ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

coming in early

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Cedar_Room
Posts: 826
Joined: 31 Aug 2007, 14:09

Re: coming in early

Post by Cedar_Room »

scoobydo79 wrote:Times are a changing.People that come in early and dont take their breaks are suddenly finding that rather than goin for a fag and going home early are now given sorting to do thanks to a manager thats on the ball in our office :nana Its funny to watch them :chuckle
Doesn't happen at ours.

I know for a fact that some people are coming back up to an hour (sometimes more) early,even on the heavier days.

Managers don't care...all they are arsed about is getting the mail out & walks covered.

It's the folk who can't or won't lapse that cause them the headaches.
“Shorts,in this weather?!”

“If they’re bills I don’t want ‘em!”

“What’s she been ordering now?”
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: coming in early

Post by OnAFlyer »

chickenwittle wrote:
OnAFlyer wrote:Jesus H Christ :roll: This is ranted about in just about every thread on this forum, do we really need another thread on it?

And no I don't!
your user name says it all. :thumbdown
I don't work for free, in on time and I never work over my time, end of. In between that though I don't take the piss and work at a good pace.

People come in early at every office, always have always will. Some come in early in my office so they can finish on time, you can argue with people like that so why bother trying.
Pat Ostman
Posts: 2797
Joined: 17 Sep 2008, 21:53
Gender: Male
Location: In the Line Managers office being screwed over.

Re: coming in early

Post by Pat Ostman »

This thread is really confusing. Are we talking about paid overtime or working for free.

I see starting early paid as no difference to picking up overtime at end of your shift.

So can someone please elaborate. This thread is a rant, about what I'm not entirely sure.
Run, rabbit run. Dig that hole, forget the sun.
And when at last the work is done. Don't sit down, it's time to dig another one
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: coming in early

Post by OnAFlyer »

Pat Ostman wrote:This thread is really confusing. Are we talking about paid overtime or working for free.

I see starting early paid as no difference to picking up overtime at end of your shift.

So can someone please elaborate. This thread is a rant, about what I'm not entirely sure.
It's about people going in early for free, the same thing that's ranted about on virtually every thread on this forum.

If you're being paid OT then of course it doesn't apply.
Chelseablue
Posts: 2228
Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
Gender: Female

Re: coming in early

Post by Chelseablue »

Bit touchy bout this subject ,,on a flier,,
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: coming in early

Post by k979aaa »

Clock in Clock out if you turn in early you don't get paid if you come back early you get paid less if you go over your contracted hours you will be paid overtime at a good rate. This is the very least our union should insist in our front line delivery operations it is a record of the full hours worked and no manager should leave the office till the last man/woman back!
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Re: coming in early

Post by Darren Bent »

IT is only ok when you have to attend something ie
family wedding at 3pm for example
Football match on Saturday afternoon
or catch a flight

Not because you want to finish early for no good reason.
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: coming in early

Post by OnAFlyer »

Chelseablue wrote:Bit touchy bout this subject ,,on a flier,,

Only because literally every thread on this forum becomes an off topic rant about people going in early, I'm sure some plonkers are convinced modernisation and revisions wouldn't happen if everyone started on time. :roll:

And I'll say it again, no I don't go in early. I used to when we finished hours before time but stopped long ago.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Re: coming in early

Post by aiden01 »

OnAFlyer wrote:
Chelseablue wrote:Bit touchy bout this subject ,,on a flier,,

Only because literally every thread on this forum becomes an off topic rant about people going in early, I'm sure some plonkers are convinced modernisation and revisions wouldn't happen if everyone started on time. :roll:

And I'll say it again, no I don't go in early. I used to when we finished hours before time but stopped long ago.
So you are admitting you are 1of the one,s who used to go in early and have now ruined the job for delivery staff what goes round comes round no point in critiscing other posties when you have done it also no matter how long ago :crazy:
bigcol
Posts: 404
Joined: 21 Jun 2010, 13:29
Gender: Male
Location: Officially the worst DO

Re: coming in early

Post by bigcol »

aiden01 wrote:So you are admitting you are 1of the one,s who used to go in early and have now ruined the job for delivery staff what goes round comes round no point in critiscing other posties when you have done it also no matter how long ago :crazy:
:left: How does coming in earlier make a difference when you are on job and knock? :crazy:
cloherty1976
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 1236
Joined: 11 Mar 2010, 12:16
Gender: Male
Location: The south

Re: coming in early

Post by cloherty1976 »

Quick question the delivery offices I deliver too are opened by postman and not managers.. So can you blame a manager for this?
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: coming in early

Post by OnAFlyer »

aiden01 wrote:
OnAFlyer wrote:
Chelseablue wrote:Bit touchy bout this subject ,,on a flier,,

Only because literally every thread on this forum becomes an off topic rant about people going in early, I'm sure some plonkers are convinced modernisation and revisions wouldn't happen if everyone started on time. :roll:

And I'll say it again, no I don't go in early. I used to when we finished hours before time but stopped long ago.
So you are admitting you are 1of the one,s who used to go in early and have now ruined the job for delivery staff what goes round comes round no point in critiscing other posties when you have done it also no matter how long ago :crazy:

It didn't take long for one of said plonkers to turn up. :crazy:
Chelseablue
Posts: 2228
Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
Gender: Female

Re: coming in early

Post by Chelseablue »

Well said Aidan , he came in early before now thinks he's god because he starts at his time now ,,, should've bin doin that all the time
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72767
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: coming in early

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

cloherty1976 wrote:Quick question the delivery offices I deliver too are opened by postman and not managers.. So can you blame a manager for this?
No its a duty - but your slip is starting to show.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72767
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: coming in early

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Chelseablue wrote:Well said Aidan , he came in early before now thinks he's god because he starts at his time now ,,, should've bin doin that all the time
So your saying a converted sinner should not be allowed back into the fold. A bit short sighted and pointless if I may be so bold. I'd rather have an early starter converted to following the guidelines and preaching to the masses, he may convert more.

Yes, he should have been doing it anyway, but pointing out the obvious when he is already doing what you want, I'm not sure what your drawing attention to.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.