http://www.bexleytimes.co.uk/news/mp_wa ... _1_2844828" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bexleyheath and Crayford MP David Evennett met with the Royal Mail in his battle to make Dartford its own postal town.
At the Conservative party conference he met with David Gold, head of public affairs, to argue his case that Crayford should not be lumped in with Dartford.
Mr Evennett said “In terms of size, geography, history and community links, Crayford should be recognised separately by Royal Mail.
“Local people are rightly concerned about this matter. I hope that they will take on board the representations I have made and come up with a solution to this problem.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
MP wants Crayford to be its own postal town
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72738
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
MP wants Crayford to be its own postal town
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: MP wants Crayford to be its own postal town
"come up with a solution to this problem" - if there's a problem it's an MP meddling with such an irrelevance , given that postcodes have long taken over from post towns for sorting, rather than dealing with proper issues.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:http://www.bexleytimes.co.uk/news/mp_wa ... _1_2844828
Bexleyheath and Crayford MP David Evennett met with the Royal Mail in his battle to make Dartford its own postal town.
At the Conservative party conference he met with David Gold, head of public affairs, to argue his case that Crayford should not be lumped in with Dartford.
Mr Evennett said “In terms of size, geography, history and community links, Crayford should be recognised separately by Royal Mail.
“Local people are rightly concerned about this matter. I hope that they will take on board the representations I have made and come up with a solution to this problem.
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: MP wants Crayford to be its own postal town
Concerned about what?TrueBlueTerrier wrote:“Local people are rightly concerned about this matter. I hope that they will take on board the representations I have made and come up with a solution to this problem.
As long as they get their mail, there is no issue.
And, doesn't the MP have more important things to be doing?
Like filling in an expense form.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.