This is my take on the whole coming on to this forum and telling people you won't strike or giving excuses why we shouldn't which I have noticed an increase of lately.crammypostie1 wrote:I dont know if i would strike this time
People have their reasons to strike and some people have their reasons not to.
The reasons to strike are all related to industrial issues and the reasons not to are either personal or industrial issues.
I have no problem debating the pros and cons of the industrial issues with people,whether they think a strike will be effective,whether they think a work to rule would be more effective or even whether they think the business is wonderful and we're just a bunch of lazy slackers but I refuse to debate a personal decision based on finances because I am deeply suspicious of anyone who comes on to a forum like this using money as a reason not to strike.
It isn't that this is not a legitimate reason it's because it begs the question why you would want to give that information in the first place.
Not striking is a personal thing,something you have to justify to yourself,not a bunch of total strangers on an internet forum.
You can understand why people strike.
You can understand why people encourage others to strike.
You can even understand why some people don't strike.
It is very hard to understand any reason why a decent person would encourage others not to strike,unlike striking it's not something you need to build support for unless it's your wish to undermine the whole process,and unless you are on the side of senior management that makes no sense at all.