No I just read the summary prospectus and that was enough for me to be honest.cloherty1976 wrote:RobertT did you read all 447 pages as I just read the first 50 and that was it for me. Interesting reading all the same.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
priority shares
-
RobertT
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 6703
- Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 14:26
- Gender: Male
Re: priority shares
Links to all RM pension related websites are here
-
RobertT
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 6703
- Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 14:26
- Gender: Male
Re: priority shares
Some nice shiny free shares will be coming your way soon then.Godric wrote:I have to admit I put my share offer where I put all correspondence from Royal Mail ...... in my blue wheelie bin
Links to all RM pension related websites are here
-
anTi
- Posts: 380
- Joined: 19 Oct 2009, 15:54
- Gender: Male
Re: priority shares
With every 'city' boy squealing about it you'd be a fool not to jump on the gravy train.
-
Godric
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 855
- Joined: 17 Oct 2009, 12:08
- Gender: Male
- Location: The Kingdom of Alba
Re: priority shares
RobertT wrote:Some nice shiny free shares will be coming your way soon then.Godric wrote:I have to admit I put my share offer where I put all correspondence from Royal Mail ...... in my blue wheelie bin
they will be as well going in the blue wheelie bin because come 3 years time when they can be cashed .... they won't be worth the paper they are written on
"Vi har haft århundraden av kärlek och tillit till varandra."
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: priority shares
You won't mind selling me yours for £500 now then?Godric wrote:RobertT wrote:Some nice shiny free shares will be coming your way soon then.Godric wrote:I have to admit I put my share offer where I put all correspondence from Royal Mail ...... in my blue wheelie bin
they will be as well going in the blue wheelie bin because come 3 years time when they can be cashed .... they won't be worth the paper they are written on
-
Sergeant Blast
- Posts: 140
- Joined: 24 Feb 2010, 22:09
- Gender: Male
- Location: Up North
Re: priority shares
What do you base that assumption on?Godric wrote:RobertT wrote:Some nice shiny free shares will be coming your way soon then.Godric wrote:I have to admit I put my share offer where I put all correspondence from Royal Mail ...... in my blue wheelie bin
they will be as well going in the blue wheelie bin because come 3 years time when they can be cashed .... they won't be worth the paper they are written on
-
dt123
- Posts: 29
- Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 13:00
Re: priority shares
I really do hope that a lot of the posters on this thread are managers, if not then i seriously worry about achieving that vital yes vote. Greed is such a powerful drug.
-
dubdaz
- Posts: 264
- Joined: 06 Jun 2007, 15:55
- Gender: Male
- Location: london borough in kent
Re: priority shares
Greed,really? me and the wife have a couple of (hard earned)grand in the bank earning next to no interest,so we bought some shares in the company I've worked 27 years for. We're gonna get shafted by my employer in the long run so we figure if there's a quick profit to be made first who's better qualified to have it than postman themselves?
Any married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people remembering the same thing.
-
dubdaz
- Posts: 264
- Joined: 06 Jun 2007, 15:55
- Gender: Male
- Location: london borough in kent
Re: priority shares
clashcityrocker wrote:So if they were going to gas the Jews anyway, what was wrong with taking their gold fillings?OnAFlyer wrote:
It's happening like it or not, so you might as well try and make some money out of it.
"Godwins law'?
Any married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people remembering the same thing.
-
Godric
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 855
- Joined: 17 Oct 2009, 12:08
- Gender: Male
- Location: The Kingdom of Alba
Re: priority shares
Sergeant Blast wrote:What do you base that assumption on?Godric wrote:RobertT wrote:Some nice shiny free shares will be coming your way soon then.Godric wrote:I have to admit I put my share offer where I put all correspondence from Royal Mail ...... in my blue wheelie bin
they will be as well going in the blue wheelie bin because come 3 years time when they can be cashed .... they won't be worth the paper they are written on
Tnt
and for me September the 18th 2014
"Vi har haft århundraden av kärlek och tillit till varandra."
-
dt123
- Posts: 29
- Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 13:00
Re: priority shares
Greed..yes..really, and I couldn't have given a better example.dubdaz wrote:Greed,really? me and the wife have a couple of (hard earned)grand in the bank earning next to no interest,so we bought some shares in the company I've worked 27 years for. We're gonna get shafted by my employer in the long run so we figure if there's a quick profit to be made first who's better qualified to have it than postman themselves?
-
flaminmoses
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 819
- Joined: 05 Jul 2009, 14:17
- Gender: Male
Re: priority shares
Ive gone in for some risky trades in the last 6 months....santander in spain (not the uk shares).
royal mail is way too risky even for me.
royal mail is way too risky even for me.
-
RobertT
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 6703
- Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 14:26
- Gender: Male
Re: priority shares
dt123 you seem very good at casting aspersions but there's no substance to your comments, so would you mind answering a few questions please.dt123 wrote:Greed..yes..really, and I couldn't have given a better example.dubdaz wrote:Greed,really? me and the wife have a couple of (hard earned)grand in the bank earning next to no interest,so we bought some shares in the company I've worked 27 years for. We're gonna get shafted by my employer in the long run so we figure if there's a quick profit to be made first who's better qualified to have it than postman themselves?
Why is it greed?
Why have you got a problem with what others choose to do with their own money?
What difference does it make to you whether some posties buy a few extra shares instead of Joe Public or pension fund managers?
If our t&c’s are changed in the future, will it really matter that a small percentage of employees have a few extra shares?
Isn’t a slightly higher percentage of employee shareholders actually a good thing?
Links to all RM pension related websites are here
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: priority shares
What kind of profit margin are we talking about really here?
The shares are likely to hit the ground at the higher estimate of £3.30.
If things go exceptionally well they may climb to £4.00
That's something like 28% minus the bits and bobs for trading you might walk out with 20%.
That's a decent return IF all goes well but how much are you guys putting up?
Anything more than a couple of grand for guys in our financial position is risky so at best case scenario and for all the high brow city slicker bollocks on this thread you might make about £400....less tax.
I could think of less morally dubious ways to make £400,like prostitution.
The shares are likely to hit the ground at the higher estimate of £3.30.
If things go exceptionally well they may climb to £4.00
That's something like 28% minus the bits and bobs for trading you might walk out with 20%.
That's a decent return IF all goes well but how much are you guys putting up?
Anything more than a couple of grand for guys in our financial position is risky so at best case scenario and for all the high brow city slicker bollocks on this thread you might make about £400....less tax.
I could think of less morally dubious ways to make £400,like prostitution.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
cloherty1976
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 1236
- Joined: 11 Mar 2010, 12:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: The south
Re: priority shares
I know we are just postpersons but some have worked hard all there life's why shouldn't they make a few quid. You only have to have a look in the car park what cars are there. It's like saying someone who drives a jag to work should only drive a fiesta.