To keep to H&S your going to need to visit your GP and get a letter stating you need a different make of shoe than RM offers. In theory RM should pay for these.
The only problem I ve had with Cats was the consistent rubbing of one heal. I found rubbing my heals with a little Vaseline cured it.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
uncomfortable cat trainers
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: uncomfortable cat trainers
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
Postboy11
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 13 Oct 2013, 16:52
- Gender: Male
Re: uncomfortable cat trainers
Has anyone else got any other recommendations for footwear. £112 is a bit steep.
The CAT trainers are just not comfortable and my feet are so sore by the time I've finished my walk everyday. I've tried 'comfort insoles' in them but they don't last long.
I've tried all the other footwear on offer from RM but they're just not comfortable from the start to the finish of my working day.
There must be some waterproof proper walking shoes in the shops that aren't expensive and super comfy.
Anyone???
The CAT trainers are just not comfortable and my feet are so sore by the time I've finished my walk everyday. I've tried 'comfort insoles' in them but they don't last long.
I've tried all the other footwear on offer from RM but they're just not comfortable from the start to the finish of my working day.
There must be some waterproof proper walking shoes in the shops that aren't expensive and super comfy.
Anyone???
-
silver_fox
- Posts: 110
- Joined: 27 Jan 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
Re: uncomfortable cat trainers
http://www.vivobarefoot.com/uk/mens/amp ... -2013.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: uncomfortable cat trainers
The delivery has nothing to do with how long they last. Some people are putting 9st of weight on them, some 16st. Some shuffle around like a 90 year old, some walk properly.DB1100 wrote:I can beat that,on average they last a month,1 pair only lasted 3 weeks.loverman shabba wrote:only 3 pairs a year? you must be on a small round then. mine last about 2 months at the most
-
savo
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 411
- Joined: 05 Feb 2009, 20:54
- Gender: Male
Re: uncomfortable cat trainers
http://store.drmartens.co.uk/p-709-occu ... -8250.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I buy these ( just got 2nd pair ) - £70
I buy these ( just got 2nd pair ) - £70
'Dear chief secretary, I'm afraid to tell you there's no money left,' ( Liam Byrne MP )
-
jimboaby
- Posts: 17
- Joined: 25 Jan 2013, 21:22
- Gender: Male
Re: uncomfortable cat trainers
You are allowed to wear your own if you have a problem with the standard issue footwear, for example if they are causing you pain. Was told this by head of health and safety for the region during a training session where he showed us when the CAT trainers had to be monitored for wear and replaced. Which is about a month after first getting them... 
-
DiamondSmiles
- Posts: 498
- Joined: 05 Feb 2009, 20:03
- Gender: Male
Re: uncomfortable cat trainers
Have you tried the magnums, they are still available.