ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Postmen's shares
-
Darren Bent
- Posts: 2150
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL
Re: Postmen's shares
probably 600 ish for you.
-
steve1873
- Posts: 800
- Joined: 08 Oct 2007, 13:55
Re: Postmen's shares
You will get 595 shares, assuming you worked on average the 32 hours per week for last 3 months.andy1976 wrote:Many shares you reckon us posties will get then?.. Also im part time 32 hours so its pro rata for me.
That means they have a current value of slightly over £2800 :)
-
mozsupportsrovers
- Posts: 25
- Joined: 03 Jun 2013, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Postmen's shares
Hi, Im a postie (just a few weeks shy of 1 year) and currently on a 24 hour contract. Over the past few months i've been working an average of 30-32 hours a week. So would I still get 24 hours worth of shares (think thats just over £2000, or would they allocate me more based on an average I work??
Also, another quick question, did you have to opt in (sign forms ect ect) to say you wanted your shares? or was that only to OPT OUT?
Thanks in advance
Also, another quick question, did you have to opt in (sign forms ect ect) to say you wanted your shares? or was that only to OPT OUT?
Thanks in advance
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72767
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Postmen's shares
Its an average of the hours you worked - with sick and holidays counting as basic weeks.mozsupportsrovers wrote:Hi, Im a postie (just a few weeks shy of 1 year) and currently on a 24 hour contract. Over the past few months i've been working an average of 30-32 hours a week. So would I still get 24 hours worth of shares (think thats just over £2000, or would they allocate me more based on an average I work??
Also, another quick question, did you have to opt in (sign forms ect ect) to say you wanted your shares? or was that only to OPT OUT?
Thanks in advance
No it was an Opt out rather than Opt in - you should have received a prospectus somewhere in the avalanche of mail RM sent over the last few months.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
mozsupportsrovers
- Posts: 25
- Joined: 03 Jun 2013, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Postmen's shares
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Its an average of the hours you worked - with sick and holidays counting as basic weeks.mozsupportsrovers wrote:Hi, Im a postie (just a few weeks shy of 1 year) and currently on a 24 hour contract. Over the past few months i've been working an average of 30-32 hours a week. So would I still get 24 hours worth of shares (think thats just over £2000, or would they allocate me more based on an average I work??
Also, another quick question, did you have to opt in (sign forms ect ect) to say you wanted your shares? or was that only to OPT OUT?
Thanks in advance
No it was an Opt out rather than Opt in - you should have received a prospectus somewhere in the avalanche of mail RM sent over the last few months.
Thanks for the reply, so I should be set for a more shares then, also thanks for clearing the opt in/out thing, as the mountain of letters has left me scratching my head and just throwing many away.
cheers
-
wally11
- Posts: 35
- Joined: 20 Oct 2010, 18:58
- Gender: Female
Re: Postmen's shares
In our office most of the part timers work full time hours daily as there isnt a lot of part time rounds to cover.Its about time we got a full time contract for the actual hours that we do work.korky wrote:is the allocation pro rata on your contracted hours or on an average of actual hours worked over a recent period?tragictramp wrote:So whats the allocation for a part timer on a 35 hour contract? not that ill see them mind, 3 years in this hell hole hmmmm
i know of a few 20hrs workers who regularly do more than most f/t workers, would seem unfair they'd only get half.
we did have a wtl about this but i must have been asleep.
-
korky
- Posts: 797
- Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28
Re: Postmen's shares
only when i'm on holiday do i fail 39hrs (from 34) and i've been arguing this with my cwu rep for ages about managers prepping and walking, he doesn't give a toss, went above him and never got a reply,wally11 wrote:In our office most of the part timers work full time hours daily as there isnt a lot of part time rounds to cover.Its about time we got a full time contract for the actual hours that we do work.korky wrote:is the allocation pro rata on your contracted hours or on an average of actual hours worked over a recent period?tragictramp wrote:So whats the allocation for a part timer on a 35 hour contract? not that ill see them mind, 3 years in this hell hole hmmmm
i know of a few 20hrs workers who regularly do more than most f/t workers, would seem unfair they'd only get half.
we did have a wtl about this but i must have been asleep.
our office used to be tight knit, but too many "i'm alright jacks" now,
we all (mostly) actually get on fine with our management, still wouldn't trust them, but can have a laugh, but too many get looked after, quite a few are actually tied up and ready for off before i even start some days!
-
Sbutts8182
- Posts: 136
- Joined: 30 Mar 2013, 20:12
- Gender: Male
Re: Postmen's shares
Anyone else sick of telling people we are not coining it in with these shares?
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: Postmen's shares
Yes.Sbutts8182 wrote:Anyone else sick of telling people we are not coining it in with these shares?
Me.
I'm fed up of being asked what I'm doing with my '3 and a half grand'.
Tired of explain we ain't got jack s**t yet.
And when we can eventually cash in, they may well be worth f**k all.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
-
NWpostie
- Posts: 3622
- Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9
Re: Postmen's shares
Do we get a certificate of some sort or a SIP account number for the employee shares, I have seen nothing yet I heard that emails were sent out, I have seen nothing myself.
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
-
Darren Bent
- Posts: 2150
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL
Re: Postmen's shares
I am on full time contract and been off work for nearly 3 months. Will this reduce my shares from 725 to lower number ?
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: Postmen's shares
Assuming you're on sick leave, no.Darren Bent wrote:I am on full time contract and been off work for nearly 3 months. Will this reduce my shares from 725 to lower number ?
I'd expect you to get the full allocation.
You would have been employed for the duration of the eligible criteria etc.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.