ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

How Late is a Late Delivery?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Barbel
Posts: 593
Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
Gender: Male

Re: How Late is a Late Delivery?

Post by Barbel »

I always get funny looks off people when I return late, today it was 3 as I didn't start delivering until 11.30 due to not starting until 10. It makes me feel bad like I'm really slow.
Stella102
Posts: 597
Joined: 06 Aug 2011, 19:32
Gender: Male

Re: How Late is a Late Delivery?

Post by Stella102 »

fishtank wrote:Take some of the details off your post please Dorset.
He might not have had permission to be doing whatever it was he was doing at half eight at night.
very true you pretty much narrowed down the office in that post, and no doubt a manager is browsing these forums
redandblue
Posts: 104
Joined: 24 Jul 2013, 21:42
Gender: Male

Re: How Late is a Late Delivery?

Post by redandblue »

Friend of mine had a delivery of mail at 22.30 one evening :crazy:
What the hell is going on?
Do people really need money that badly?
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: How Late is a Late Delivery?

Post by arnold cheshire »

Dorset Plodder wrote:I was driving on the Wimbourne to Poole Rd last Tuesday when I nearly had the front off my car taken off by a Royal Mail Van. Not so surprised by the erratic driving...that seems par for the course...but it was 20.30hrs! :shock:

Many options flashed through my head as the young dark haired driver had a red polo shirt on....so I ruled out mechanics moving vehicles about....but also ruled out collections at that time of night. The van number turned off towards Bournemouth so I can only assume they're putting in some overtime over there. :crazy:

Couple of days later, on Thursday, I was in the Overton area, in a small village near Basingstoke (Hampshire), and loe and behold there was a Postie plodding down the road with a new style HCT (with wobbly wheels) at 16.50hrs! :shock:

What is going on out there guys? Is this just a bit of lapsing or are these Posties putting in some SERIOUS EXCESS.? :hmmmm
how would you see a red polo shirt on the driver at 830 pm on 24th sept it would be pitch dark :thumbup
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: How Late is a Late Delivery?

Post by Dorset Plodder »

I saw it in my headlights about 6ft away ....just as my life was flashing before my eyes! :wink:
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: How Late is a Late Delivery?

Post by arnold cheshire »

Dorset Plodder wrote:I saw it in my headlights about 6ft away ....just as my life was flashing before my eyes! :wink:
maybe it was a postie who takes a van home nipping to the shop ?
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: How Late is a Late Delivery?

Post by Dorset Plodder »

Could very well be............ I was just interested to know if that particular area had late mail runs or what? :hmmmm We always judge Deliveries by our own Offices, and it's always surprising when you find out what other Offices get up to! :shock:

IF I was using a van late at night, as you suggest, I'd like to think I'd have been taking it a bit easier....this guy was going so fast he nearly went backwards in time! :wave
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
Shambles
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 736
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 21:30
Gender: Female
Location: Tree house

Re: How Late is a Late Delivery?

Post by Shambles »

Barbel wrote:I always get funny looks off people when I return late, today it was 3 as I didn't start delivering until 11.30 due to not starting until 10. It makes me feel bad like I'm really slow.
I love your avatar....Sooo Groovy :chuckle
I have No Friends,
Or Enemies....
Only Teachers.
Mr_Pink
Posts: 163
Joined: 14 Jun 2013, 22:09
Gender: Male

Re: How Late is a Late Delivery?

Post by Mr_Pink »

We have a late run SA from DO to MC at our place, leaves DO at 7 ish probably gets back around 8:30
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: How Late is a Late Delivery?

Post by Dorset Plodder »

That's probably the sort of thing Mr Pink. Just surprises you when you see Posties out that late. :shock:
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: How Late is a Late Delivery?

Post by Dorset Plodder »

Mystery seems to be solved. Apparently the local delivery office has to return all their van keys to the Mail Centre when they've finished their Deliveries.

The Mail Centre are then able to use the "Delivery" vans for late collections, Miss-sort runs etc. :Very Happy
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)