ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Ballot

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
slave
Posts: 433
Joined: 20 Sep 2007, 21:39
Location: North West

Re: Ballot

Post by slave »

whatamess!! wrote:I'll start it off, 65% turnout
You really think 65% of the "union" will bother? I may be wrong but that sounds very high compared to previous turnouts. There's so much apathy in the union it's a f***ing joke! One reason why I left, far too many tossers that want to be in and reap the protection, but don't really want to be 'in' or assist the greater good. Selfish w*****s!
ronpetetrevchris
Posts: 503
Joined: 30 Oct 2007, 17:55

Re: Ballot

Post by ronpetetrevchris »

whatamess!! wrote:The week after the 26th is half term,alot of people will be on leave.
What do you think the turnout and yes/no will be?
I'll start it off, 65% turnout - 78% Yes 22% No. :whistle
I don't think it will be as big as some think, I hope it's bigger than I think :chuckle
About what i was thinking, but i consider 75% plus a big result.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Ballot

Post by fishtank »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
tmac wrote:If its a yes when does anyone reckon we will be on strike. The sooner the better.
26 Oct is my guess
I think if we're going to kick off we should do it with a bit more impact so lets just piss off home on thursday 24th after work and come back say...tuesday or wednesday the following week.
That'll wake them up. :neutral:
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
cloherty1976
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 1236
Joined: 11 Mar 2010, 12:16
Gender: Male
Location: The south

Re: Ballot

Post by cloherty1976 »

fishtank wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
tmac wrote:If its a yes when does anyone reckon we will be on strike. The sooner the better.
26 Oct is my guess
I think if we're going to kick off we should do it with a bit more impact so lets just piss off home on thursday 24th after work and come back say...tuesday or wednesday the following week.
That'll wake them up. :neutral:
I would come out for that. I would say that that would cause problems and they would do a lot of talking over weekend.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Ballot

Post by dvbuk55 »

fishtank wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
tmac wrote:If its a yes when does anyone reckon we will be on strike. The sooner the better.
26 Oct is my guess
I think if we're going to kick off we should do it with a bit more impact so lets just piss off home on thursday 24th after work and come back say...tuesday or wednesday the following week.
That'll wake them up. :neutral:
I'm with you! We definitely need more impact than last time and that's for sure.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: Ballot

Post by k979aaa »

As long as we get over 51% yes vote and our turnout is over 65% I will be happy I am sure it will be far more than that though as of action the sooner the better but rolling strikes did royalmail in last time!
thevardinator
Posts: 165
Joined: 12 Apr 2010, 16:21
Gender: Male

Re: Ballot

Post by thevardinator »

Anything below 75% would be disappointing.

However above 85% would be fantastic.

Probably somewhere in the middle realistically.
STAND TOGETHER IN THE FIGHT.
jack
Posts: 299
Joined: 28 Aug 2007, 14:32

Re: Ballot

Post by jack »

I think if we're going to kick off we should do it with a bit more impact so lets just piss off home on thursday 24th after work and come back say...tuesday or wednesday the following week.
That'll wake them up. :neutral:
I do hope so :chuckle
'Royal Mail leaders could not lead a worm, they'll never take our pride cos that's what we earn'
whatamess!!
Posts: 279
Joined: 13 Jan 2011, 17:43
Gender: Female

Re: Ballot

Post by whatamess!! »

Do we think members will support anything more than a one day strike? I have my doubts, the strike breakers would go through the roof as most would say ' I can't afford it'.
I will do what ever is needed, bring it on!!
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

Re: Ballot

Post by daveyeff »

whatamess!! wrote:Do we think members will support anything more than a one day strike? I have my doubts, the strike breakers would go through the roof as most would say ' I can't afford it'.
I will do what ever is needed, bring it on!!
didnt happen last time so i dont think there'll be many this time.
the beautiful bd south
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 336
Joined: 06 Jun 2007, 20:48
Location: west riding of yorkshire

Re: Ballot

Post by the beautiful bd south »

ballot results to be announced at 3pm according to sky news
TOO OLD TO DIE YOUNG
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

Re: Ballot

Post by daveyeff »

the beautiful bd south wrote:ballot results to be announced at 3pm according to sky news
sky 'sources' are saying it could be a big majority. lets hope so. :Very Happy
Shambles
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 736
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 21:30
Gender: Female
Location: Tree house

Re: Ballot

Post by Shambles »

I have my champagne chilling in anticipation, lovely bottle of Crystal.... :whistle
I have No Friends,
Or Enemies....
Only Teachers.
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

Re: Ballot

Post by daveyeff »

Shambles wrote:I have my champagne chilling in anticipation, lovely bottle of Crystal.... :whistle
not crystal meth i hope.
the beautiful bd south
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 336
Joined: 06 Jun 2007, 20:48
Location: west riding of yorkshire

Re: Ballot

Post by the beautiful bd south »

well 24hr strike for november has already been announced so looks like a yes
TOO OLD TO DIE YOUNG