ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
How Late is a Late Delivery?
-
Barbel
- Posts: 593
- Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
- Gender: Male
Re: How Late is a Late Delivery?
I always get funny looks off people when I return late, today it was 3 as I didn't start delivering until 11.30 due to not starting until 10. It makes me feel bad like I'm really slow.
-
Stella102
- Posts: 597
- Joined: 06 Aug 2011, 19:32
- Gender: Male
Re: How Late is a Late Delivery?
very true you pretty much narrowed down the office in that post, and no doubt a manager is browsing these forumsfishtank wrote:Take some of the details off your post please Dorset.
He might not have had permission to be doing whatever it was he was doing at half eight at night.
-
redandblue
- Posts: 104
- Joined: 24 Jul 2013, 21:42
- Gender: Male
Re: How Late is a Late Delivery?
Friend of mine had a delivery of mail at 22.30 one evening 
What the hell is going on?
Do people really need money that badly?
What the hell is going on?
Do people really need money that badly?
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: How Late is a Late Delivery?
how would you see a red polo shirt on the driver at 830 pm on 24th sept it would be pitch darkDorset Plodder wrote:I was driving on the Wimbourne to Poole Rd last Tuesday when I nearly had the front off my car taken off by a Royal Mail Van. Not so surprised by the erratic driving...that seems par for the course...but it was 20.30hrs!![]()
Many options flashed through my head as the young dark haired driver had a red polo shirt on....so I ruled out mechanics moving vehicles about....but also ruled out collections at that time of night. The van number turned off towards Bournemouth so I can only assume they're putting in some overtime over there.
Couple of days later, on Thursday, I was in the Overton area, in a small village near Basingstoke (Hampshire), and loe and behold there was a Postie plodding down the road with a new style HCT (with wobbly wheels) at 16.50hrs!![]()
What is going on out there guys? Is this just a bit of lapsing or are these Posties putting in some SERIOUS EXCESS.?
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: How Late is a Late Delivery?
I saw it in my headlights about 6ft away ....just as my life was flashing before my eyes! 
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: How Late is a Late Delivery?
maybe it was a postie who takes a van home nipping to the shop ?Dorset Plodder wrote:I saw it in my headlights about 6ft away ....just as my life was flashing before my eyes!
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: How Late is a Late Delivery?
Could very well be............ I was just interested to know if that particular area had late mail runs or what?
We always judge Deliveries by our own Offices, and it's always surprising when you find out what other Offices get up to! 
IF I was using a van late at night, as you suggest, I'd like to think I'd have been taking it a bit easier....this guy was going so fast he nearly went backwards in time!
IF I was using a van late at night, as you suggest, I'd like to think I'd have been taking it a bit easier....this guy was going so fast he nearly went backwards in time!
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
Shambles
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 736
- Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 21:30
- Gender: Female
- Location: Tree house
Re: How Late is a Late Delivery?
I love your avatar....Sooo GroovyBarbel wrote:I always get funny looks off people when I return late, today it was 3 as I didn't start delivering until 11.30 due to not starting until 10. It makes me feel bad like I'm really slow.
I have No Friends,
Or Enemies....
Only Teachers.
Or Enemies....
Only Teachers.
-
Mr_Pink
- Posts: 163
- Joined: 14 Jun 2013, 22:09
- Gender: Male
Re: How Late is a Late Delivery?
We have a late run SA from DO to MC at our place, leaves DO at 7 ish probably gets back around 8:30
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: How Late is a Late Delivery?
That's probably the sort of thing Mr Pink. Just surprises you when you see Posties out that late. 
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: How Late is a Late Delivery?
Mystery seems to be solved. Apparently the local delivery office has to return all their van keys to the Mail Centre when they've finished their Deliveries.
The Mail Centre are then able to use the "Delivery" vans for late collections, Miss-sort runs etc.
The Mail Centre are then able to use the "Delivery" vans for late collections, Miss-sort runs etc.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)