ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
goodbye royal mail
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: goodbye royal mail
10 years I've been inside.........but only the past few years have screwed me up, hills and steps are the enemy of us and should be limited when planning out any delivery (3 1/2 hours of constant hills/steps is just too much).
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
motch
- Posts: 332
- Joined: 08 May 2008, 23:19
- Gender: Male
Re: goodbye royal mail
maybe in the future the postie will be the new 2 year national service like in the old days.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:I think its accelerated since Crozier (although have no links to prove it) - I guess because of his claim of Spanish Practices and being only 60% efficient this gave management the green light to turn the screw and no we have the situation where after about 10 - 15 years working as a walking postie things start to break down. CDV and trolleys "may" extend the useful working life of an average postie but not enough to make this a School to retirement job.stokes11eg wrote:Stormproof wrote:I think they will be rid of me down the IHR route within the next 12 months. I've been diagnosed with COPD and I very much doubt I'll beable to continue in the job and the way its going I'll be glad to be out of it.I'm starting to think R/M must have the highest percentage of workers paid off on health grounds! What a job!
-
flaminmoses
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 819
- Joined: 05 Jul 2009, 14:17
- Gender: Male
Re: goodbye royal mail
Got my payoff today 
-
pekeroon
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 13
- Joined: 08 Oct 2010, 20:22
- Gender: Female
Re: goodbye royal mail
flaminmoses wrote:Got my payoff today
Good luck flaminmoses
when is your last day at work?
mine was a bit tearful saying goodbye to all my mates
must say my knees are better and my foot problem not so bad now
so glad i took the pay off and no regrets
-
postman nel
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 122
- Joined: 24 Apr 2013, 15:31
- Gender: Male
Re: goodbye royal mail
This time next week I will be an ex-postman. ..goodbye R/M hello social life. ....flaminmoses wrote:Got my payoff today
-
stokes11eg
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3077
- Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
- Gender: Female
Re: goodbye royal mail
postman nel wrote:This time next week I will be an ex-postman. ..goodbye R/M hello social life. ....flaminmoses wrote:Got my payoff today
-
flaminmoses
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 819
- Joined: 05 Jul 2009, 14:17
- Gender: Male
Re: goodbye royal mail
Last day was last Saturday although I've been off for 7 / 8 months.
Popped in yesterday to see the other rep.....most pasties had already gone out!
Popped in yesterday to see the other rep.....most pasties had already gone out!
-
postman nel
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 122
- Joined: 24 Apr 2013, 15:31
- Gender: Male
Re: goodbye royal mail
Sorry to disappoint. .finish R/M on the Saturday start new job on the Monday. ..more per hour...mon-fri...holidays when I want and a beautiful pay off..stokes11eg wrote:postman nel wrote:This time next week I will be an ex-postman. ..goodbye R/M hello social life. ....flaminmoses wrote:Got my payoff todayYIp, good luck, but your social life will probavly revolve round the Job Centre! LOL!
-
SP115
- Posts: 178
- Joined: 25 Nov 2012, 17:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Location: Location
Re: goodbye royal mail
Nice
Good luck with the new job.
ATB.
Good luck with the new job.
ATB.
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Re: goodbye royal mail
I was thinking the same the other day... is the local geography and terrain taken into account with pegasus or geo-route (or whatever the hell its now called)?... my D.O. serves a very hilly area and some of the walks are horrendous, whole estates built on a hill side so you are constantly walking up and down slopes and steps for the whole delivery. It must be so much tougher than delivering in a flat part of the country.DGP1 wrote:10 years I've been inside.........but only the past few years have screwed me up, hills and steps are the enemy of us and should be limited when planning out any delivery (3 1/2 hours of constant hills/steps is just too much).
-
stokes11eg
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3077
- Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
- Gender: Female
Re: goodbye royal mail
postman nel wrote:Sorry to disappoint. .finish R/M on the Saturday start new job on the Monday. ..more per hour...mon-fri...holidays when I want and a beautiful pay off..stokes11eg wrote:postman nel wrote:This time next week I will be an ex-postman. ..goodbye R/M hello social life. ....flaminmoses wrote:Got my payoff todayYIp, good luck, but your social life will probavly revolve round the Job Centre! LOL!
-
stokes11eg
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3077
- Joined: 20 Nov 2008, 12:51
- Gender: Female
Re: goodbye royal mail
postman nel wrote:Sorry to disappoint. .finish R/M on the Saturday start new job on the Monday. ..more per hour...mon-fri...holidays when I want and a beautiful pay off..stokes11eg wrote:postman nel wrote:This time next week I will be an ex-postman. ..goodbye R/M hello social life. ....flaminmoses wrote:Got my payoff todayYIp, good luck, but your social life will probavly revolve round the Job Centre! LOL!
-
pekeroon
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 13
- Joined: 08 Oct 2010, 20:22
- Gender: Female
Re: goodbye royal mail
nice onepostman nel wrote:Sorry to disappoint. .finish R/M on the Saturday start new job on the Monday. ..more per hour...mon-fri...holidays when I want and a beautiful pay off..stokes11eg wrote:postman nel wrote:This time next week I will be an ex-postman. ..goodbye R/M hello social life. ....flaminmoses wrote:Got my payoff todayYIp, good luck, but your social life will probavly revolve round the Job Centre! LOL!
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: goodbye royal mail
greggs "pasties" all sold out hey ?flaminmoses wrote:Last day was last Saturday although I've been off for 7 / 8 months.
Popped in yesterday to see the other rep.....most pasties had already gone out!
-
flaminmoses
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 819
- Joined: 05 Jul 2009, 14:17
- Gender: Male
Re: goodbye royal mail
Oops damn iPad