ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

How many customers offered you a drink 13/7/2013

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
eian687
Posts: 743
Joined: 27 May 2007, 09:43
Location: south wales

Re: How many customers offered you a drink 13/7/2013

Post by eian687 »

covered a rural round, stop at one farm every day and am offered a choice of tea, coffee or cold squash and some biscuits.
have to deliver several newspapers as well
:cuppa
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: How many customers offered you a drink 13/7/2013

Post by arnold cheshire »

eian687 wrote:covered a rural round, stop at one farm every day and am offered a choice of tea, coffee or cold squash and some biscuits.
have to deliver several newspapers as well
:cuppa
;liar
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: How many customers offered you a drink 13/7/2013

Post by arnold cheshire »

eian687 wrote:covered a rural round, stop at one farm every day and am offered a choice of tea, coffee or cold squash and some biscuits.
have to deliver several newspapers as well
:cuppa
do you go the shop to buy the newspapers ?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72767
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: How many customers offered you a drink 13/7/2013

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

bringon4dayweeks wrote:
eian687 wrote:covered a rural round, stop at one farm every day and am offered a choice of tea, coffee or cold squash and some biscuits.
have to deliver several newspapers as well
:cuppa
;liar
A bit uncalled for. :thumbdown
bringon4dayweeks wrote: do you go the shop to buy the newspapers ?
Why its a service we provide (page 23)

http://www.royalmail.com/sites/default/ ... NG_50p.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Rural Newspaper Delivery – is a newspaper distribution service on behalf of newspaper distribution
companies, newsagents and other outlets to customers located in remote areas.

Service Price

Rural Newspaper Delivery £1.55
The price in this table excludes VAT, which is charged at the standard rate
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
eian687
Posts: 743
Joined: 27 May 2007, 09:43
Location: south wales

Re: How many customers offered you a drink 13/7/2013

Post by eian687 »

bringon4dayweeks wrote:
eian687 wrote:covered a rural round, stop at one farm every day and am offered a choice of tea, coffee or cold squash and some biscuits.
have to deliver several newspapers as well
:cuppa
do you go the shop to buy the newspapers ?
they pay or give vouchers for them
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: How many customers offered you a drink 13/7/2013

Post by OnAFlyer »

I've been offered a drink twice in 16 years. I did my old walk for 10 years, got loads of tips at Christmas and knew nearly everyone but was offered a cup of tea once in all that time.

Maybe I'm just a tw*t. :chuckle
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: How many customers offered you a drink 13/7/2013

Post by arnold cheshire »

wazz wrote:So like the title says. It was very very hot day today.

1 customer offered me a drink. Who had a special. I said no thanks cuz I was fasting (Ramadan)

I usually carry a 2 litre frozen water bottle

I been on this delivery around 2 years now.

So how many customers offered u a drink ?
i was offered a magnum
anTi
Posts: 380
Joined: 19 Oct 2009, 15:54
Gender: Male

Re: How many customers offered you a drink 13/7/2013

Post by anTi »

hehe, yes one did. I refused. Was a jehovah y'see...
Regal
Posts: 132
Joined: 03 Nov 2007, 13:34
Gender: Male
Location: Yorkshire

Re: How many customers offered you a drink 13/7/2013

Post by Regal »

Well i delivery to Shane Macgowens house so its abit hard not to get offered a drink!
Although the litre flask of tea i have is enough.
Tomorrow Never Knows
flimflamman
Posts: 91
Joined: 09 Aug 2009, 07:01
Gender: Female

Re: How many customers offered you a drink 13/7/2013

Post by flimflamman »

23 years on delivery and have never been offered a drink,the window cleaner and dustbin men on my round get an unlimited amount of tea and biscuits and also a bacon butty from the sandwich shop,but im not bothered i just get on with it,[img]%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20[/img]
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: How many customers offered you a drink 13/7/2013

Post by arnold cheshire »

Regal wrote:Well i delivery to Shane Macgowens house so its abit hard not to get offered a drink!
Although the litre flask of tea i have is enough.
wow shane macgowen
RedBagMan
Posts: 1010
Joined: 01 Aug 2010, 17:53
Gender: Male
Location: Behind the lens

Re: How many customers offered you a drink 13/7/2013

Post by RedBagMan »

bringon4dayweeks wrote:
wazz wrote:So like the title says. It was very very hot day today.

1 customer offered me a drink. Who had a special. I said no thanks cuz I was fasting (Ramadan)

I usually carry a 2 litre frozen water bottle

I been on this delivery around 2 years now.

So how many customers offered u a drink ?
i was offered a magnum
Nice !!!!

Image
"We're under model" - oh no we're not - stick your lapse elsewhere ...
mailmonkey
Posts: 431
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 22:12
Gender: Male

Re: How many customers offered you a drink 13/7/2013

Post by mailmonkey »

bringon4dayweeks wrote:
wazz wrote:So like the title says. It was very very hot day today.

1 customer offered me a drink. Who had a special. I said no thanks cuz I was fasting (Ramadan)

I usually carry a 2 litre frozen water bottle

I been on this delivery around 2 years now.

So how many customers offered u a drink ?
i was offered a magnum
were you feeling lucky?

Image
Bernardson
Posts: 320
Joined: 11 Dec 2007, 23:22

Re: How many customers offered you a drink 13/7/2013

Post by Bernardson »

postiemids wrote:
Sherpas Rule wrote:I knock on doors to get my bottle refilled, has often ended up with a can of cold juice or beer instead!
nice i might try that :-)
If I do I make sure its a clean house :shock:

I often get offered some squash or a cup of tea . I know we get moaning customers but there's some nice one out there too :Very Happy
andy3665
Posts: 89
Joined: 08 Jul 2012, 21:58
Gender: Male

Re: How many customers offered you a drink 13/7/2013

Post by andy3665 »

Caniel wrote:None has offered me anything last week when it was boiling then this week I wore just my Bikini again under the High-Viz like last year and I had loads of people offering me a bottle of water or a soft drink :nana
That must be a picture for the courier!!! Bikini wearing post women!!!

I put mine on today but got sent home :left: