ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

uncomfortable cat trainers

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: uncomfortable cat trainers

Post by krussel »

To keep to H&S your going to need to visit your GP and get a letter stating you need a different make of shoe than RM offers. In theory RM should pay for these.

The only problem I ve had with Cats was the consistent rubbing of one heal. I found rubbing my heals with a little Vaseline cured it.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
Postboy11
Posts: 1
Joined: 13 Oct 2013, 16:52
Gender: Male

Re: uncomfortable cat trainers

Post by Postboy11 »

Has anyone else got any other recommendations for footwear. £112 is a bit steep.

The CAT trainers are just not comfortable and my feet are so sore by the time I've finished my walk everyday. I've tried 'comfort insoles' in them but they don't last long.

I've tried all the other footwear on offer from RM but they're just not comfortable from the start to the finish of my working day.

There must be some waterproof proper walking shoes in the shops that aren't expensive and super comfy.

Anyone???
silver_fox
Posts: 110
Joined: 27 Jan 2013, 10:13
Gender: Male

Re: uncomfortable cat trainers

Post by silver_fox »

http://www.vivobarefoot.com/uk/mens/amp ... -2013.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: uncomfortable cat trainers

Post by OnAFlyer »

DB1100 wrote:
loverman shabba wrote:only 3 pairs a year? you must be on a small round then. mine last about 2 months at the most :Boo hoo!
I can beat that,on average they last a month,1 pair only lasted 3 weeks.
The delivery has nothing to do with how long they last. Some people are putting 9st of weight on them, some 16st. Some shuffle around like a 90 year old, some walk properly.
savo
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 411
Joined: 05 Feb 2009, 20:54
Gender: Male

Re: uncomfortable cat trainers

Post by savo »

http://store.drmartens.co.uk/p-709-occu ... -8250.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I buy these ( just got 2nd pair ) - £70
'Dear chief secretary, I'm afraid to tell you there's no money left,' ( Liam Byrne MP )
jimboaby
Posts: 17
Joined: 25 Jan 2013, 21:22
Gender: Male

Re: uncomfortable cat trainers

Post by jimboaby »

You are allowed to wear your own if you have a problem with the standard issue footwear, for example if they are causing you pain. Was told this by head of health and safety for the region during a training session where he showed us when the CAT trainers had to be monitored for wear and replaced. Which is about a month after first getting them... :Applause
DiamondSmiles
Posts: 498
Joined: 05 Feb 2009, 20:03
Gender: Male

Re: uncomfortable cat trainers

Post by DiamondSmiles »

Have you tried the magnums, they are still available.