ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

RMTV what a waste of time and money

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
itllnottouchyou
Posts: 164
Joined: 26 Jun 2009, 18:21
Gender: Male

Re: RMTV what a waste of time and money

Post by itllnottouchyou »

Its the same crap they repeat every week,one price goes anywhere,6 days a week uso etc!!! :thumbdown
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Re: RMTV what a waste of time and money

Post by DB1100 »

itllnottouchyou wrote:Its the same crap they repeat every week,one price goes anywhere,6 days a week uso etc!!! :thumbdown
You missed out the bit about the mail falling by 5 per cent every day or some such rubbish.
For we were soldiers once,and young
Cut Off King
Posts: 1078
Joined: 23 Jun 2009, 21:18
Gender: Female

Re: RMTV what a waste of time and money

Post by Cut Off King »

By the tone of some of the comments on here, It's almost as if you people don't believe in Moyas vision of the future. :Very Happy
arty_morty
Posts: 282
Joined: 24 Jun 2010, 13:07
Gender: Male
Location: London

Re: RMTV what a waste of time and money

Post by arty_morty »

Mr Blonde wrote:That one girl on there would get the full three minutes.
https://www.myroyalmail.com/rmtv/rmtv-29-april-2013" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:wink:
I staged a Roger Moore impersonator festival in my local village. There were a lot of eyebrows raised, I can tell you.
Brain Fury
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 664
Joined: 07 Apr 2011, 18:03
Gender: Male

Re: RMTV what a waste of time and money

Post by Brain Fury »

Just out of interest. Does anybody think a business should try to communicate with it's employees on the issues affecting it and if so how? I'm not a great fan of RMTV myself and still less of the daily Courier but I don't know what else they could do.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72767
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: RMTV what a waste of time and money

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Brain Fury wrote:Just out of interest. Does anybody think a business should try to communicate with it's employees on the issues affecting it and if so how? I'm not a great fan of RMTV myself and still less of the daily Courier but I don't know what else they could do.
Its simple:

Image the Image
and treat us like educated adults instead of spoilt 10 year olds.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: RMTV what a waste of time and money

Post by fishtank »

Brain Fury wrote:Just out of interest. Does anybody think a business should try to communicate with it's employees on the issues affecting it and if so how? I'm not a great fan of RMTV myself and still less of the daily Courier but I don't know what else they could do.
If they really are communicating issues then employees will listen,It doesn't matter if it's through RMTV or the Courier if the information is valid and communicated in a manner that respects the experience of the staff it will be appreciated.

What won't be appreciated is being talked to like a 5 year old child and being given the same message over and over again like some clumsy cult indoctrination video.

What isn't appreciated is the presentation of the business through some kind of rose tinted Stepford Wives version of a business unit complete with fixed grins and positive soundbites.

Keep it short,keep it fresh and above all keep it real. :cuppa
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
UnhappyGremlin
Posts: 2685
Joined: 18 May 2012, 20:49
Gender: Male
Location: Hiding

Re: RMTV what a waste of time and money

Post by UnhappyGremlin »

Was 'treated' to an episode of RMTV this morning. All propaganda.
Was then told we would be having this little bit of excitement every week. :cry
Sometimes, I wish I wasn't a Rep.
janitor
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 689
Joined: 28 Aug 2007, 16:18
Gender: Male

Re: RMTV what a waste of time and money

Post by janitor »

Break the tv, the one in our office kept breaking down, even the DOM seemed happy when it wasn't working, and no we didn't have anything to do with it.
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: RMTV what a waste of time and money

Post by krussel »

Had a big cheer go up this week when they announced that last year was a good year as they managed to close 9 mail centers :no no

It was like we were all supposed to be glad and praise the good work. :so there

I find it hard to watch Moya drone on when all i can think about is it takes me 6 years of slogging the streets to earn what she earns in just ONE MONTH. :roll:
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: RMTV what a waste of time and money

Post by fishtank »

krussel wrote:I find it hard to watch Moya drone on when all i can think about is it takes me 6 years of slogging the streets to earn what she earns in just ONE MONTH. :roll:
But is she really happy kruss?
She doesn't look very happy.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share