ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

on strike day

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Pat Ostman
Posts: 2797
Joined: 17 Sep 2008, 21:53
Gender: Male
Location: In the Line Managers office being screwed over.

Re: on strike day

Post by Pat Ostman »

trevjim wrote:Lapsing..... When will it end?
When people start standing up for themselves.






This is too easy.
Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun.
And when at last the work is done. Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one
Harry_Perkins
Posts: 206
Joined: 25 Jun 2009, 15:42
Gender: Male

Re: on strike day

Post by Harry_Perkins »

trevjim wrote:Im not going on strike, you can call me what you want I really dont care I have my reasons and opinions not to, I respect yours, so respect mine, but what I want to know is, on strike day do I just go in as normal?
Not gonna abuse but over the years have you taken all the benefits, pay increases, improved terms and conditions the union have won? Will you take all this again if the CWU win an even better deal than what is currently on the table? Shouldn't you therefore give it all back to Royal Mail if you don't strike?
You must understand that I am here purely as A BEARER OF MESSAGES.
tommymac
Posts: 247
Joined: 05 Feb 2007, 19:09
Location: Burslem

Re: on strike day

Post by tommymac »

trevjim wrote:Im not going on strike, you can call me what you want I really dont care I have my reasons and opinions not to, I respect yours, so respect mine, but what I want to know is, on strike day do I just go in as normal?
:Boo hoo!
Unbelievable naivety. You do whatever you want but please don't come on here and brag about scabbing. You're not an acting manager by any chance?
Mr Incognito
Posts: 64
Joined: 02 Jul 2013, 21:02
Gender: Male

Re: on strike day

Post by Mr Incognito »

Harry_Perkins wrote:
trevjim wrote:Im not going on strike, you can call me what you want I really dont care I have my reasons and opinions not to, I respect yours, so respect mine, but what I want to know is, on strike day do I just go in as normal?
Not gonna abuse but over the years have you taken all the benefits, pay increases, improved terms and conditions the union have won? Will you take all this again if the CWU win an even better deal than what is currently on the table? Shouldn't you therefore give it all back to Royal Mail if you don't strike?
Well said! :Applause
steven100
Posts: 1391
Joined: 09 Aug 2009, 12:35
Gender: Male

Re: on strike day

Post by steven100 »

trevjim wrote:Im not going on strike, you can call me what you want I really dont care I have my reasons and opinions not to, I respect yours, so respect mine, but what I want to know is, on strike day do I just go in as normal?

Yes you can go in as normal but expect your fellow colleagues to send you to Coventry.
halfull
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 858
Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 13:37
Gender: Male

Re: on strike day

Post by halfull »

you have to go through the back door out of sight like the rest of the spineless cowards, hope this helps. :thumbup
pike23
Posts: 27
Joined: 12 Feb 2010, 11:05
Gender: Male

Re: on strike day

Post by pike23 »

I'm on annual leave on 4th.... Typical
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

Re: on strike day

Post by daveyeff »

trevjim wrote:Im not going on strike, you can call me what you want I really dont care I have my reasons and opinions not to, I respect yours, so respect mine, but what I want to know is, on strike day do I just go in as normal?
ignore him he's trolling. its probably crammy in disguise
ebbzie
Posts: 660
Joined: 14 Jun 2011, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: on strike day

Post by ebbzie »

johno47 wrote:I wish there was a way that people like you do not get the benefits of any better deal that other staff have sacrificed to get, if your happy with whats on offer then that is what you get. I don't always agree with everything that the CWU have done but I would never cross a picket line, I am not sure why you found it necessary to tell people on here, the apathy and self interest of some people we work with is truly disappointing. :sad:
:Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause :Applause
mailman71
Posts: 500
Joined: 10 Jun 2007, 08:03

Re: on strike day

Post by mailman71 »

Every time we are going on industrial action we get somebody looking to be smart by boasting about going in and breaking the strike never fails.
Pinky 1
Posts: 1510
Joined: 01 Mar 2009, 11:38
Gender: Male
Location: Wales

Re: on strike day

Post by Pinky 1 »

trevjim wrote:Im not going on strike, you can call me what you want I really dont care I have my reasons and opinions not to, I respect yours, so respect mine, but what I want to know is, on strike day do I just go in as normal?
It's a bit difficult to respect your reasons and opinions when you don't say what they are. :hmmmm
Ask your line manager how you go about coming in on a strike day. Earn his respect for one day.
Lose it for the rest of your career .......
"Cara yn bod 'n briod , dydy 'n fawr at ca a hun 'n anad berson a 'ch angen at blina achos 'r bwyso chan 'ch buchedd "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "
dazzlin72
Posts: 321
Joined: 25 Jan 2010, 13:56
Gender: Male

Re: on strike day

Post by dazzlin72 »

He wont be earning his managers respect tho, they'll still despise him as well. Might as well take brew material in with you as well, instead of an apple! :cuppa
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

Re: on strike day

Post by daveyeff »

dazzlin72 wrote:He wont be earning his managers respect tho, they'll still despise him as well. Might as well take brew material in with you as well, instead of an apple! :cuppa
and a noose for when its all over.
max_gain
Posts: 57
Joined: 02 Aug 2007, 20:42
Location: Outer Mongolia

Re: on strike day

Post by max_gain »

Funny thing is, its the strikebreakers who whinge the most afterwards, when they are getting screwed over by their managers. Like they believe breaking the strike will see them immune to all the stealth changes about to change their working lives and conditions.

Total Morons.
dazzlin72
Posts: 321
Joined: 25 Jan 2010, 13:56
Gender: Male

Re: on strike day

Post by dazzlin72 »

He thinks he's in line for the £300! :d'oh!