I failed my first changeover test because the dickhead that did the test expected me to be the best driver in the world. He also failed a lot of others at my d.o so my manager at the time got rid of him and got in another guy to do the tests and everything was fine. We did our change over in 2010 and I've not had a single bump just like i haven't in my car. Don't worry about it mate and you will pass the next chance you get.Lee Best wrote:Hi.
I failed my driving/ changeover test today. Abosultey gutted as im normally a good driver. Just was really nervous and these nerves really affected me today.
The manager didnt seem to impressed.
And im really scared of losing my job. Which will be a shame as i love being a postie.
Just wondering could i face the sack? Will i maybe get another chance?
Think if i did have another shot at it id be less nervous and should pass.
Has anyone here failed it the 1st time and was given another chance?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Failed my Driving/ Changeover test
-
carpathia_kuja
- Posts: 86
- Joined: 19 Apr 2009, 20:24
- Gender: Male
- Location: Toon
Re: Failed my Driving/ Changeover test
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: Failed my Driving/ Changeover test
You should also remember that it costs RM about £150 per test, so there is something in it for the person doing the test, more money if they fail you for a second test.carpathia_kuja wrote:I failed my first changeover test because the dickhead that did the test expected me to be the best driver in the world. He also failed a lot of others at my d.o so my manager at the time got rid of him and got in another guy to do the tests and everything was fine. We did our change over in 2010 and I've not had a single bump just like i haven't in my car. Don't worry about it mate and you will pass the next chance you get.Lee Best wrote:Hi.
I failed my driving/ changeover test today. Abosultey gutted as im normally a good driver. Just was really nervous and these nerves really affected me today.
The manager didnt seem to impressed.
And im really scared of losing my job. Which will be a shame as i love being a postie.
Just wondering could i face the sack? Will i maybe get another chance?
Think if i did have another shot at it id be less nervous and should pass.
Has anyone here failed it the 1st time and was given another chance?
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
-
korky
- Posts: 797
- Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28
Re: Failed my Driving/ Changeover test
not necessarily as it usually works spot on with my regular, i do have a smaller loop half way through to allow me to chalk off a few parcels/SDOnAFlyer wrote:The loops or workload are wrong then, you should do an equal amount whether driver or walker.korky wrote:is it going to be that much of a problem not driving?
my p'looper just had a week off and they covered him with a driver so i let him chauffeur me about and it was bliss.
no darting about to get rid of specials and big parcels, odd 5 minute break waiting to be picked up.
amazing what extra the driver does compared to a non driver, and for no extra cost!
either way, its less hassle been the non driver
-
cyberheater
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 274
- Joined: 14 Jan 2010, 18:36
- Gender: Male
Re: Failed my Driving/ Changeover test
I took the new test. It was 3.5 hours of solid driving. Motorways, country lanes, reversing etc... It was tough.OnAFlyer wrote:Most of that 3.5hrs is spent on the computer, and it doesn't take anywhere near as long as you're given. The computer part took me about an hour if that and the driving was 45 minutes or so, really basic stuff like driving forwards and reversing around a corner.SF wrote:The changeovers are different now. When I joined 5 years ago I went for a 15 minute drive around town. Now though, I believe it's a 3.5 hour assessment.
Did you do 3.5 hours lee? If so, no shame at all. That's a long assessment!
And they can't sack you. You have your driving license. It's Royal Mail who is choosing to put you through their tests.
This was around 2 years ago, the new starters in my office have said its the same now.
-
JiminyBillyBob
- Posts: 177
- Joined: 26 Jun 2012, 21:06
- Gender: Male
Re: Failed my Driving/ Changeover test
s**t! I would fail that if its to test standers, haven't reversed round a corner since my driving test, many years ago! and forget about parallel parking!cyberheater wrote:I took the new test. It was 3.5 hours of solid driving. Motorways, country lanes, reversing etc... It was tough.OnAFlyer wrote:Most of that 3.5hrs is spent on the computer, and it doesn't take anywhere near as long as you're given. The computer part took me about an hour if that and the driving was 45 minutes or so, really basic stuff like driving forwards and reversing around a corner.SF wrote:The changeovers are different now. When I joined 5 years ago I went for a 15 minute drive around town. Now though, I believe it's a 3.5 hour assessment.
Did you do 3.5 hours lee? If so, no shame at all. That's a long assessment!
And they can't sack you. You have your driving license. It's Royal Mail who is choosing to put you through their tests.
This was around 2 years ago, the new starters in my office have said its the same now.
-
SF
- Posts: 183
- Joined: 12 Nov 2009, 23:30
- Gender: Male
- Location: Midlands.
Re: Failed my Driving/ Changeover test
That's not the case at our office. It's 3.5 hours solid driving, 30 minutes on the computer. That's with AA. Several of my colleagues have done it. Said they were absolutely knackered afterwards.OnAFlyer wrote:Most of that 3.5hrs is spent on the computer, and it doesn't take anywhere near as long as you're given. The computer part took me about an hour if that and the driving was 45 minutes or so, really basic stuff like driving forwards and reversing around a corner.SF wrote:The changeovers are different now. When I joined 5 years ago I went for a 15 minute drive around town. Now though, I believe it's a 3.5 hour assessment.
Did you do 3.5 hours lee? If so, no shame at all. That's a long assessment!
And they can't sack you. You have your driving license. It's Royal Mail who is choosing to put you through their tests.
This was around 2 years ago, the new starters in my office have said its the same now.
-
Jimmcguinn
- Posts: 63
- Joined: 03 Apr 2008, 21:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Failed my Driving/ Changeover test
I've got my driving test tommorrow,only thing is its my day off.
Do I need to wear my uniform and will I be paid?
Do I need to wear my uniform and will I be paid?
-
UnhappyGremlin
- Posts: 2685
- Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hiding
Re: Failed my Driving/ Changeover test
I'd say yes to both. If your manager says you aren't going to be paid, don't take the test and go home. They should never have arranged it on your day off.Jimmcguinn wrote:I've got my driving test tommorrow,only thing is its my day off.
Do I need to wear my uniform and will I be paid?
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
-
SF
- Posts: 183
- Joined: 12 Nov 2009, 23:30
- Gender: Male
- Location: Midlands.
Re: Failed my Driving/ Changeover test
Don't forget to claim the petrol money for making you drive in for no reason!UnhappyGremlin wrote:I'd say yes to both. If your manager says you aren't going to be paid, don't take the test and go home. They should never have arranged it on your day off.Jimmcguinn wrote:I've got my driving test tommorrow,only thing is its my day off.
Do I need to wear my uniform and will I be paid?
-
Jimmcguinn
- Posts: 63
- Joined: 03 Apr 2008, 21:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Failed my Driving/ Changeover test
Cheers guys.