ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Misdelivery...

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Shambles
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 736
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 21:30
Gender: Female
Location: Tree house

Re: Misdelivery...

Post by Shambles »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
Shambles wrote:Don't worry, Coventry is actually quite nice :cuppa
My gran always thought it was on the South Coast during the War. :left: :left:

Apologies for inflicting you all with a random Grandmother memory. :oops: :oops:
:chuckle you little Gem :wink:
I have No Friends,
Or Enemies....
Only Teachers.
Chelseablue
Posts: 2228
Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
Gender: Female

Re: Misdelivery...

Post by Chelseablue »

I misdelivered a normal letter the day ,, happens because we're human . Always seems to be near end of my delivery when you're exhausted though ,,,
lala
Posts: 189
Joined: 19 Oct 2012, 19:57
Gender: Male

Re: Misdelivery...

Post by lala »

Caniel wrote:If you've realised you've done it knock the door and try to recover the item. If there's no answer pop a P6543 card through the door, that's one of the "sorry I posted the wrong thing through your door card" then try and recover the item the following day if you can.
There are actually cards for that? If nobody is home I write on a 739 - never realised there was a card for the occasion!
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: Misdelivery...

Post by OnAFlyer »

Caniel wrote:If you've realised you've done it knock the door and try to recover the item. If there's no answer pop a P6543 card through the door, that's one of the "sorry I posted the wrong thing through your door card" then try and recover the item the following day if you can.
16 years and I've never seen one of those cards in our office.

There a guy who works with us who missorts unbelievable amounts of mail, the PT guy who's walk he used to prep kept a note of how many missorts he had each day, 50+ was the norm and he once had over 100 :shock:
Last edited by OnAFlyer on 11 Sep 2013, 16:13, edited 1 time in total.
Pinky 1
Posts: 1510
Joined: 01 Mar 2009, 11:38
Gender: Male
Location: Wales

Re: Misdelivery...

Post by Pinky 1 »

Caniel wrote:If you've realised you've done it knock the door and try to recover the item. If there's no answer pop a P6543 card through the door, that's one of the "sorry I posted the wrong thing through your door card" then try and recover the item the following day if you can.
We used to have them cards in our office but we were using too many of them. :left:

DOM saved a few bob on his budget when we stopped reordering them :cuppa
"Cara yn bod 'n briod , dydy 'n fawr at ca a hun 'n anad berson a 'ch angen at blina achos 'r bwyso chan 'ch buchedd "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "
WornOutPosty
Posts: 158
Joined: 01 Oct 2012, 20:07
Gender: Male

Re: Misdelivery...

Post by WornOutPosty »

We all miss deliver most heavy days probably without knowing it. I don't care if I mis-deliver, it's mainly junk. The correct street is the aim, the house is the ultimate target :Very Happy
BingBong
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 755
Joined: 12 May 2011, 12:36
Gender: Female
Location: the north

Re: Misdelivery...

Post by BingBong »

of course, ive misdelivered before but our last DOM was fair (sounds impossible I know) and knew a mistake for a mistake but this new guy is just looking to cut numbers, In preparation for our incoming revision i feel.
Toon Army!
chrisj
Posts: 1883
Joined: 21 Dec 2010, 16:24
Gender: Male

Re: Misdelivery...

Post by chrisj »

Even if you are not sure, its still better to write on a P739 'Sorry' I might have delivered a wrong letter' and if sure then state the fact. Make sure you put a cross on the back and across the 'Your Item' sections.

Most customer will understand.

Having said the above, mis-deliveries count for a high number of complaints. Perhaps the one of the top 3, if not the top because it is easily done. And it goes up on the wall of shame along other complaints like redirection fails, P739 cards and keep safe et all.