ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Buying Extra Shares

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: Buying Extra Shares

Post by k979aaa »

dvbuk55 wrote:I am admittedly not poor and could have afforded to buy the maximum allowed and suspect I could have made a considerable profit certainly a few grand plus but somehow I just couldn't bring myself to invest and the free shares mean absolutely nothing to me either.
Same for me too
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: Buying Extra Shares

Post by OnAFlyer »

I bought some, wish I'd bought more but never mind. I got them as an investment for my son, on paper he got 15 years savings account interest in an hour on Friday. If they go over £5 I'll sell and take the 50% profit.
Delboy2
Posts: 1
Joined: 28 Jun 2011, 18:41
Gender: Male

Re: Buying Extra Shares

Post by Delboy2 »

15,000 employees brought additional shares under the Employee preference offer. My understanding is there are about 8,000 managers in Royal Mail so 7,000 CWU grades must have brought shares. Interesting!
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Buying Extra Shares

Post by fishtank »

Delboy2 wrote:My understanding is there are about 8,000 managers in Royal Mail
As of the beginning of 2012 there were 14,923 managers in Royal Mail.
The exact number of those now hiding in the World Class Mail project is unknown. :neutral:
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: Buying Extra Shares

Post by k979aaa »

fishtank wrote:
Delboy2 wrote:My understanding is there are about 8,000 managers in Royal Mail
As of the beginning of 2012 there were 14,923 managers in Royal Mail.
The exact number of those now hiding in the World Class Mail project is unknown. :neutral:
Bit like ants under the carpet you do not notice till the carpet is moving!
cloherty1976
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 1236
Joined: 11 Mar 2010, 12:16
Gender: Male
Location: The south

Re: Buying Extra Shares

Post by cloherty1976 »

shepherdess wrote:Only 15000 out of 150000 bought extra seems like it wasn't well advetised !
moya got her application scaled back to £10000
I'll be interested to see if she buys on Tuesday. That will give an idea of the value she puts on the company.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: Buying Extra Shares

Post by k979aaa »

cloherty1976 wrote:
shepherdess wrote:Only 15000 out of 150000 bought extra seems like it wasn't well advetised !
moya got her application scaled back to £10000
I'll be interested to see if she buys on Tuesday. That will give an idea of the value she puts on the company.
Will anyone know and it is her business WHAT SHE does with her money. BUT WHAT SHE DOES TO MY/EVERYONES TERMS AND CONDITIONS WILL BE FOUGHT TOOTH AND NAIL!
cloherty1976
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 1236
Joined: 11 Mar 2010, 12:16
Gender: Male
Location: The south

Re: Buying Extra Shares

Post by cloherty1976 »

k979aaa wrote:
cloherty1976 wrote:
shepherdess wrote:Only 15000 out of 150000 bought extra seems like it wasn't well advetised !
moya got her application scaled back to £10000
I'll be interested to see if she buys on Tuesday. That will give an idea of the value she puts on the company.
Will anyone know and it is her business WHAT SHE does with her money. BUT WHAT SHE DOES TO MY/EVERYONES TERMS AND CONDITIONS WILL BE FOUGHT TOOTH AND NAIL!
All directors have to reveal what stock they buy and sell..
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: Buying Extra Shares

Post by k979aaa »

cloherty1976 wrote:
k979aaa wrote:
cloherty1976 wrote:
shepherdess wrote:Only 15000 out of 150000 bought extra seems like it wasn't well advetised !
moya got her application scaled back to £10000
I'll be interested to see if she buys on Tuesday. That will give an idea of the value she puts on the company.
Will anyone know and it is her business WHAT SHE does with her money. BUT WHAT SHE DOES TO MY/EVERYONES TERMS AND CONDITIONS WILL BE FOUGHT TOOTH AND NAIL!
All directors have to reveal what stock they buy and sell..
Still her money have no issues as long as she and you don't call us all because of your vested interests in your CAPITAL investments!.
cloherty1976
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 1236
Joined: 11 Mar 2010, 12:16
Gender: Male
Location: The south

Re: Buying Extra Shares

Post by cloherty1976 »

I think she is in a different league to me. I need to win lottery to get to her standards
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: Buying Extra Shares

Post by k979aaa »

cloherty1976 wrote:I think she is in a different league to me. I need to win lottery to get to her standards
I don't know sometimes you make me wonder with your degradation of your fellow workers!