ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

priority shares

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
RobertT
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 6703
Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 14:26
Gender: Male

Re: priority shares

Post by RobertT »

cloherty1976 wrote:RobertT did you read all 447 pages as I just read the first 50 and that was it for me. Interesting reading all the same.
No I just read the summary prospectus and that was enough for me to be honest.
Links to all RM pension related websites are here
RobertT
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 6703
Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 14:26
Gender: Male

Re: priority shares

Post by RobertT »

Godric wrote:I have to admit I put my share offer where I put all correspondence from Royal Mail ...... in my blue wheelie bin :thumbup
Some nice shiny free shares will be coming your way soon then. :dance
Links to all RM pension related websites are here
anTi
Posts: 380
Joined: 19 Oct 2009, 15:54
Gender: Male

Re: priority shares

Post by anTi »

With every 'city' boy squealing about it you'd be a fool not to jump on the gravy train.
Godric
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 855
Joined: 17 Oct 2009, 12:08
Gender: Male
Location: The Kingdom of Alba

Re: priority shares

Post by Godric »

RobertT wrote:
Godric wrote:I have to admit I put my share offer where I put all correspondence from Royal Mail ...... in my blue wheelie bin :thumbup
Some nice shiny free shares will be coming your way soon then. :dance

they will be as well going in the blue wheelie bin because come 3 years time when they can be cashed .... they won't be worth the paper they are written on
"Vi har haft århundraden av kärlek och tillit till varandra."
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: priority shares

Post by OnAFlyer »

Godric wrote:
RobertT wrote:
Godric wrote:I have to admit I put my share offer where I put all correspondence from Royal Mail ...... in my blue wheelie bin :thumbup
Some nice shiny free shares will be coming your way soon then. :dance

they will be as well going in the blue wheelie bin because come 3 years time when they can be cashed .... they won't be worth the paper they are written on
You won't mind selling me yours for £500 now then?
Sergeant Blast
Posts: 140
Joined: 24 Feb 2010, 22:09
Gender: Male
Location: Up North

Re: priority shares

Post by Sergeant Blast »

Godric wrote:
RobertT wrote:
Godric wrote:I have to admit I put my share offer where I put all correspondence from Royal Mail ...... in my blue wheelie bin :thumbup
Some nice shiny free shares will be coming your way soon then. :dance

they will be as well going in the blue wheelie bin because come 3 years time when they can be cashed .... they won't be worth the paper they are written on
What do you base that assumption on?
dt123
Posts: 29
Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 13:00

Re: priority shares

Post by dt123 »

I really do hope that a lot of the posters on this thread are managers, if not then i seriously worry about achieving that vital yes vote. Greed is such a powerful drug.
dubdaz
Posts: 264
Joined: 06 Jun 2007, 15:55
Gender: Male
Location: london borough in kent

Re: priority shares

Post by dubdaz »

Greed,really? me and the wife have a couple of (hard earned)grand in the bank earning next to no interest,so we bought some shares in the company I've worked 27 years for. We're gonna get shafted by my employer in the long run so we figure if there's a quick profit to be made first who's better qualified to have it than postman themselves?
Any married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people remembering the same thing.
dubdaz
Posts: 264
Joined: 06 Jun 2007, 15:55
Gender: Male
Location: london borough in kent

Re: priority shares

Post by dubdaz »

clashcityrocker wrote:
OnAFlyer wrote:
It's happening like it or not, so you might as well try and make some money out of it.
So if they were going to gas the Jews anyway, what was wrong with taking their gold fillings?

"Godwins law'?
Any married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people remembering the same thing.
Godric
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 855
Joined: 17 Oct 2009, 12:08
Gender: Male
Location: The Kingdom of Alba

Re: priority shares

Post by Godric »

Sergeant Blast wrote:
Godric wrote:
RobertT wrote:
Godric wrote:I have to admit I put my share offer where I put all correspondence from Royal Mail ...... in my blue wheelie bin :thumbup
Some nice shiny free shares will be coming your way soon then. :dance

they will be as well going in the blue wheelie bin because come 3 years time when they can be cashed .... they won't be worth the paper they are written on
What do you base that assumption on?

Tnt

and for me September the 18th 2014 :thumbup :wave
"Vi har haft århundraden av kärlek och tillit till varandra."
dt123
Posts: 29
Joined: 10 Aug 2007, 13:00

Re: priority shares

Post by dt123 »

dubdaz wrote:Greed,really? me and the wife have a couple of (hard earned)grand in the bank earning next to no interest,so we bought some shares in the company I've worked 27 years for. We're gonna get shafted by my employer in the long run so we figure if there's a quick profit to be made first who's better qualified to have it than postman themselves?
Greed..yes..really, and I couldn't have given a better example.
flaminmoses
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 819
Joined: 05 Jul 2009, 14:17
Gender: Male

Re: priority shares

Post by flaminmoses »

Ive gone in for some risky trades in the last 6 months....santander in spain (not the uk shares).


royal mail is way too risky even for me.
RobertT
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 6703
Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 14:26
Gender: Male

Re: priority shares

Post by RobertT »

dt123 wrote:
dubdaz wrote:Greed,really? me and the wife have a couple of (hard earned)grand in the bank earning next to no interest,so we bought some shares in the company I've worked 27 years for. We're gonna get shafted by my employer in the long run so we figure if there's a quick profit to be made first who's better qualified to have it than postman themselves?
Greed..yes..really, and I couldn't have given a better example.
dt123 you seem very good at casting aspersions but there's no substance to your comments, so would you mind answering a few questions please.

Why is it greed?
Why have you got a problem with what others choose to do with their own money?
What difference does it make to you whether some posties buy a few extra shares instead of Joe Public or pension fund managers?
If our t&c’s are changed in the future, will it really matter that a small percentage of employees have a few extra shares?
Isn’t a slightly higher percentage of employee shareholders actually a good thing?
Links to all RM pension related websites are here
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: priority shares

Post by fishtank »

What kind of profit margin are we talking about really here?
The shares are likely to hit the ground at the higher estimate of £3.30.
If things go exceptionally well they may climb to £4.00
That's something like 28% minus the bits and bobs for trading you might walk out with 20%.
That's a decent return IF all goes well but how much are you guys putting up?

Anything more than a couple of grand for guys in our financial position is risky so at best case scenario and for all the high brow city slicker bollocks on this thread you might make about £400....less tax.

I could think of less morally dubious ways to make £400,like prostitution. :cuppa
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
cloherty1976
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 1236
Joined: 11 Mar 2010, 12:16
Gender: Male
Location: The south

Re: priority shares

Post by cloherty1976 »

I know we are just postpersons but some have worked hard all there life's why shouldn't they make a few quid. You only have to have a look in the car park what cars are there. It's like saying someone who drives a jag to work should only drive a fiesta.