ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Wont come as a surprise !

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
UnhappyGremlin
Posts: 2685
Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: Hiding

Re: Wont come as a surprise !

Post by UnhappyGremlin »

I wanted to go, but wasn't allowed as they 'couldn't cover my duty'.

They knew it would have been a war zone.

All the deputy managers went instead, and asked pre-approved questions.

Which makes the whole thing pointless.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
Shambles
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 736
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 21:30
Gender: Female
Location: Tree house

Re: Wont come as a surprise !

Post by Shambles »

[quote="UnhappyGremlin"]I wanted to go, but wasn't allowed as they 'couldn't cover my duty'. :left: not that old chestnut
I have No Friends,
Or Enemies....
Only Teachers.
UnhappyGremlin
Posts: 2685
Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: Hiding

Re: Wont come as a surprise !

Post by UnhappyGremlin »

Shambles wrote:
UnhappyGremlin wrote:I wanted to go, but wasn't allowed as they 'couldn't cover my duty'. :left: not that old chestnut
Yup.

Me and one of the lads wanted to go.
We were told you had to submit a question to be approved.
But they knew we'd submit one and ask a different one, which would have been straight for the throat.

So the DOM had the deputies 'volunteer'. :thumbdown
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
Shambles
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 736
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 21:30
Gender: Female
Location: Tree house

Re: Wont come as a surprise !

Post by Shambles »

Well mate, at least your nose isn't brown....be Proud :wink:
I have No Friends,
Or Enemies....
Only Teachers.
noggin1969
Posts: 1321
Joined: 13 Oct 2009, 17:28
Gender: Male

Re: Wont come as a surprise !

Post by noggin1969 »

Hidden cameras and awkward questions at the ready :left:
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: Wont come as a surprise !

Post by spiderj »

Oooooooo got told today that I can go......starting a thread for suggested questions
:Very Happy
I won
Jynxx
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 198
Joined: 07 Oct 2010, 16:48
Gender: Male

Re: Wont come as a surprise !

Post by Jynxx »

spiderj wrote:Oooooooo got told today that I can go......starting a thread for suggested questions
:Very Happy
Good luck with that, Hope you ask her some good questions! ...I expect the whole thing will be all about the CWU being the devil, The Sun shining from her parts and the pay deal etc being the next best thing since sliced bread...why on why can't they just accept that the deals dead and spend the time being more productive and coming back with a better deal? :confused
Thixty
Posts: 40
Joined: 22 Feb 2011, 22:13
Gender: Male

Re: Wont come as a surprise !

Post by Thixty »

Did anyone go? I had to replace the brakes and wishbones on my car so couldn't make it ... Not that I'm to bothered just curious as to wether anyone spoke up over the BS?
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: Wont come as a surprise !

Post by spiderj »

Told I couldn't go as I hadn't been issued Within card
Hmmmmmmmm
:hmmmm
I won