ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Postmen's shares

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Re: Postmen's shares

Post by Darren Bent »

probably 600 ish for you.
steve1873
Posts: 800
Joined: 08 Oct 2007, 13:55

Re: Postmen's shares

Post by steve1873 »

andy1976 wrote:Many shares you reckon us posties will get then?.. Also im part time 32 hours so its pro rata for me.
You will get 595 shares, assuming you worked on average the 32 hours per week for last 3 months.

That means they have a current value of slightly over £2800 :)
mozsupportsrovers
Posts: 25
Joined: 03 Jun 2013, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Postmen's shares

Post by mozsupportsrovers »

Hi, Im a postie (just a few weeks shy of 1 year) and currently on a 24 hour contract. Over the past few months i've been working an average of 30-32 hours a week. So would I still get 24 hours worth of shares (think thats just over £2000, or would they allocate me more based on an average I work??

Also, another quick question, did you have to opt in (sign forms ect ect) to say you wanted your shares? or was that only to OPT OUT?

Thanks in advance
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72767
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Postmen's shares

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

mozsupportsrovers wrote:Hi, Im a postie (just a few weeks shy of 1 year) and currently on a 24 hour contract. Over the past few months i've been working an average of 30-32 hours a week. So would I still get 24 hours worth of shares (think thats just over £2000, or would they allocate me more based on an average I work??

Also, another quick question, did you have to opt in (sign forms ect ect) to say you wanted your shares? or was that only to OPT OUT?

Thanks in advance
Its an average of the hours you worked - with sick and holidays counting as basic weeks.

No it was an Opt out rather than Opt in - you should have received a prospectus somewhere in the avalanche of mail RM sent over the last few months.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
mozsupportsrovers
Posts: 25
Joined: 03 Jun 2013, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Postmen's shares

Post by mozsupportsrovers »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
mozsupportsrovers wrote:Hi, Im a postie (just a few weeks shy of 1 year) and currently on a 24 hour contract. Over the past few months i've been working an average of 30-32 hours a week. So would I still get 24 hours worth of shares (think thats just over £2000, or would they allocate me more based on an average I work??

Also, another quick question, did you have to opt in (sign forms ect ect) to say you wanted your shares? or was that only to OPT OUT?

Thanks in advance
Its an average of the hours you worked - with sick and holidays counting as basic weeks.

No it was an Opt out rather than Opt in - you should have received a prospectus somewhere in the avalanche of mail RM sent over the last few months.

Thanks for the reply, so I should be set for a more shares then, also thanks for clearing the opt in/out thing, as the mountain of letters has left me scratching my head and just throwing many away.

cheers
wally11
Posts: 35
Joined: 20 Oct 2010, 18:58
Gender: Female

Re: Postmen's shares

Post by wally11 »

korky wrote:
tragictramp wrote:So whats the allocation for a part timer on a 35 hour contract? not that ill see them mind, 3 years in this hell hole hmmmm
is the allocation pro rata on your contracted hours or on an average of actual hours worked over a recent period?
i know of a few 20hrs workers who regularly do more than most f/t workers, would seem unfair they'd only get half.
we did have a wtl about this but i must have been asleep.
In our office most of the part timers work full time hours daily as there isnt a lot of part time rounds to cover.Its about time we got a full time contract for the actual hours that we do work. :arrrghhh
korky
Posts: 797
Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28

Re: Postmen's shares

Post by korky »

wally11 wrote:
korky wrote:
tragictramp wrote:So whats the allocation for a part timer on a 35 hour contract? not that ill see them mind, 3 years in this hell hole hmmmm
is the allocation pro rata on your contracted hours or on an average of actual hours worked over a recent period?
i know of a few 20hrs workers who regularly do more than most f/t workers, would seem unfair they'd only get half.
we did have a wtl about this but i must have been asleep.
In our office most of the part timers work full time hours daily as there isnt a lot of part time rounds to cover.Its about time we got a full time contract for the actual hours that we do work. :arrrghhh
only when i'm on holiday do i fail 39hrs (from 34) and i've been arguing this with my cwu rep for ages about managers prepping and walking, he doesn't give a toss, went above him and never got a reply,
our office used to be tight knit, but too many "i'm alright jacks" now,
we all (mostly) actually get on fine with our management, still wouldn't trust them, but can have a laugh, but too many get looked after, quite a few are actually tied up and ready for off before i even start some days!
Sbutts8182
Posts: 136
Joined: 30 Mar 2013, 20:12
Gender: Male

Re: Postmen's shares

Post by Sbutts8182 »

Anyone else sick of telling people we are not coining it in with these shares?
UnhappyGremlin
Posts: 2685
Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: Hiding

Re: Postmen's shares

Post by UnhappyGremlin »

Sbutts8182 wrote:Anyone else sick of telling people we are not coining it in with these shares?
Yes.
Me.

I'm fed up of being asked what I'm doing with my '3 and a half grand'. :evil/mad
Tired of explain we ain't got jack s**t yet.
And when we can eventually cash in, they may well be worth f**k all.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
NWpostie
Posts: 3622
Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
Gender: Male
Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9

Re: Postmen's shares

Post by NWpostie »

Do we get a certificate of some sort or a SIP account number for the employee shares, I have seen nothing yet I heard that emails were sent out, I have seen nothing myself.
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Re: Postmen's shares

Post by Darren Bent »

I am on full time contract and been off work for nearly 3 months. Will this reduce my shares from 725 to lower number ?
UnhappyGremlin
Posts: 2685
Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: Hiding

Re: Postmen's shares

Post by UnhappyGremlin »

Darren Bent wrote:I am on full time contract and been off work for nearly 3 months. Will this reduce my shares from 725 to lower number ?
Assuming you're on sick leave, no.
I'd expect you to get the full allocation.
You would have been employed for the duration of the eligible criteria etc.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.