Well RM must think it's going to be a very light Xmas this year as my son just got a Christmas casual job but it's only for 2 weeks this year!
Previously it was 6 weeks work.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
WHO'S LOOKING FORWARD TO XMAS !!!!!!
-
Hitcher
- Posts: 1538
- Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
- Gender: Male
-
post_bitch
- Posts: 913
- Joined: 25 Jun 2010, 14:52
- Gender: Female
Re: WHO'S LOOKING FORWARD TO XMAS !!!!!!
Yes DO U REMEMBER WHAT IT FEELS LIKE TO ACTUALLY ENJOY XMAS?
clean and original ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkkC9cK8Hz0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
rhino49
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1644
- Joined: 04 Jun 2007, 21:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: At home with my feet up
Re: WHO'S LOOKING FORWARD TO XMAS !!!!!!
TNT start foot and cycle deliveries in the M postcode areas in mid November - it will be interesting to see if there is any noticeable impact by way of reducing the number of their "own branded" items that we would normally handle.
On another note, apart from the chaos trying to get prepped, packed and ready to leave the office over the Christmas period, I have found the last two somewhat easier being on a van share now. Having a van as a refuge, hot drink store and mail storage facility as well as a partner to moan to makes a lot of difference on cold snowy and dark days, particularly because you are not laden down with undeliverable parcels and wet satchels.
Actually looking forward to Christmas this year, because although my days off fall badly (like Boxing Day
), it will be my last Christmas before I retire.
On another note, apart from the chaos trying to get prepped, packed and ready to leave the office over the Christmas period, I have found the last two somewhat easier being on a van share now. Having a van as a refuge, hot drink store and mail storage facility as well as a partner to moan to makes a lot of difference on cold snowy and dark days, particularly because you are not laden down with undeliverable parcels and wet satchels.
Actually looking forward to Christmas this year, because although my days off fall badly (like Boxing Day
We wish to serve - but we will not be servile
-
Shambles
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 736
- Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 21:30
- Gender: Female
- Location: Tree house
Re: WHO'S LOOKING FORWARD TO XMAS !!!!!!
Nice one rhino...and Congratulations for making it this far
Next Years Crimbo, will be especially celebrated, I'm sure

Next Years Crimbo, will be especially celebrated, I'm sure
I have No Friends,
Or Enemies....
Only Teachers.
Or Enemies....
Only Teachers.
-
rhino49
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1644
- Joined: 04 Jun 2007, 21:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: At home with my feet up
Re: WHO'S LOOKING FORWARD TO XMAS !!!!!!
Thanks ShamblesShambles wrote:Nice one rhino...and Congratulations for making it this far![]()
![]()
![]()
Next Years Crimbo, will be especially celebrated, I'm sure![]()
We wish to serve - but we will not be servile
-
Godric
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 855
- Joined: 17 Oct 2009, 12:08
- Gender: Male
- Location: The Kingdom of Alba
Re: WHO'S LOOKING FORWARD TO XMAS !!!!!!
the later i'm out on the street the more streets I will be leaving back at the office .... I don't do Dark O'Clock
"Vi har haft århundraden av kärlek och tillit till varandra."
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: WHO'S LOOKING FORWARD TO XMAS !!!!!!
Very dark just before Christmas.Godric wrote:the later i'm out on the street the more streets I will be leaving back at the office .... I don't do Dark O'Clock
-
Godric
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 855
- Joined: 17 Oct 2009, 12:08
- Gender: Male
- Location: The Kingdom of Alba
Re: WHO'S LOOKING FORWARD TO XMAS !!!!!!
k979aaa wrote:Very dark just before Christmas.Godric wrote:the later i'm out on the street the more streets I will be leaving back at the office .... I don't do Dark O'Clock
correct it gets dark at 3.30 pm ... and I finish at 2.33pm 1.53pm without a break ... either way I will be finished in the daylight
"Vi har haft århundraden av kärlek och tillit till varandra."
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: WHO'S LOOKING FORWARD TO XMAS !!!!!!
Good on you I will do the same.Godric wrote:k979aaa wrote:Very dark just before Christmas.Godric wrote:the later i'm out on the street the more streets I will be leaving back at the office .... I don't do Dark O'Clock
correct it gets dark at 3.30 pm ... and I finish at 2.33pm 1.53pm without a break ... either way I will be finished in the daylight