ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

MP wants Crayford to be its own postal town

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

MP wants Crayford to be its own postal town

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.bexleytimes.co.uk/news/mp_wa ... _1_2844828" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bexleyheath and Crayford MP David Evennett met with the Royal Mail in his battle to make Dartford its own postal town.

At the Conservative party conference he met with David Gold, head of public affairs, to argue his case that Crayford should not be lumped in with Dartford.

Mr Evennett said “In terms of size, geography, history and community links, Crayford should be recognised separately by Royal Mail.

“Local people are rightly concerned about this matter. I hope that they will take on board the representations I have made and come up with a solution to this problem.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: MP wants Crayford to be its own postal town

Post by Lounge Lizard »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:http://www.bexleytimes.co.uk/news/mp_wa ... _1_2844828

Bexleyheath and Crayford MP David Evennett met with the Royal Mail in his battle to make Dartford its own postal town.

At the Conservative party conference he met with David Gold, head of public affairs, to argue his case that Crayford should not be lumped in with Dartford.

Mr Evennett said “In terms of size, geography, history and community links, Crayford should be recognised separately by Royal Mail.

“Local people are rightly concerned about this matter. I hope that they will take on board the representations I have made and come up with a solution to this problem.
"come up with a solution to this problem" - if there's a problem it's an MP meddling with such an irrelevance , given that postcodes have long taken over from post towns for sorting, rather than dealing with proper issues. :crazy:
UnhappyGremlin
Posts: 2685
Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: Hiding

Re: MP wants Crayford to be its own postal town

Post by UnhappyGremlin »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:“Local people are rightly concerned about this matter. I hope that they will take on board the representations I have made and come up with a solution to this problem.
Concerned about what?
As long as they get their mail, there is no issue.

And, doesn't the MP have more important things to be doing?
Like filling in an expense form. :whistle
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.