ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

goodbye royal mail

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: goodbye royal mail

Post by DGP1 »

10 years I've been inside.........but only the past few years have screwed me up, hills and steps are the enemy of us and should be limited when planning out any delivery (3 1/2 hours of constant hills/steps is just too much).
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
motch
Posts: 332
Joined: 08 May 2008, 23:19
Gender: Male

Re: goodbye royal mail

Post by motch »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
stokes11eg wrote:
Stormproof wrote:I think they will be rid of me down the IHR route within the next 12 months. I've been diagnosed with COPD and I very much doubt I'll beable to continue in the job and the way its going I'll be glad to be out of it.
:shock: I'm starting to think R/M must have the highest percentage of workers paid off on health grounds! What a job!
I think its accelerated since Crozier (although have no links to prove it) - I guess because of his claim of Spanish Practices and being only 60% efficient this gave management the green light to turn the screw and no we have the situation where after about 10 - 15 years working as a walking postie things start to break down. CDV and trolleys "may" extend the useful working life of an average postie but not enough to make this a School to retirement job. :cry
maybe in the future the postie will be the new 2 year national service like in the old days.
flaminmoses
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 819
Joined: 05 Jul 2009, 14:17
Gender: Male

Re: goodbye royal mail

Post by flaminmoses »

Got my payoff today :nana
pekeroon
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 13
Joined: 08 Oct 2010, 20:22
Gender: Female

Re: goodbye royal mail

Post by pekeroon »

flaminmoses wrote:Got my payoff today :nana

Good luck flaminmoses :Very Happy

when is your last day at work?

mine was a bit tearful saying goodbye to all my mates :sad:

must say my knees are better and my foot problem not so bad now

so glad i took the pay off and no regrets
postman nel
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 122
Joined: 24 Apr 2013, 15:31
Gender: Male

Re: goodbye royal mail

Post by postman nel »

flaminmoses wrote:Got my payoff today :nana
This time next week I will be an ex-postman. ..goodbye R/M hello social life. .... :nana
stokes11eg
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3077
Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
Gender: Female

Re: goodbye royal mail

Post by stokes11eg »

postman nel wrote:
flaminmoses wrote:Got my payoff today :nana
This time next week I will be an ex-postman. ..goodbye R/M hello social life. .... :nana
:wink: YIp, good luck, but your social life will probavly revolve round the Job Centre! LOL!
flaminmoses
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 819
Joined: 05 Jul 2009, 14:17
Gender: Male

Re: goodbye royal mail

Post by flaminmoses »

Last day was last Saturday although I've been off for 7 / 8 months.

Popped in yesterday to see the other rep.....most pasties had already gone out!
postman nel
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 122
Joined: 24 Apr 2013, 15:31
Gender: Male

Re: goodbye royal mail

Post by postman nel »

stokes11eg wrote:
postman nel wrote:
flaminmoses wrote:Got my payoff today :nana
This time next week I will be an ex-postman. ..goodbye R/M hello social life. .... :nana
:wink: YIp, good luck, but your social life will probavly revolve round the Job Centre! LOL!
Sorry to disappoint. .finish R/M on the Saturday start new job on the Monday. ..more per hour...mon-fri...holidays when I want and a beautiful pay off.. :nana
SP115
Posts: 178
Joined: 25 Nov 2012, 17:52
Gender: Male
Location: Location: Location

Re: goodbye royal mail

Post by SP115 »

Nice :Applause

Good luck with the new job.

ATB.
wacko74
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1572
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
Gender: Male

Re: goodbye royal mail

Post by wacko74 »

DGP1 wrote:10 years I've been inside.........but only the past few years have screwed me up, hills and steps are the enemy of us and should be limited when planning out any delivery (3 1/2 hours of constant hills/steps is just too much).
I was thinking the same the other day... is the local geography and terrain taken into account with pegasus or geo-route (or whatever the hell its now called)?... my D.O. serves a very hilly area and some of the walks are horrendous, whole estates built on a hill side so you are constantly walking up and down slopes and steps for the whole delivery. It must be so much tougher than delivering in a flat part of the country.
stokes11eg
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3077
Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
Gender: Female

Re: goodbye royal mail

Post by stokes11eg »

postman nel wrote:
stokes11eg wrote:
postman nel wrote:
flaminmoses wrote:Got my payoff today :nana
This time next week I will be an ex-postman. ..goodbye R/M hello social life. .... :nana
:wink: YIp, good luck, but your social life will probavly revolve round the Job Centre! LOL!
Sorry to disappoint. .finish R/M on the Saturday start new job on the Monday. ..more per hour...mon-fri...holidays when I want and a beautiful pay off.. :nana
:Very Happy
stokes11eg
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3077
Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
Gender: Female

Re: goodbye royal mail

Post by stokes11eg »

postman nel wrote:
stokes11eg wrote:
postman nel wrote:
flaminmoses wrote:Got my payoff today :nana
This time next week I will be an ex-postman. ..goodbye R/M hello social life. .... :nana
:wink: YIp, good luck, but your social life will probavly revolve round the Job Centre! LOL!
Sorry to disappoint. .finish R/M on the Saturday start new job on the Monday. ..more per hour...mon-fri...holidays when I want and a beautiful pay off.. :nana
:Very Happy
pekeroon
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 13
Joined: 08 Oct 2010, 20:22
Gender: Female

Re: goodbye royal mail

Post by pekeroon »

postman nel wrote:
stokes11eg wrote:
postman nel wrote:
flaminmoses wrote:Got my payoff today :nana
This time next week I will be an ex-postman. ..goodbye R/M hello social life. .... :nana
:wink: YIp, good luck, but your social life will probavly revolve round the Job Centre! LOL!
Sorry to disappoint. .finish R/M on the Saturday start new job on the Monday. ..more per hour...mon-fri...holidays when I want and a beautiful pay off.. :nana
nice one :Applause
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: goodbye royal mail

Post by arnold cheshire »

flaminmoses wrote:Last day was last Saturday although I've been off for 7 / 8 months.

Popped in yesterday to see the other rep.....most pasties had already gone out!
greggs "pasties" all sold out hey ?
flaminmoses
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 819
Joined: 05 Jul 2009, 14:17
Gender: Male

Re: goodbye royal mail

Post by flaminmoses »

Oops damn iPad