ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
anybody else do this ?
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Re: anybody else do this ?
Yes, I must be pretty lucky. Both mine and my P&L partner have no double slots at all. I've done about ten duties in my office, and only one has had double slots. That was a nightmare, I don't know how you get by with a load of doubles.
Actually, a walk I used to do had mostly two slots per house. It had less than 400 houses in a village, good to prep, but now the frame has had it's wings stolen, and gets pretty packed once it's prepped.
Actually, a walk I used to do had mostly two slots per house. It had less than 400 houses in a village, good to prep, but now the frame has had it's wings stolen, and gets pretty packed once it's prepped.
-
5plusbonusball
- Posts: 1136
- Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: up north of watford
Re: anybody else do this ?
When it's half past 8 and most of your delivery is in by the quickest method, you then get another tray of mech.
It just goes in as fast as possible whether it's in front of or behind the flats.
It would be nice if you could have a nice looking spacious frame
It just goes in as fast as possible whether it's in front of or behind the flats.
It would be nice if you could have a nice looking spacious frame
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
-
Lance Jack
- Posts: 60
- Joined: 13 Nov 2012, 16:44
- Gender: Male
Re: anybody else do this ?
I have taken over a walk from somebody who was throwing off left handed. He had thrown three quarters off and then gone sick. Made an interesting morning.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16729
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: anybody else do this ?
Left handers should all be porters.Lance Jack wrote:I have taken over a walk from somebody who was throwing off left handed. He had thrown three quarters off and then gone sick. Made an interesting morning.
That way they don't annoy the majority of people in the DO.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
ivan frankfurt
- Posts: 46
- Joined: 19 May 2009, 20:20
- Gender: Male
Re: anybody else do this ?
I've been prepping my walks in colour order, white left side mixed colours in the middle and on the right side my flats are stored there. As for my packets/bulk items I turn the letters upside down. Absolutely foolproof 
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16729
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: anybody else do this ?
That's got to be one of the stupidest ideas I've ever heard of.ivan frankfurt wrote:I've been prepping my walks in colour order, white left side mixed colours in the middle and on the right side my flats are stored there. As for my packets/bulk items I turn the letters upside down. Absolutely foolproof
I'll be trying it tomorrow.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
ivan frankfurt
- Posts: 46
- Joined: 19 May 2009, 20:20
- Gender: Male
Re: anybody else do this ?
clashcityrocker wrote:That's got to be one of the stupidest ideas I've ever heard of.ivan frankfurt wrote:I've been prepping my walks in colour order, white left side mixed colours in the middle and on the right side my flats are stored there. As for my packets/bulk items I turn the letters upside down. Absolutely foolproof
I'll be trying it tomorrow.
-
mr hil.
- Posts: 425
- Joined: 19 Sep 2007, 18:22
- Gender: Male
Re: anybody else do this ?
I will suggest this at my first world class mail "huggle"......if we ever get that far! We should all be colour sorting our mail, and also put first class to the front, followed by second class, etc. then we could take out each slot and check for accuracy, so that we are not tempted to check whilst walking up the garden path, and finally , maybe run an iron over any that have gotten creased or folded.ivan frankfurt wrote:I've been prepping my walks in colour order, white left side mixed colours in the middle and on the right side my flats are stored there. As for my packets/bulk items I turn the letters upside down. Absolutely foolproof
With the amount of mail and D2D we now get I limit things to letters in front of large flats with D2D sandwiched if possible but if not behind any real mail. I also flip the first letter round if there is a packet or parcel too. I have done this for fifteen years and when I took over a round prepped by someone else who had gone home sick it was a nightmare.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72767
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: anybody else do this ?
It works in the rain. It keeps the brown envelopes better protected, as they always look the worse for wear when they get wet.clashcityrocker wrote:That's got to be one of the stupidest ideas I've ever heard of.ivan frankfurt wrote:I've been prepping my walks in colour order, white left side mixed colours in the middle and on the right side my flats are stored there. As for my packets/bulk items I turn the letters upside down. Absolutely foolproof
I'll be trying it tomorrow.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: anybody else do this ?
i will shove the mag to the right on a single slot fitting . anyway the expect you to throw your mech in on arrival before IPScomeracing wrote:ive done this for 15 + years when im putting mail in my frame I always put flats and mags in first then sequenced mail and letters last,so the big stuff on the right of your slot and smaller stuff on the left,i find this a lot easier on delivery less fumbling about etc,not many do this in our office letters are often tucked behind a4 size flats etc,anyone else out there do my method
-
whippet
- Posts: 35
- Joined: 20 Nov 2010, 17:50
- Gender: Female
Re: anybody else do this ?
WOW!NewPostieUK wrote:Yes, I must be pretty lucky. Both mine and my P&L partner have no double slots at all. I've done about ten duties in my office, and only one has had double slots. That was a nightmare, I don't know how you get by with a load of doubles.
That must be a dream fitting.
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: anybody else do this ?
Because you don't sit and sort them out between flats and letters, you just put them in...........in whatever way they come.NewPostieUK wrote:What difference would that make? They still have to be sorted into the duty frame.DGP1 wrote:Seems like these people don't have the new ips frames which mix letters and flats in together
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
pokos27
- Posts: 657
- Joined: 15 Apr 2010, 19:32
- Gender: Male
Re: anybody else do this ?
just 8 d2d in each slot, no room for letters