ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

take the payment or the day off

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
coxie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1336
Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 14:57
Gender: Male

Re: take the payment or the day off

Post by coxie »

They don't want a big overtime bill at the end of the week so deny all knowledge of it. Will HR confirm this is acceptable practice?
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: take the payment or the day off

Post by fishtank »

coxie wrote:Will HR confirm this is acceptable practice?
Yes.
It has it's own PSP code apparently.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
coxie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1336
Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 14:57
Gender: Male

Re: take the payment or the day off

Post by coxie »

Cheers fish been most helpful
coxie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1336
Joined: 09 Oct 2009, 14:57
Gender: Male

Re: take the payment or the day off

Post by coxie »

One more question does anyone know for sure if booking the docket instead is our choice or the managers because they say the discretion is theirs.
wheresourmoney
Posts: 170
Joined: 27 Jan 2011, 14:50
Gender: Male

Re: take the payment or the day off

Post by wheresourmoney »

wheresourmoney wrote:Hi everyone, hope you are enjoying your bank holiday weekend, i just want to ask a quick question, i'm sure I read somewhere that if you are owed a day because your day off fell on a bank holiday you can opt for the money instead, i'm fed up going into the office all the time trying to get the day off that I am owed and being told their are no spare days available.cheers
Update on above topic, I spoke to H.R on Friday and I was told that you can opt for the money if you so wish, I then spoke to them again today and got a different person who is also a supervisor, asked him the same question and got the same answer, I asked for the relevent paperwork relating to the issue and he stated that there wasn;t any as it was a subject that r.m did not want widely advertised , he said that if anyone had a problem, to get their manager to ring H.R and they would clarify it for them
maisymoo04
Posts: 2226
Joined: 07 Apr 2010, 17:11
Gender: Male
Location: You dont want to no

Re: take the payment or the day off

Post by maisymoo04 »

:no no :no no :no no :no no :no no
"Some day I will have the bottle to take the money"
wheresourmoney
Posts: 170
Joined: 27 Jan 2011, 14:50
Gender: Male

Re: take the payment or the day off

Post by wheresourmoney »

wheresourmoney wrote:
wheresourmoney wrote:Hi everyone, hope you are enjoying your bank holiday weekend, i just want to ask a quick question, i'm sure I read somewhere that if you are owed a day because your day off fell on a bank holiday you can opt for the money instead, i'm fed up going into the office all the time trying to get the day off that I am owed and being told their are no spare days available.cheers
Update on above topic, I spoke to H.R on Friday and I was told that you can opt for the money if you so wish, I then spoke to them again today and got a different person who is also a supervisor, asked him the same question and got the same answer, I asked for the relevent paperwork relating to the issue and he stated that there wasn;t any as it was a subject that r.m did not want widely advertised , he said that if anyone had a problem, to get their manager to ring H.R and they would clarify it for them
Spoke to my dom and suggested he rings h.r and they will clarify situation to him, he came back and said that h.r had confermed what he already new, that he did not have to give me the money if requested, so again I rang H.R when I got home and this time I was told it was up to the manager whether I was given the money or not.What the feck is going on, I am serously getting the hump.
wheresourmoney
Posts: 170
Joined: 27 Jan 2011, 14:50
Gender: Male

Re: take the payment or the day off

Post by wheresourmoney »

fishtank wrote:
coxie wrote:Will HR confirm this is acceptable practice?
Yes.
It has it's own PSP code apparently.
Fishtank, what is a p.s.p code and can you get a copy of it.
hantsman
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 876
Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 09:33
Gender: Male

Re: take the payment or the day off

Post by hantsman »

Just email Moya.