ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

has anyone refused shares?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
nudenut
Posts: 72
Joined: 21 May 2013, 21:48
Gender: Male

Re: has anyone refused shares?

Post by nudenut »

cloherty1976 wrote:
nudenut wrote:
cloherty1976 wrote:Your get a certificate in 3 years when they are released unless you leave via retirement or ill health. These are standard rules and no conspiracy..

Whatever
Just bin it when you get it as it might be propaganda..
True though isn't it, I've still got my "collegue" share certificate,, that was bull so where is my "realshare" certificate to throw on the November 5th celebration of the burning of parliament ........... Ha ha :evil/mad
cloherty1976
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 1236
Joined: 11 Mar 2010, 12:16
Gender: Male
Location: The south

Re: has anyone refused shares?

Post by cloherty1976 »

nudenut wrote:
cloherty1976 wrote:
nudenut wrote:
cloherty1976 wrote:Your get a certificate in 3 years when they are released unless you leave via retirement or ill health. These are standard rules and no conspiracy..

Whatever
Just bin it when you get it as it might be propaganda..
True though isn't it, I've still got my "collegue" share certificate,, that was bull so where is my "realshare" certificate to throw on the November 5th celebration of the burning of parliament ........... Ha ha :evil/mad
Your share certificate will be worth the same as colleague shares certificate if the stock price is zero
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Re: has anyone refused shares?

Post by aiden01 »

which it probably will be.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: has anyone refused shares?

Post by k979aaa »

cloherty1976 wrote:
nudenut wrote:
cloherty1976 wrote:
nudenut wrote:
cloherty1976 wrote:Your get a certificate in 3 years when they are released unless you leave via retirement or ill health. These are standard rules and no conspiracy..

Whatever
Just bin it when you get it as it might be propaganda..
True though isn't it, I've still got my "collegue" share certificate,, that was bull so where is my "realshare" certificate to throw on the November 5th celebration of the burning of parliament ........... Ha ha :evil/mad
Your share certificate will be worth the same as colleague shares certificate if the stock price is zero
Yet we according to you held stock and was worth ZERO yet we got nothing while others did are you saying this will happen again? Or are you hoping we don't go on strike because you bought the full £10,000 allocation and you are bricking it?.
cloherty1976
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 1236
Joined: 11 Mar 2010, 12:16
Gender: Male
Location: The south

Re: has anyone refused shares?

Post by cloherty1976 »

What I hold is my business but i am not worried and will be holding my investment unless the share price goes crazy maybe £6 then I would sell.. I don't expect that but being an investor I would expect the shares to settle at £3.80 plus and hope to keep them. If they fall below the offer price I will keep until they make a profit but if they go to zero I have done my money. Only invest what you can afford to lose as things don't always go right :Very Happy
cloherty1976
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 1236
Joined: 11 Mar 2010, 12:16
Gender: Male
Location: The south

Re: has anyone refused shares?

Post by cloherty1976 »

As for strikes I could not care less as it's your personal choice whether you do or don't. Share prices would have priced the strikes in its not as though they don't know about it.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: has anyone refused shares?

Post by k979aaa »

cloherty1976 wrote:What I hold is my business but i am not worried and will be holding my investment unless the share price goes crazy maybe £6 then I would sell.. I don't expect that but being an investor I would expect the shares to settle at £3.80 plus and hope to keep them. If they fall below the offer price I will keep until they make a profit but if they go to zero I have done my money. Only invest what you can afford to lose as things don't always go right :Very Happy
It is nice to know you have a stake in the business!
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Re: has anyone refused shares?

Post by aiden01 »

yeah and a stakeknife in every posties heart :hmmmm
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: has anyone refused shares?

Post by k979aaa »

cloherty1976 wrote:As for strikes I could not care less as it's your personal choice whether you do or don't. Share prices would have priced the strikes in its not as though they don't know about it.
They were that is why it was priced 260p to 330p per share but royal mail has a big real estate portfolio care to explain what happens next?
cloherty1976
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 1236
Joined: 11 Mar 2010, 12:16
Gender: Male
Location: The south

Re: has anyone refused shares?

Post by cloherty1976 »

k979aaa wrote:
cloherty1976 wrote:As for strikes I could not care less as it's your personal choice whether you do or don't. Share prices would have priced the strikes in its not as though they don't know about it.
They were that is why it was priced 260p to 330p per share but royal mail has a big real estate portfolio care to explain what happens next?
Yes the property portfolio is good and nine elms has planning permission for I think 1900 houses. What's that make if worth? Prime site in sw london
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: has anyone refused shares?

Post by k979aaa »

cloherty1976 wrote:
k979aaa wrote:
cloherty1976 wrote:As for strikes I could not care less as it's your personal choice whether you do or don't. Share prices would have priced the strikes in its not as though they don't know about it.
They were that is why it was priced 260p to 330p per share but royal mail has a big real estate portfolio care to explain what happens next?
Yes the property portfolio is good and nine elms has planning permission for I think 1900 houses. What's that make if worth? Prime site in sw london
So what is your shares going to do after they sell the real estate?
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: has anyone refused shares?

Post by OnAFlyer »

k979aaa wrote:
cloherty1976 wrote:As for strikes I could not care less as it's your personal choice whether you do or don't. Share prices would have priced the strikes in its not as though they don't know about it.
They were that is why it was priced 260p to 330p per share but royal mail has a big real estate portfolio care to explain what happens next?
You tell us, you're obviously the financial expert around here who knows exactly what's going to happen with the shares.

Or


You spout the biggest load of rubbish I read on this forum. I don't know why you are still working for RM when you quite clearly hate the company and your job. I've got one last tip for you, you keep going on about unpaid overtime - how about you just refuse to work it in the first place and go home on time instead?
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: has anyone refused shares?

Post by k979aaa »

OnAFlyer wrote:
k979aaa wrote:
cloherty1976 wrote:As for strikes I could not care less as it's your personal choice whether you do or don't. Share prices would have priced the strikes in its not as though they don't know about it.
They were that is why it was priced 260p to 330p per share but royal mail has a big real estate portfolio care to explain what happens next?
You tell us, you're obviously the financial expert around here who knows exactly what's going to happen with the shares.

Or


You spout the biggest load of rubbish I read on this forum. I don't know why you are still working for RM when you quite clearly hate the company and your job. I've got one last tip for you, you keep going on about unpaid overtime - how about you just refuse to work it in the first place and go home on time instead?
I do and NEVER WORK OVERTIME after all to line your pockets with my labour would be so unbecoming of me and my principals of fairness and decency I wish you good night no doubt you will be sucking the blood from someone/somewhere before the end of the night!
cloherty1976
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 1236
Joined: 11 Mar 2010, 12:16
Gender: Male
Location: The south

Re: has anyone refused shares?

Post by cloherty1976 »

OnAFlyer wrote:

You spout the biggest load of rubbish I read on this forum. I don't know why you are still working for RM when you quite clearly hate the company and your job. I've got one last tip for you, you keep going on about unpaid overtime - how about you just refuse to work it in the first place and go home on time instead?
This is the biggest load of rubbish I have read. I love my job and do it because I like it. When I no longer enjoy I move on. I certainly never do unpaid overtime and we are always paid and we have to do it because it's part of our contracts! T&c's as you call it which are fair because that's what the union agreed them.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16729
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: has anyone refused shares?

Post by clashcityrocker »

cloherty1976 wrote:
OnAFlyer wrote:

You spout the biggest load of rubbish I read on this forum. I don't know why you are still working for RM when you quite clearly hate the company and your job. I've got one last tip for you, you keep going on about unpaid overtime - how about you just refuse to work it in the first place and go home on time instead?
This is the biggest load of rubbish I have read. I love my job and do it because I like it. When I no longer enjoy I move on. I certainly never do unpaid overtime and we are always paid and we have to do it because it's part of our contracts! T&c's as you call it which are fair because that's what the union agreed them.
I don't think he was talking to you.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.