ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

£1300 bonus

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
cloherty1976
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 1236
Joined: 11 Mar 2010, 12:16
Gender: Male
Location: The south

Re: £1300 bonus

Post by cloherty1976 »

clashcityrocker wrote:
cloherty1976 wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:I'm glad we've cleared that one up. :cuppa
But hang on.....was it pro rata?
Don't know and don't care just remember that figure and thinking nice surprise in wage packet. Thanks RobertT I was surprised more people never remembered such a large figure in their wages..
But a lot of us may have been part time back then and therefore we would not have had such a large sum in our wage packet.
P/T were shafted again. :evil/mad
Think of it not so many were part time in those days and if it affects you check if you had £600 or £700 going in your account which no one seem to notice anyway. Fishtank only got a pound remember.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16729
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: £1300 bonus

Post by clashcityrocker »

Jimmy Carr`s laugh wrote:
Your not shafted when your still asleep at 730 though are you :wave
Asleep at 7.30 back in 2005?
Are you mental?

2005 was the year I took up power walking. I used to do 5 miles in 40 minutes.
And if you tell that to people today, they just won't believe it.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: £1300 bonus

Post by fishtank »

Also my wife "deals" with all matters financial.
She may have noticed but I don't remember my pocket money going up.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
cloherty1976
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 1236
Joined: 11 Mar 2010, 12:16
Gender: Male
Location: The south

Re: £1300 bonus

Post by cloherty1976 »

fishtank wrote:Also my wife "deals" with all matters financial.
She may have noticed but I don't remember my pocket money going up.
You can't beat a good women in the house..
Last edited by cloherty1976 on 14 Oct 2013, 16:40, edited 1 time in total.
Shambles
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 736
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 21:30
Gender: Female
Location: Tree house

Re: £1300 bonus

Post by Shambles »

fishtank wrote:Also my wife "deals" with all matters financial.
She may have noticed but I don't remember my pocket money going up.

lol....you were robbed :chuckle good girl :chuckle
I have No Friends,
Or Enemies....
Only Teachers.
Shambles
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 736
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 21:30
Gender: Female
Location: Tree house

Re: £1300 bonus

Post by Shambles »

cloherty1976 wrote:
fishtank wrote:Also my wife "deals" with all matters financial.
She may have noticed but I don't remember my pocket money going up.
You can beat a good women in the house..
And at work, surprisingly :whistle
I have No Friends,
Or Enemies....
Only Teachers.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16729
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: £1300 bonus

Post by clashcityrocker »

Edited because he now says he doesn't beat his wife.
Though they all say that.
Last edited by clashcityrocker on 14 Oct 2013, 16:45, edited 1 time in total.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
Shambles
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 736
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 21:30
Gender: Female
Location: Tree house

Re: £1300 bonus

Post by Shambles »

In clohertys defence, I think he missed a 't' off of can....so should have been CAN'T...AT LEAST I HOPE THAT'S WHAT HE MEANT :shock:
I have No Friends,
Or Enemies....
Only Teachers.
Shambles
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 736
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 21:30
Gender: Female
Location: Tree house

Re: £1300 bonus

Post by Shambles »

Men are mostly physically stronger, so not much competition beating a woman, despite our constant 'nagging' as 'some' men lovingly refer to it :chuckle

If a Man hits a woman, for any reason, he is a COWARD!! And should sleep with one eye open for the rest of his marriage :shock: :whistle
I have No Friends,
Or Enemies....
Only Teachers.
aposter
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 205
Joined: 23 Feb 2013, 16:21
Gender: Male

Re: £1300 bonus

Post by aposter »

Did anyone ever use the £150 holiday voucher :left:
ivan frankfurt
Posts: 46
Joined: 19 May 2009, 20:20
Gender: Male

Re: £1300 bonus

Post by ivan frankfurt »

Jimmy Carr`s laugh wrote:
cloherty1976 wrote:
fishtank wrote:We got £800 in may 2008 and £400 in may 2009 from the colleagueshare dividends.
Anything else might be a local thing like the 50/50 savings thing etc.
That's it 50/50 share saving. Thank you
We never got anything and ive been sick 2 times in 10 years!
I've been sick 10 times in 2 years, never got a penny in bonus :nana
cloherty1976
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 1236
Joined: 11 Mar 2010, 12:16
Gender: Male
Location: The south

Re: £1300 bonus

Post by cloherty1976 »

Corrected. mine would beat the living day lights out me and then my boys would finish me off for laying a hand on mum :Very Happy
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: £1300 bonus

Post by dvbuk55 »

clashcityrocker wrote:I'm glad we've cleared that one up. :cuppa
But hang on.....was it pro rata?
Well on this occasion it wasn't, in our case we all got nothing :chuckle :chuckle
RobertT
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 6703
Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 14:26
Gender: Male

Re: £1300 bonus

Post by RobertT »

aposter wrote:Did anyone ever use the £150 holiday voucher :left:
I've still got mine.
098.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Links to all RM pension related websites are here
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72767
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: £1300 bonus

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Never got one - went sick for 1 day on principle.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.