat people no differently if they cross as I know each and everyone's situation is different....I owe no allegiance to anybody in my workplace and certainly don't have to answer to colleagues in said situation
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.