ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
take the payment or the day off
-
coxie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1336
- Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 14:57
- Gender: Male
Re: take the payment or the day off
They don't want a big overtime bill at the end of the week so deny all knowledge of it. Will HR confirm this is acceptable practice?
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: take the payment or the day off
Yes.coxie wrote:Will HR confirm this is acceptable practice?
It has it's own PSP code apparently.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
coxie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1336
- Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 14:57
- Gender: Male
Re: take the payment or the day off
Cheers fish been most helpful
-
coxie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1336
- Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 14:57
- Gender: Male
Re: take the payment or the day off
One more question does anyone know for sure if booking the docket instead is our choice or the managers because they say the discretion is theirs.
-
wheresourmoney
- Posts: 170
- Joined: 27 Jan 2011, 14:50
- Gender: Male
Re: take the payment or the day off
Update on above topic, I spoke to H.R on Friday and I was told that you can opt for the money if you so wish, I then spoke to them again today and got a different person who is also a supervisor, asked him the same question and got the same answer, I asked for the relevent paperwork relating to the issue and he stated that there wasn;t any as it was a subject that r.m did not want widely advertised , he said that if anyone had a problem, to get their manager to ring H.R and they would clarify it for themwheresourmoney wrote:Hi everyone, hope you are enjoying your bank holiday weekend, i just want to ask a quick question, i'm sure I read somewhere that if you are owed a day because your day off fell on a bank holiday you can opt for the money instead, i'm fed up going into the office all the time trying to get the day off that I am owed and being told their are no spare days available.cheers
-
maisymoo04
- Posts: 2226
- Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: You dont want to no
-
wheresourmoney
- Posts: 170
- Joined: 27 Jan 2011, 14:50
- Gender: Male
Re: take the payment or the day off
Spoke to my dom and suggested he rings h.r and they will clarify situation to him, he came back and said that h.r had confermed what he already new, that he did not have to give me the money if requested, so again I rang H.R when I got home and this time I was told it was up to the manager whether I was given the money or not.What the feck is going on, I am serously getting the hump.wheresourmoney wrote:Update on above topic, I spoke to H.R on Friday and I was told that you can opt for the money if you so wish, I then spoke to them again today and got a different person who is also a supervisor, asked him the same question and got the same answer, I asked for the relevent paperwork relating to the issue and he stated that there wasn;t any as it was a subject that r.m did not want widely advertised , he said that if anyone had a problem, to get their manager to ring H.R and they would clarify it for themwheresourmoney wrote:Hi everyone, hope you are enjoying your bank holiday weekend, i just want to ask a quick question, i'm sure I read somewhere that if you are owed a day because your day off fell on a bank holiday you can opt for the money instead, i'm fed up going into the office all the time trying to get the day off that I am owed and being told their are no spare days available.cheers
-
wheresourmoney
- Posts: 170
- Joined: 27 Jan 2011, 14:50
- Gender: Male
Re: take the payment or the day off
Fishtank, what is a p.s.p code and can you get a copy of it.fishtank wrote:Yes.coxie wrote:Will HR confirm this is acceptable practice?
It has it's own PSP code apparently.
-
hantsman
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 876
- Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 09:33
- Gender: Male
Re: take the payment or the day off
Just email Moya.