ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

WHO'S LOOKING FORWARD TO XMAS !!!!!!

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Hitcher
Posts: 1538
Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
Gender: Male

Re: WHO'S LOOKING FORWARD TO XMAS !!!!!!

Post by Hitcher »

Well RM must think it's going to be a very light Xmas this year as my son just got a Christmas casual job but it's only for 2 weeks this year!

Previously it was 6 weeks work.
post_bitch
Posts: 913
Joined: 25 Jun 2010, 14:52
Gender: Female

Re: WHO'S LOOKING FORWARD TO XMAS !!!!!!

Post by post_bitch »

Yes DO U REMEMBER WHAT IT FEELS LIKE TO ACTUALLY ENJOY XMAS?
clean and original ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkkC9cK8Hz0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
rhino49
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1644
Joined: 04 Jun 2007, 21:50
Gender: Male
Location: At home with my feet up

Re: WHO'S LOOKING FORWARD TO XMAS !!!!!!

Post by rhino49 »

TNT start foot and cycle deliveries in the M postcode areas in mid November - it will be interesting to see if there is any noticeable impact by way of reducing the number of their "own branded" items that we would normally handle.

On another note, apart from the chaos trying to get prepped, packed and ready to leave the office over the Christmas period, I have found the last two somewhat easier being on a van share now. Having a van as a refuge, hot drink store and mail storage facility as well as a partner to moan to makes a lot of difference on cold snowy and dark days, particularly because you are not laden down with undeliverable parcels and wet satchels.

Actually looking forward to Christmas this year, because although my days off fall badly (like Boxing Day :sad: ), it will be my last Christmas before I retire.
We wish to serve - but we will not be servile
Shambles
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 736
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 21:30
Gender: Female
Location: Tree house

Re: WHO'S LOOKING FORWARD TO XMAS !!!!!!

Post by Shambles »

Nice one rhino...and Congratulations for making it this far :Applause :Applause :Applause

Next Years Crimbo, will be especially celebrated, I'm sure :chuckle :wave
I have No Friends,
Or Enemies....
Only Teachers.
rhino49
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1644
Joined: 04 Jun 2007, 21:50
Gender: Male
Location: At home with my feet up

Re: WHO'S LOOKING FORWARD TO XMAS !!!!!!

Post by rhino49 »

Shambles wrote:Nice one rhino...and Congratulations for making it this far :Applause :Applause :Applause

Next Years Crimbo, will be especially celebrated, I'm sure :chuckle :wave
Thanks Shambles :wave
We wish to serve - but we will not be servile
Godric
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 855
Joined: 17 Oct 2009, 12:08
Gender: Male
Location: The Kingdom of Alba

Re: WHO'S LOOKING FORWARD TO XMAS !!!!!!

Post by Godric »

the later i'm out on the street the more streets I will be leaving back at the office .... I don't do Dark O'Clock
"Vi har haft århundraden av kärlek och tillit till varandra."
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: WHO'S LOOKING FORWARD TO XMAS !!!!!!

Post by k979aaa »

Godric wrote:the later i'm out on the street the more streets I will be leaving back at the office .... I don't do Dark O'Clock
Very dark just before Christmas.
Godric
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 855
Joined: 17 Oct 2009, 12:08
Gender: Male
Location: The Kingdom of Alba

Re: WHO'S LOOKING FORWARD TO XMAS !!!!!!

Post by Godric »

k979aaa wrote:
Godric wrote:the later i'm out on the street the more streets I will be leaving back at the office .... I don't do Dark O'Clock
Very dark just before Christmas.

correct it gets dark at 3.30 pm ... and I finish at 2.33pm 1.53pm without a break ... either way I will be finished in the daylight
"Vi har haft århundraden av kärlek och tillit till varandra."
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: WHO'S LOOKING FORWARD TO XMAS !!!!!!

Post by k979aaa »

Godric wrote:
k979aaa wrote:
Godric wrote:the later i'm out on the street the more streets I will be leaving back at the office .... I don't do Dark O'Clock
Very dark just before Christmas.

correct it gets dark at 3.30 pm ... and I finish at 2.33pm 1.53pm without a break ... either way I will be finished in the daylight
Good on you I will do the same. :Applause