ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Will You Be Part of Our New TV Advert

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Stormproof
Posts: 6116
Joined: 07 Jul 2007, 21:03
Gender: Female

Re: Will You Be Part of Our New TV Advert

Post by Stormproof »

fishtank wrote:
Stormproof wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbVFuydEFSQ this one was probably the best at the time but all the stuff they showed then has gone and the ad would probably only last 5 seconds now.
The guy at the start jacked it in to drive ambulances though.
Think he was killed off in the end.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kwame_Kwei-Armah" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; is it him?
So keep on moving, moving, moving your feet
Keep on shuf-shuf-shuffling to this ghost dance beat
Just keep on walking down never ending streets


Illegitimi non carborundum
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Will You Be Part of Our New TV Advert

Post by fishtank »


Yep.
Fin from Casualty.
Image

Not that I watched it though. :so there
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
bensonhedge
Posts: 448
Joined: 15 Mar 2010, 20:14
Gender: Male

Re: Will You Be Part of Our New TV Advert

Post by bensonhedge »

I,d sooner set my hair on fire and put it out with a cricket bat.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Will You Be Part of Our New TV Advert

Post by dvbuk55 »

bensonhedge wrote:I,d sooner set my hair on fire and put it out with a cricket bat.
Go for it benson - it would be a killer on you tube :chuckle :chuckle
UnhappyGremlin
Posts: 2685
Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: Hiding

Re: Will You Be Part of Our New TV Advert

Post by UnhappyGremlin »

No.
Too much self respect.
And no doubt any 'fee' will be basically nothing.

What about that guy with the trolley that appears on MRM every 5 mins? He could probably do with the extra £5....
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
Pinky 1
Posts: 1510
Joined: 01 Mar 2009, 11:38
Gender: Male
Location: Wales

Re: Will You Be Part of Our New TV Advert

Post by Pinky 1 »

I deliver moments of joy to quite a few customers ....... :whistle
"Cara yn bod 'n briod , dydy 'n fawr at ca a hun 'n anad berson a 'ch angen at blina achos 'r bwyso chan 'ch buchedd "
" I like being married,, it's great to find that one special person you want to bother for the rest of your life "
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

Re: Will You Be Part of Our New TV Advert

Post by daveyeff »

have they changed their minds on privatisation then or has it just been kicked into the long grass
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Will You Be Part of Our New TV Advert

Post by dvbuk55 »

daveyeff wrote:have they changed their minds on privatisation then or has it just been kicked into the long grass
Well no - it's really a show me advert - here I am come and get me, buy a piece of me and become one of the people.

Do you know what's going to be galling if it comes to a public sale and old joe public has pulled a grand out of the mattress to have a go - it will be a never ending dirge of "I pay your wages" - which is something that although the public own us they haven't directly funded us and don't realise it.
veryn
Posts: 82
Joined: 30 Jan 2011, 09:10
Gender: Male

Re: Will You Be Part of Our New TV Advert

Post by veryn »

'Can you make the casting date of Monday 8th july central London?'

Hmmmmm I doubt my dom will give me the time off :hmmmm
UnhappyGremlin
Posts: 2685
Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: Hiding

Re: Will You Be Part of Our New TV Advert

Post by UnhappyGremlin »

veryn wrote:'Can you make the casting date of Monday 8th july central London?'

Hmmmmm I doubt my dom will give me the time off :hmmmm
According to the letter they have to.
But I can't see them getting many volunteers.
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
Godric
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 855
Joined: 17 Oct 2009, 12:08
Gender: Male
Location: The Kingdom of Alba

Re: Will You Be Part of Our New TV Advert

Post by Godric »

put mine where it belong .... in the blue wheelie bin :cool
"Vi har haft århundraden av kärlek och tillit till varandra."
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: Will You Be Part of Our New TV Advert

Post by k979aaa »

Id rather stick my head in a blender with bullsh!t is not how all mangers are trained theses days maybe they can get moya to do it for £500000 she does fu(k all else.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Will You Be Part of Our New TV Advert

Post by dvbuk55 »

What's wrong with you people, here you have the opportunity to crack Hollywood, think of the kudos - imagine the Cannes Film Festival, topless chicks begging for your attention - Oh yes I can see it all now....................screaming at the paparazzi "No pictures, No pictures" - smashing the camera whilst the bodyguard deals with the general public and those ever present mobile phone intrusions...............I'm working on my motivation now :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle :chuckle
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Will You Be Part of Our New TV Advert

Post by fishtank »

dvbuk55 wrote:topless chicks begging for your attention
There's enough headless chickens at work DV. :cuppa
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
north london driver
Posts: 560
Joined: 18 Aug 2010, 21:51
Gender: Male

Re: Will You Be Part of Our New TV Advert

Post by north london driver »

when was the last royal mail advert shown 1998