TrueBlueTerrier wrote:My gran always thought it was on the South Coast during the War.Shambles wrote:Don't worry, Coventry is actually quite nice![]()
![]()
Apologies for inflicting you all with a random Grandmother memory.![]()
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Misdelivery...
-
Shambles
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 736
- Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 21:30
- Gender: Female
- Location: Tree house
Re: Misdelivery...
I have No Friends,
Or Enemies....
Only Teachers.
Or Enemies....
Only Teachers.
-
Chelseablue
- Posts: 2228
- Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
- Gender: Female
Re: Misdelivery...
I misdelivered a normal letter the day ,, happens because we're human . Always seems to be near end of my delivery when you're exhausted though ,,,
-
lala
- Posts: 189
- Joined: 19 Oct 2012, 19:57
- Gender: Male
Re: Misdelivery...
There are actually cards for that? If nobody is home I write on a 739 - never realised there was a card for the occasion!Caniel wrote:If you've realised you've done it knock the door and try to recover the item. If there's no answer pop a P6543 card through the door, that's one of the "sorry I posted the wrong thing through your door card" then try and recover the item the following day if you can.
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Misdelivery...
16 years and I've never seen one of those cards in our office.Caniel wrote:If you've realised you've done it knock the door and try to recover the item. If there's no answer pop a P6543 card through the door, that's one of the "sorry I posted the wrong thing through your door card" then try and recover the item the following day if you can.
There a guy who works with us who missorts unbelievable amounts of mail, the PT guy who's walk he used to prep kept a note of how many missorts he had each day, 50+ was the norm and he once had over 100
Last edited by OnAFlyer on 11 Sep 2013, 16:13, edited 1 time in total.
-
Pinky 1
- Posts: 1510
- Joined: 01 Mar 2009, 11:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Wales
Re: Misdelivery...
We used to have them cards in our office but we were using too many of them.Caniel wrote:If you've realised you've done it knock the door and try to recover the item. If there's no answer pop a P6543 card through the door, that's one of the "sorry I posted the wrong thing through your door card" then try and recover the item the following day if you can.
DOM saved a few bob on his budget when we stopped reordering them
"Cara yn bod 'n briod , dydy 'n fawr at ca a hun 'n anad berson a 'ch angen at blina achos 'r bwyso chan 'ch buchedd "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "
-
WornOutPosty
- Posts: 158
- Joined: 01 Oct 2012, 20:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Misdelivery...
We all miss deliver most heavy days probably without knowing it. I don't care if I mis-deliver, it's mainly junk. The correct street is the aim, the house is the ultimate target 
-
BingBong
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 755
- Joined: 12 May 2011, 12:36
- Gender: Female
- Location: the north
Re: Misdelivery...
of course, ive misdelivered before but our last DOM was fair (sounds impossible I know) and knew a mistake for a mistake but this new guy is just looking to cut numbers, In preparation for our incoming revision i feel.
Toon Army!
-
chrisj
- Posts: 1883
- Joined: 21 Dec 2010, 16:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Misdelivery...
Even if you are not sure, its still better to write on a P739 'Sorry' I might have delivered a wrong letter' and if sure then state the fact. Make sure you put a cross on the back and across the 'Your Item' sections.
Most customer will understand.
Having said the above, mis-deliveries count for a high number of complaints. Perhaps the one of the top 3, if not the top because it is easily done. And it goes up on the wall of shame along other complaints like redirection fails, P739 cards and keep safe et all.
Most customer will understand.
Having said the above, mis-deliveries count for a high number of complaints. Perhaps the one of the top 3, if not the top because it is easily done. And it goes up on the wall of shame along other complaints like redirection fails, P739 cards and keep safe et all.