have to deliver several newspapers as well
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
How many customers offered you a drink 13/7/2013
-
eian687
- Posts: 743
- Joined: 27 May 2007, 09:43
- Location: south wales
Re: How many customers offered you a drink 13/7/2013
covered a rural round, stop at one farm every day and am offered a choice of tea, coffee or cold squash and some biscuits.
have to deliver several newspapers as well

have to deliver several newspapers as well
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: How many customers offered you a drink 13/7/2013
eian687 wrote:covered a rural round, stop at one farm every day and am offered a choice of tea, coffee or cold squash and some biscuits.
have to deliver several newspapers as well
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: How many customers offered you a drink 13/7/2013
do you go the shop to buy the newspapers ?eian687 wrote:covered a rural round, stop at one farm every day and am offered a choice of tea, coffee or cold squash and some biscuits.
have to deliver several newspapers as well
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72767
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: How many customers offered you a drink 13/7/2013
A bit uncalled for.bringon4dayweeks wrote:eian687 wrote:covered a rural round, stop at one farm every day and am offered a choice of tea, coffee or cold squash and some biscuits.
have to deliver several newspapers as well
Why its a service we provide (page 23)bringon4dayweeks wrote: do you go the shop to buy the newspapers ?
http://www.royalmail.com/sites/default/ ... NG_50p.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rural Newspaper Delivery – is a newspaper distribution service on behalf of newspaper distribution
companies, newsagents and other outlets to customers located in remote areas.
Service Price
Rural Newspaper Delivery £1.55
The price in this table excludes VAT, which is charged at the standard rate
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
eian687
- Posts: 743
- Joined: 27 May 2007, 09:43
- Location: south wales
Re: How many customers offered you a drink 13/7/2013
they pay or give vouchers for thembringon4dayweeks wrote:do you go the shop to buy the newspapers ?eian687 wrote:covered a rural round, stop at one farm every day and am offered a choice of tea, coffee or cold squash and some biscuits.
have to deliver several newspapers as well
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: How many customers offered you a drink 13/7/2013
I've been offered a drink twice in 16 years. I did my old walk for 10 years, got loads of tips at Christmas and knew nearly everyone but was offered a cup of tea once in all that time.
Maybe I'm just a tw*t.
Maybe I'm just a tw*t.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: How many customers offered you a drink 13/7/2013
i was offered a magnumwazz wrote:So like the title says. It was very very hot day today.
1 customer offered me a drink. Who had a special. I said no thanks cuz I was fasting (Ramadan)
I usually carry a 2 litre frozen water bottle
I been on this delivery around 2 years now.
So how many customers offered u a drink ?
-
anTi
- Posts: 380
- Joined: 19 Oct 2009, 15:54
- Gender: Male
Re: How many customers offered you a drink 13/7/2013
hehe, yes one did. I refused. Was a jehovah y'see...
-
Regal
- Posts: 132
- Joined: 03 Nov 2007, 13:34
- Gender: Male
- Location: Yorkshire
Re: How many customers offered you a drink 13/7/2013
Well i delivery to Shane Macgowens house so its abit hard not to get offered a drink!
Although the litre flask of tea i have is enough.
Although the litre flask of tea i have is enough.
Tomorrow Never Knows
-
flimflamman
- Posts: 91
- Joined: 09 Aug 2009, 07:01
- Gender: Female
Re: How many customers offered you a drink 13/7/2013
23 years on delivery and have never been offered a drink,the window cleaner and dustbin men on my round get an unlimited amount of tea and biscuits and also a bacon butty from the sandwich shop,but im not bothered i just get on with it,[img]%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20[/img]
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: How many customers offered you a drink 13/7/2013
wow shane macgowenRegal wrote:Well i delivery to Shane Macgowens house so its abit hard not to get offered a drink!
Although the litre flask of tea i have is enough.
-
RedBagMan
- Posts: 1010
- Joined: 01 Aug 2010, 17:53
- Gender: Male
- Location: Behind the lens
Re: How many customers offered you a drink 13/7/2013
Nice !!!!bringon4dayweeks wrote:i was offered a magnumwazz wrote:So like the title says. It was very very hot day today.
1 customer offered me a drink. Who had a special. I said no thanks cuz I was fasting (Ramadan)
I usually carry a 2 litre frozen water bottle
I been on this delivery around 2 years now.
So how many customers offered u a drink ?

"We're under model" - oh no we're not - stick your lapse elsewhere ...
-
mailmonkey
- Posts: 431
- Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 22:12
- Gender: Male
Re: How many customers offered you a drink 13/7/2013
were you feeling lucky?bringon4dayweeks wrote:i was offered a magnumwazz wrote:So like the title says. It was very very hot day today.
1 customer offered me a drink. Who had a special. I said no thanks cuz I was fasting (Ramadan)
I usually carry a 2 litre frozen water bottle
I been on this delivery around 2 years now.
So how many customers offered u a drink ?

-
Bernardson
- Posts: 320
- Joined: 11 Dec 2007, 23:22
Re: How many customers offered you a drink 13/7/2013
If I do I make sure its a clean housepostiemids wrote:nice i might try that :-)Sherpas Rule wrote:I knock on doors to get my bottle refilled, has often ended up with a can of cold juice or beer instead!
I often get offered some squash or a cup of tea . I know we get moaning customers but there's some nice one out there too
-
andy3665
- Posts: 89
- Joined: 08 Jul 2012, 21:58
- Gender: Male
Re: How many customers offered you a drink 13/7/2013
That must be a picture for the courier!!! Bikini wearing post women!!!Caniel wrote:None has offered me anything last week when it was boiling then this week I wore just my Bikini again under the High-Viz like last year and I had loads of people offering me a bottle of water or a soft drink
I put mine on today but got sent home